Whether you are on a visit or employment visa in the UAE, you have to be aware of the expiry date, which means the date when you are allowed to legally stay in the country. Otherwise, you may put yourself at risk of paying an overstay fine in the UAE. In this regard, it is important to know how to check a visit visa fine in the UAE in case you may suspect you have stayed in the country longer than what is allowed.
In this article, you will learn more about the overstay fine in the UAE for a visit visa in 2022. Moreover, you will gain an understanding of how to check an overstay fine in the UAE and what your options are to stay or leave the country. Let’s observe:
- What is an overstay fine in the UAE?
- What are the different overstaying fines for visitors and residents?
- Where do you have to pay the fine for overstaying?
- What should you do if you have overstayed?
- How can you check your overstay fine in the UAE?
- What are the costs of overstaying in the UAE?
- How can you avoid paying fines for overstaying?
- How can Connect Resources help you avoid issues like overstaying fines in the UAE?
1. What is an overstay fine in the UAE?
The UAE welcomes thousands of visitors, tourists, and professionals from around the world. However, to enter the country you must have a valid visa, which once you got it, will have an expiry date. Usually, employment visas are granted for 2 or 3 years, while visit visas may have a validity that ranges from 30 days to 90 days, in some cases.
This validity refers to the date up to when the individual can stay legally in the UAE. But, if the person stays longer than the stipulated time, he or she will face an overstay fine in the UAE. Therefore, the overstay fine in the UAE is simply a fee that the individual has to pay for the days that he or she stays in the country once the visa has expired. Nevertheless, the person can apply for a visa extension or renewal to avoid being fined.
In case your visa expires and you stay in the country, you need to know how to check visa fines in the UAE online so you can determine the amount you will have to pay. Doing a visa fine check is an easy process, and it is a must if you want to change your status or leave the country. This is the same for all types of visas, so you can do the visit visa fine check or check the fine for your residence visa.
2. What are the different overstaying fines for visitors and residents?
Visitors and residents have to deal with different timelines and thus overstaying fines.
Schedule a Consultation Call with our expert
Let our experts help you find the Best Solution in Middle East
Get started today
2.1 Overstay fine for visitors and tourists
Overstay fine in the UAE for visit visa 2022 is the following:
- 30 days on arrival: individuals get a grace period of 10 days and after that, they will have to pay an overstay fine. They can extend their visa through a tourism or immigration company.
- 90 days on arrival: individuals get a multi-entry visa upon arrival and it has a validity of 6 months. They can stay for up to 90 days within the period. They do not get a grace period.
- Prepaid visa holders get a 10-day grace period if it is a single entry but do not get a grace period if it is a multi-entry visa.
2.2 Overstay fine for residents
When it comes to residents, they used to get a 30-day grace period once the visa expires or after the visa cancellation, but, with the recent modifications to the law, they may get a 6 months grace period.
During this time, they can change their status, exit the country or apply for a new residence visa. During the grace period, they will not face any fines, but if they stay after that time they will have to pay a fine for each day they overstay.
3. Where do you have to pay the fine for overstaying?
If you are unsure about whether you have overstayed or not, you can always carry out the UAE overstay fine check first. If once you have checked you see you will have to pay a fee, it is essential to know where you can carry out this transaction. In case you are opting for an extension, you can opt for the services of a third party to help you.
3.1 Where to pay an overstay fine in Dubai?
You can pay an overstay fine in the following locations:
- Airports, borders, and ports: every entry point has an immigration officer that will help individuals carry out a hassle-free process for paying fines
- Immigration offices, typing centers, Amer offices: go to any of these places and pay your fee.
3.2 How to pay an overstay fine in the UAE?
Paying the overstay fine in the UAE is not complicated. Here is what you need to do if you are planning to leave the country,
- First of all, carry out the UAE visit visa overstay fine check to determine the specific amount you will have to pay.
- Then, you may book your flight or purchase your exit ticket through a port of a land border.
- Arrive at the airport, port, or land border with enough anticipation, before your departure.
- Pay the visa fine UAE while exiting
- Leave the country.
In case you want to stay more in the UAE, or extend your visa, you can carry out the UAE visa fine check, and go to a typing center to pay it or pay it online. After that, you may proceed with the application for another type of visa, like a freelance visa or any other.
4. What should you do if you have overstayed?
Having overstayed in the UAE may happen to anyone. So, you have nothing to worry about. You have to carry out a UAE visit visa fine check online to learn how much you will have to pay. Then, you have to determine if you want to stay more in the UAE or if you prefer to leave.
4.1 I have overstayed in the UAE but I want to stay with another visa
Once you have carried out your UAE visit visa fine check, you need to decide the type of visa you want to apply for.
- Check the grace period you have after the expiration of your visa
- Apply for a change of status or a new visa
- Pay the overstay fine online and change of status
- Await for your new visa and approved the change of status
4.2 I have overstayed in the UAE but I want to leave the country
If you would like to leave the UAE, it is very simple, regardless if you have overstayed.
- Book your flight
- Arrive 4 hours before the airport
- Pay the fines at immigration
- Exit the country
“How can I check my visa fine in the UAE?” You can do it online and pay it online if you prefer.
5. How can you check your overstay fine in the UAE?
If you are on a visa in the UAE, you need to note when it will expire. Thus, if you do not know if you have overstayed or not, you may have to check an overstay fine in the UAE online to see if you have not violated the requirements of your visa.
Perhaps you have not checked the expiry date of your visa, but then one day you realize you have overstayed and you want to solve this situation. In this regard, you have to know how to check a visa fine in the UAE so you can pay it and change your status or leave the country.
5.1 How to check my overstay fine in the UAE?
Checking the overstay fine in the UAE is very simple. You do not even have to check it personally since you can do the UAE visa fine check online.
Here we have the steps you can follow so you know how to check visa fines in the UAE:
- Go to the GDRFA website if your visa was issued in Dubai, or to the ICP website if it was issued by another Emirate
- Fill out the required details
- Click on search
- The system will show if there are any fines levied on the visa
With all this information, now you know how to check an overstay fine in the UAE online. Thus, you can pay the fee and go along with your plans, whether it is staying or leaving.
6. What are the costs of overstaying in the UAE?
The overstay fine in the UAE has different costs depending it is a tourist or visit visa, or if it is a residence visa. However, individuals should do the over stay fine check in the UAE so they can determine how much they will have to pay.
Nevertheless, these are some of the expenses people incur when they overstay in the UAE and on a tourist and visit visa:
- First day: AED 200
- Each consecutive day: AED 100
- Service fees: AED 100
In the case of residents, if they overstay after the grace period they will have to pay the following fees:
- First day: AED 125
- Each subsequent day: AED 25
- Every subsequent day after 6 months of overstay: AED 50
- Each subsequent day after 1 year of overstay: AED 100
You can carry out an overstay fine check, and see the fee you will have to pay. This will clear out your doubts.
7. How can you avoid paying fines for overstaying?
Knowing how to check an overstay fine in Dubai online is a very helpful piece of information, but most important is knowing how to avoid incurring in this scenario. Here is what you can do:
- Check on the expiry date of your visa and the grace period you get after that
- Plan your return trip in advance
- Check with UAE Immigration when would be your last day in the country
- If you are on an employment visa, confirm with your employer the date of departure
- Learn about all the other types of visas you can apply to in case you want to change your status once your current visa expires
- Avoid leaving all the processes like status change or buying the flight ticket during your grace period. Planning is the key to avoiding overstay fines.
By being aware of your visa expiry date and grace period, you can avoid having to check an overstay fine in the UAE. Thus, you will always stay legal in the country without facing legal repercussions.
8. How can Connect Resources help you avoid issues like overstaying fines in the UAE?
Here at Connect Resources, we understand that dealing with overstay fine in the UAE is not easy. In fact, we advise expatriates to always stay up-to-date with the visa expiry and more to avoid having to check visa fines in the UAE.
For this reason, we offer our Visa Services to help workers and employers to deal better with such aspects. We can explain how to check an over stay fine in the UAE and help you pay it.
Moreover, our goal is to help companies thrive in the UAE with our comprehensive range of services. Learn more about us and receive a customized solution aimed to boost your business:
- Executive Search
- Professional Employer Organization
- HR Outsourcing
- IT Outsourcing
- Employer of Record
- Contract staffing services
- Recruitment services
- IT outsourcing
- Staff outsourcing
- HR consultancy
Do you need assistance with how to check a visit visa fine in the UAE? Our team of specialists can help you with this and more. Just contact us at +971 43 316 688 or send your questions like how to check an overstay fine online to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the other hand, if you want to apply for a job, you have to check thetalentpoint.com. This is the best platform for expatriates and residents that are looking for a job in the UAE. On The Talent Point, you find your dream job by registering in simple steps. If you would like to get additional assistance, send your CV to email@example.com.