If you desire to live and work in the UAE as a resident, you will need a suitable Residence Visa. However, regardless of the type of residence visa you get, it will expire after a couple of years. Therefore, you should know about the UAE residence visa renewal process so you can stay longer in the country.
In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about the UAE residence visa renewal in 2022. Here, we will provide accurate information about the documents and other requirements related to this particular visa process. Plus, you will be able to discover more details related to visa renewal procedures, including grace periods, penalties, and more. Let us observe:
- What is a UAE residence visa and why do you need it?
- What should you know about the UAE residence visa renewal process?
- How many requirements must applicants meet to renew their residence visas?
- What documents are mandatory for the residence visa renewal in the UAE?
- What are the most frequently asked questions regarding the visa renewal process?
- How can Connect Resources help you renew your UAE residence visa?
1. What is a UAE residence visa and why do you need it?
Those who desire to live and work in the UAE for a few years need to obtain a residence visa. With this type of visa, all foreigners/non-GCC nationals can stay in a UAE emirate and carry out their business activities. And this legal document is perfect for them whether they are entrepreneurs, investors, employees, or dependent family members/domestic staff.
And although the visa application process is quite simple, it is suggestible to work with a service agent or specialist. This way, they can handle the process on your behalf and ensure success in less time while complying with the rules.
2. What should you know about the UAE residence visa renewal process?
As you may know, your residence visa will only be valid for a couple of years before it expires. But if you desire to stay longer in the country, you must carry out the UAE residence visa renewal process.
On the other hand, you must also be aware of the grace period, renewal fees, requirements, and other elements. Having a clear idea of these details allows you to complete your process on time and without making mistakes. Below, you will find detailed information about them.
2.1. How much does the residence visa renewal process cost?
During the process to renew your visa, you will pay the required UAE residence visa renewal fees. And these fees may vary depending on several factors, including the emirate where you are located, and more. Plus, you should also remember that you have to pay fees for different concepts, including:
- Emirates ID application costs: AED 195 (1 year); AED 295 (2 years); AED 395 (3 years).
- Medical fitness exam: it usually costs around AED 250.
- Application fees: AED 50.
- Issuance fees: AED 100.
- ICP service fees: AED 50.
Once you meet all requirements and pay these fees, you will receive your renewed residence visa.
3. How many requirements must applicants meet to renew their residence visas?
In order to complete the UAE residence visa renewal process, you must meet certain requirements and submit the necessary documents. And, on one hand, you can find some basic requirements, which are the following:
- The sponsor must have a valid residency permit.
- For those above 18 years old, it will be necessary to pass a medical fitness test.
- Also, it is necessary to have a valid insurance card if you are located in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
- Lastly, you must have a renewed identity card, which must be issued by the ICP. Or you can also have an original receipt that you have registered with this authority to get a renewal.
Keep in mind that there might be additional requirements depending on the UAE location where you complete the process. For instance, the residence visa renewal in Dubai will require you to have a health insurance card or certificate.
4. What documents are mandatory for the residence visa renewal in the UAE?
On the other hand, you will also need to provide a number of documents before receiving your renewed residence visa. For example, the basic documents that you must provide during the process are the following:
- Your online application. Or it can also be an application through a registered typing office. This application is for the renewal of the residency permit, which must be signed by the sponsor.
- Also, the original passport and a photograph of the sponsored will be mandatory.
However, keep in mind that some additional documents may be necessary in some cases. Below, you will learn more about them.
4.1. Additional documents
In certain cases, it will be necessary to submit additional documents to complete the UAE residence visa renewal process. For example, if you are an employer working in the private sector, your sponsoring company must provide these additional documents:
- Firstly, a copy of a valid firm card and trade license.
- Then, a copy of the renewed labour card of the sponsored will be necessary.
- Lastly, it is mandatory to submit a copy of the labour card renewal receipt. However, this applies to those who have reached 60 years and above.
On the other hand, there is another common case in which the process requires additional documents. If you sponsor family members, more precisely, relatives of first and second-degree (spouses, children, parents, and siblings), you must submit the following:
- A copy of the husband’s or wife’s employment contract. In case they are investors, it will be necessary to provide a copy of their company contract instead.
- Also, a salary certificate from the employer will be required. And it must state the employee’s monthly salary.
- A legalized marriage certificate is also necessary in this case.
- Lastly, providing the latest utility bill is mandatory.
5. What are the most frequently asked questions regarding the visa renewal process?
Usually, applicants ask themselves many questions related to a process they are about to start. And it is vital to answer them all before actually starting any process because it ensures security and confidence. In the case of the UAE residence visa renewal procedure, these are the most common questions:
- Who is responsible for renewing residence visas in the UAE?
- How early can a visa holder renew their UAE residence visa?
- How long can someone stay in the country after their visa expires?
- What are the penalties for staying in the UAE after the grace period expired?
5.1. Who is responsible for renewing residence visas in the UAE?
When it comes to the UAE residence visa renewal process, the GDRFA is the authority in charge of it. The GDRFA or General Directorate of Residency and Foreigner’s Affairs provides individuals with the right services to renew this document.
In addition, this government entity offers services to renew the residence permit for the family members of the sponsor. It is worth mentioning that the sponsor must be working in the private sector or a free zone. To get further information about this, you can contact visa specialists or the GDRFA directly.
Apart from the UAE residence visa renewal, there are other documents that must be renewed once they expire. For example, for foreigners and ex-pats who work in the UAE, it is essential to renew work permits. But in these cases, the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE) is the authority in charge of the process.
5.2. How early can a visa holder renew their UAE residence visa?
If your visa expires, you will be granted a grace period to renew it. Therefore, you must carry out your residence visa renewal in Dubai or any other UAE location before that period expires.
Nonetheless, the pertinent authorities can make certain exceptions for those who need to renew their visas a couple of months earlier. Usually, it is for traveling reasons that some visa holders need to renew their residence visas as soon as possible.
And the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigner’s Affairs is the authority that grants special permission and approval in these cases. With this permission, you can renew your residency visa between 1 and 6 months earlier.
On the other hand, it is recommendable to learn about the requirements you must meet in order to get this permission. Otherwise, you will not be able to renew your visa months before it expires.
5.3. How long can someone stay in the country after their visa expires?
As you may know, the UAE residence visa only allows you to stay in the UAE for a determined period. And once it expires, you will have a grace of period to remain in the country. And you can use this grace period to either complete the UAE residence visa renewal process or leave the UAE.
However, you should know that the grace period is limited; it will only grant 30 days. And if you do not renew your visa or leave the country before it expires, you may face certain penalties. Therefore, make sure to carry out your residence visa renewal in the UAE during those 30 days.
5.4. What are the penalties for staying in the UAE after the grace period expired?
If a visa holder stays in the country even after their grace period expires, there will be penalties as consequences. And the UAE Immigration’s fines system is the one that establishes these penalties, which can vary. Depending on the number of days the individual stays on, the fine they will pay will vary.
As per the UAE regulations, these are the fines individuals must pay for staying after the expiration of their grace period:
- During the first 6 months (180 days) after the expiration of the grace period, they must pay AED 25 per day.
- For the next 6 months (180 days), the fine increases to AED 50 per day.
- If they stay in the country after a year has passed since the expiration of the grace period, they must pay AED 100 per day.
6. How can Connect Resources help you renew your UAE residence visa?
The UAE residence visa renewal procedure in 2022 requires you to follow a number of steps and submit certain documents. And in case you desire to complete this process efficiently, you should contact Connect Resources to get professional advice. Our visa specialists will provide you with all the information you need about this procedure, its requirements, and more.
On the other hand, employers in the UAE should also request visa and government services when working with international employees. This way, they can easily get work visas and permits that their employees require to work in the country legally. As a result, there will not be legal issues since Connect Resources always ensures full compliance and efficiency.
If you want to improve your business, you can request our HR services:
- Employment Visa Outsourcing services
- Employer of Record services (EOR)
- Recruitment agency services in Dubai
- Executive search services
- HR outsourcing services
- Payroll outsourcing services
- IT Outsourcing services
- Professional Employer Organization (PEO) services
Do you need to renew your UAE residence visa? Before starting this process, having a clear idea of the steps you need to complete is essential. And with Connect Resources by your side, our visa specialists will guide you throughout the entire process to ensure success. And you can talk to one of them by calling us at +971 43 316 688. In case you need more information about our services, make sure to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Furthermore, if you desire to get a job after renewing your visa, The Talent Point is your best ally. Make sure to visit thetalentpoint.com to discover a variety of job opportunities available across the UAE emirates. And by sending your CV to email@example.com, it will be easier to apply for a job and contact our recruiters to get more information.