Oman is a stunning country that is near the UAE. Given it has amazing natural beauty, outstanding attractions and cultural heritage, it has become a popular destination for residents of the UAE. Therefore, it is essential to know how to get an Oman visa for UAE residents in case you are planning to make a trip to this place. Nevertheless, the Oman visa information may be confusing since there are many missing details. This is why we have prepared a complete guide so you can know how to apply for a Visa from the UAE easily.
In this article, you are going to gain more understanding of the Oman visa price and how to apply. Let us observe:
- Do you know who can apply for an Oman Visa?
- Here we have the requirements for obtaining an Oman Visa for UAE Residents
- See the documents you need to apply for an Oman Visa from the UAE
- Visit Oman as a UAE Resident by getting a visa
- Apply online for an Oman Visa in a few steps
- Get to know the costs for obtaining your Oman Visa
- Obtaining an Oman Visa for UAE residents travelling by road
1. Do you know who can apply for an Oman Visa?
Being a UAE Resident can bring a lot of benefits for an individual. Whether you have applied for a freelance visa or a UAE Golden Visa, you can get your residency and live and work legally in the UAE.
This is why many expatriates look for jobs in the UAE since it allows them to get an employment visa, which will grant them residency.
Among the many advantages you have as a UAE Resident is the fact that you are in a privileged location. Thus, you can travel to any of the nearer countries such as Oman, Qatar, Bahrain and others to enjoy a holiday weekend or perhaps as part of your process to get a visa extension.
In this regard, since Oman is on the border with the UAE, it has become a popular destination for many UAE residents.
But, to enter Oman you may need a visa, depending on your nationality and your reason for travelling there. This is why it is helpful to know how to get an Oman visa for UAE residents.
As a UAE Resident, you can apply for an Oman Visa as long as you comply with the requirements established by the Omani Government.
2. Here we have the requirements for obtaining an Oman Visa for UAE Residents
Regardless of your place of residence in the UAE, you can get an Oman visa for UAE residents if you comply with the following requirements:
- Have a UAE residence visa with a validity of at least 3 months.
- Hold a passport that remains valid for a minimum of 6 months.
- Have been a UAE resident for at least 6 months.
- Have an occupation mentioned in the allowed occupation list.
So, if you live in the Dubai Airport Freezone, Kizad Abu Dhabi, or any other Emirate or Free Zone, you have to comply with the aforementioned requirements if you want to get an Oman visa.
However, in case you want to get another type of Oman Visa other than a visit visa, you have to carefully check the requirements. This includes the Oman work visa cost for Indian, eligibility, and more.
2.1 Make sure to comply with the terms and conditions for an Oman Visa
Applying for a visa is a simple process, but you have to ensure to make it the proper way. In this regard, make sure to follow the next guidelines to ensure a successful application:
- Apply for an Oman Visa outside of the Sultanate of Oman. Thus, apply while you are in the UAE.
- Check your passport to ensure it is valid for more than 6 months.
- Make sure to review the occupations list before applying.
- If you are planning a holiday trip, you may be required to submit a hotel booking and a return ticket.
2.2 Check the allowed occupation list to see if you can apply for an Oman Visa
The complete list of occupations allowed to apply for an Oman Visa for UAE Residents is under the Royal Oman Police portal. Since it is a long list it is important to check it carefully to determine if you can apply.
Nevertheless, here we have some of the common professions approved:
- Sales representative.
3. See the documents you need to apply for an Oman Visa from the UAE
If you comply with the eligibility criteria for getting an Oman visit visa, you can apply easily. First, you have to gather all the documentation you will need for your application.
So, here we have the paperwork you will have to submit to apply for a 3 months visit visa Oman:
- Copy of your passport.
- A recent photograph (taken in the past 6 months) with a white background.
- Your UAE Visa and a copy of your Emirates ID.
Please note that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Oman. If you do not follow this requirement, your application may be denied. So, it is better to renew your passport in case it does not have the minimum validity required.
Also, you should check the validity of your documents before applying. Thus, you can check your Emirates ID Status and use ICA Smart Services for visa status checks. This can help you save trouble.
4. Visit Oman as a UAE Resident by getting a visa
Getting a visa for Oman is a straightforward process. However, you need to select the proper visa type so you can start your application.
First, you must know that there are two types of processes to get an Oman Visa. You can get a self-sponsored visa for Oman, also known as an “unsponsored visa” or you could find a sponsor and get a “sponsored visa”.
Moreover, the visas can be broadly divided into resident and visit visas. The process for getting an Oman resident visa is almost the same as for an Oman tourist visa, the difference may rely on the requirements, eligibility and documentation.
4.2 The types of visit visas you can get as a UAE Resident for Oman
When it comes to visiting visas for Oman, there are many different types. Given that each country has its own visa scheme and entry system. Some of them are the following:
- Unsponsored tourist visa: this is valid for a month and it does not require to have a sponsor.
- Sponsored tourist visa: it is valid for three months.
- Multiple-entry visit visa (sponsored): it allows the holder to enter Oman multiple times in one year. Each stay has to be up to 30 days.
- Family Visit Visa (sponsored): It allows a relative or friend to visit an Omani national or foreign resident in Oman.
- GCC Resident Visa (unsponsored): a resident in the GCC can apply for this tourism visa. It is valid for a single entry and the individual can stay for up to 28 days.
As you probably know, the UAE is part of the GCC, thus, you can apply for a GCC Resident Visa. And, the best part is that it does not require a sponsor.
4.2 Get a resident visa for Oman as a UAE Resident
Here we have the details about the resident visa types for Oman:
- Resident sponsored visas: individuals can apply for an investor visa, employment visa, student visa and many more as long as they have a sponsor.
- Resident unsponsored visas: in this category, there is only the property owner visa.
5. Apply online for an Oman Visa in a few steps
If you are a UAE Resident, you must know that you have to apply for a GCC Resident Visa if you want to visit Oman. There are many types of visas to which you can apply, but this one is the more suitable for you since it requires less paperwork.
Make sure to comply with the requirements and gather the documentation before starting the process. In case you want to get an Oman residence visa, you have to follow a different process.
So, here we have the steps for you to apply quickly for an Oman Visa:
- Go to the Royal Oman Police (ROP) website.
- Create an account by providing your email address, and nationality, and creating a secure password.
- Verify your account with the email you have received.
- Click on “Apply for Visa.”
- Then, click on “Apply for unsponsored visa.”
- Select your nationality and click on “Yes” as the answer if you are a resident of a GCC country.
- Choose the type of visa you want to apply for.
- Start the application process by providing all the required information, just as travel document details, date of birth, and more.
- Attach the required documentation.
- Pay the fees.
If your application is approved, then you will get your Oman Visa so you can travel to this country and have a great time.
5.1 Be careful with overstaying in Oman
Once you get your Oman UAE visa, you can fly to the country to have a relaxing time. Whether you are going for tourist purposes or perhaps to get to know the country, you should be aware of the duration of your visa.
With the Oman visa for UAE residents, you are permitted to stay for a maximum of 4 weeks or 28 days. Therefore, you have to book your flight before your visa expiry.
Otherwise, you may incur overstaying and you will have to pay an overstay fine. This type of visa does not have a grace period after expiry, so be careful about this matter.
6. Get to know the costs for obtaining your Oman Visa
The Oman visit visa price is very important since it is an expense you have to consider if you are planning your trip.
In this regard, the cost will vary depending on the type of visa you have chosen. For example, the Oman visit visa 3 months price is cheaper than the price for a multi-entry visa, and the Oman 2 year visa fee 2022 will be higher than for a one-month visa.
Nevertheless, the price does not vary depending on your nationality. Thus, the Oman visit visa 3 months price for Indian is the same as for any other individual.
Therefore, here we have the fee for Oman Visa for UAE Residents:
- Oman Visa for UAE Residents: the fee is approximately AED 50 for the application.
You may want to look for travel insurance too, as in some cases it is required. In addition, it can save you a lot of stress in case of a medical emergency.
7. Obtaining an Oman Visa for UAE residents travelling by road
Oman has been having a high demand in the past few days due to the announcements of the new visit visa extension for UAE Residents. Thus, many UAE Residents may try to travel to Oman by road to save costs.
However, the Oman visa on arrival is no longer available. This is because the Omani government eliminated this option in 2019. Now, every individual that wants to enter the country has to apply for a visa before leaving.
Be careful to not travel to Oman without a visa, because you may not be granted access.
In case you want to travel to another country, you may want to check the list of countries that offer visas on arrival for UAE Residents. This way you will not have to apply for a visa before travelling.
Learning how to get a Visa for any of the Middle Eastern countries does not have to be complicated. If you want to get more information about how to get visas for Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, or any other, we invite you to visit our blog.