Oman is a country known for its unique culture, rich history, and the prosperous job market. In this regard, if you have been planning to visit this country, you need to know all about the new visa rules in Oman. This way, you can be prepared about what to expect.
In this article, you are going to learn more about the recent changes to visa policies in Oman and why they are different from the new visa rules in Oman 2020 and past ones. Let’s observe:
- What are some of the new visa rules in Oman?
- Latest Oman visa rules regarding family visa
- GCC travellers can now enter visa-free Oman
- Oman work visa news today
- See all about the Schengen visa waiver
- Oman visa news for more than 100 countries
- Oman new visa rules about the eVisa
1. What are some of the new visa rules in Oman?
Oman offers a variety of possibilities for tourists looking to get to know more about this middle eastern country.
However, it has enforced an entry system that consists of issuing several types of visas for tourists, employees, and more.
This is because every foreign national that wants to enter the country must apply for a visa first.
Nonetheless, according to the new visa rules in Oman, the country has made some changes to its policy. In this regard, any traveller needs to be informed about them before starting the application process.
It is worth mentioning that the Omani government is constantly making changes to its immigration regulations. For this reason, the new visa rules in Oman 2021 are different from the new visa rules in Oman 2022.
According to the statements, some of the changes made are the following:
- Decrease in the minimum salary requirement for obtaining a family visa.
- Visa-free entry to GCC citizens and residents.
- Consultation on the Schengen visa waiver.
- New visa-free policy for citizens from over 100 countries.
2. Latest Oman visa rules regarding family visa
The family visa is a document that expatriates can obtain to bring their family with them to Oman.
For being able to get this document, the expatriate has to meet the eligibility criteria.
In this regard, the Royal Oman Police announced that there is going to be a reduction in the requirements regarding the minimum salary the expatriate can earn to apply for a family visa.
Thus, the new visa rules in Oman regarding the family visa are the following:
- Expats that earn a minimum salary of OMR 150 per month can now apply for a family visa.
Previously, the rule stated that the minimum salary requirement was OMR 350.
This is a major shift from the previous requirement, and under this policy, more expatriates can now reunite with their families so they can together build stable life.
According to the experts, this new rule will make a positive impact on the well-being of expatriates residing in Oman. And also, it is expected to boost the local economy.
Lastly, once the family visa has been granted, it is important to check the online status of this family permit to renew it on time.
Schedule a Consultation Call with our expert
Let our experts help you find the Best Solution in Middle East
Get started today
3. GCC travellers can now enter visa-free Oman
Another one of the new visa rules in Oman is regarding GCC travellers. According to the authorities, residents of any of the GCC countries across all commercial professions can now enter visa-free to Oman.
Also, GCC travellers can arrive in Oman from any place. Previously, to enjoy this benefit, GCC travellers had to depart from their country of residence.
Therefore, if you are a UAE Resident, you hold an Iqama permit in Saudi Arabia or Kuwait, or you reside in Bahrain or Qatar, you can travel to Oman without a visa.
However, to be eligible you must comply with the following requirements:
- Hold a residence visa from any of the GCC countries with a validity of no less than 3 months.
So, if you have been wondering if you need an Oman Visa as a UAE resident, the answer is you can travel visa-free to the country.
4. Oman work visa news today
Since Oman is a country with a flourishing economy, many investors and foreign professionals want to look for opportunities there.
In this regard, expatriates can find a job in Oman and start receiving all the amazing benefits available for residents.
Nonetheless, they have to comply with the eligibility criteria. In this aspect, the Oman Government has not made any changes, as the requirements stay the same:
- Be between 21 and 60 years old.
- Obtain an employment contract.
- Employers must apply for the employment visa on behalf of the employee.
If the employee meets the requirements, the employer may start the application process for the work visa:
- First, the employer must get the labour license issued by the Ministry of Manpower.
- Once the employer has received the Labor Clearance status, it is allowed to start hiring foreign employees.
- The employer must issue a letter of invitation to the employee and obtain the employment visa.
- After that, the employer must apply to the Royal Oman Police.
- Then, the employer must get the residence card for the employee. This can be done within 30 days of entry of the employee.
5. See all about the Schengen visa waiver
Although Oman is making all of these changes to its visa policy, there are still some goals it wants to achieve.
One of them is to achieve visa-free travel from Oman to the EU. And, the government is doing an effort to get it.
According to official reports, the Foreign Ministry of Oman met with the European External Action Service of the European Union on June 2022 to advance the political consultations about the Schengen visa waiver.
The Schengen Area comprises several countries where citizens can travel with a Schengen Visa that grants them a short-term stay.
With this visa, the person can stay up to 90 days within 6 months, whether for tourism or business.
Since the Schengen zone is very popular, Omani citizens want to take advantage of its benefits.
Thus, with this consultation, the Omani government is trying to achieve visa-free travel for Omanis.
As you can see, this can be great news for Omani passport holders. And this is a major change from the Oman work visa latest news 2021.
6. Oman visa news for more than 100 countries
Another great visa news for tourists that want to visit Oman is that they can now do it for a short-term period without needing a visa.
Oman recently abolished visa requirements for 103 countries. This means that if you are on the list of eligible countries, you can travel to Oman and stay for up to 14 days without having to apply for a visa.
The Royal Oman Police confirmed this decision, and tourists can now enter visa-free from the following countries:
- European Union: Hungary, Malta, Portugal, Italy, Romania, Span, and much more, except Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia.
- Other European countries: Ukraine, United Kingdom, Monaco, Norway.
- South American countries: Colombia, Venezuela, Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil, and others.
- Asian countries: Japan, Thailand, China, South Korea, Taiwan, and others.
- North American countries: Canada, United States of America, and others
Also, there is additional news for other countries:
- Indians can apply for a visa on arrival if they have an entry visa from any of the eligible countries.
This is one of the major shifts from the Oman visa latest news 2021, as now more people can travel to Oman for a short-term stay without having to apply for a visa.
But, if you would like to stay longer, you can apply for an Oman visit visa open, and extend your stay in the country.
7. Oman new visa rules about the eVisa
Lastly, Oman announced that those that are not eligible for visa-free travel or that would like to stay longer in the country might apply for an eVisa.
Oman has several visa schemes available that cater to the specific needs of the applicant. So, if you would like to apply for a multi-entry tourist visa you can also do it.
So, in case you are wondering when Oman visa will open, you can apply for a visa online if you want.
Although the eVisa system was implemented in 2018, Oman encourages tourists and visitors to apply since it is very simple.
You can get a single-entry or multi-entry tourist visa as long as your nationality is among the countries eligible.
If not, you can also apply for a tourist visa at the Oman embassy in your country.
Understanding immigration to Oman can be challenging, particularly for an expatriate. For this reason, our blog can be very interesting for you if you want to gain more information about this country, from understanding how to submit a labour complaint to MOL Oman to the requirements, costs, and the process for obtaining an Oman visa.