Foreign individuals that would like to obtain a long-term residency wonder how to get golden visa UAE. The Golden Visa is one of the most desirable documents since it grants several benefits to its holder. Besides being able to live in the UAE, you can also get many advantages and even make Dubai or Abu Dhabi your home.
In this article, we are going to discuss all the benefits of UAE golden visa. Moreover, we will explain all the requirements, the process, and eligibility for the different categories. Let us observe:
- The Golden Visa UAE for a long-term residency
- Latest news and rules about the Golden Visa UAE
- Get many benefits and advantages with the Golden Visa UAE
- How to get golden visa UAE: step-by-step process
- See the requirements for the Golden Visa UAE
- Do you know the expanded categories for Golden Visa in Abu Dhabi
- How to get golden visa UAE and its cost
- What is the Golden Visa UAE validity?
1. The Golden Visa UAE for a long-term residency
What is golden visa uae? It is a long-term residency the UAE grants to individuals that are eligible within the categories established.
So, as you may know, the UAE has one of the most prominent economies in the Middle East. Also, it has a prosperous job market and it offers many incentives to investors that want to set up a business in the country.
For this reason, many foreign individuals want to reside in the UAE. Likewise, the UAE aims to attract high-quality professionals and top talent to continue boosting its economy.
With this in mind, the UAE introduced a new visa scheme that will allow applicants to obtain a 5-year or 10-year residency, which is the Golden Visa.
Nonetheless, it is aimed at certain categories of individuals.
2. Latest news and rules about the Golden Visa UAE
Concerning the Golden Visa, the most recent news is that the authorities have updated the costs. Thus, the applicant has to consider the expenses before starting the application process.
3. Get many benefits and advantages with the Golden Visa UAE
The Golden Visa grants several benefits to its holders. For instance, the main one is that individuals can work and reside in the UAE.
Let’s observe all the benefits you can get:
- Long-term visa, valid for 5 or 10 years depending on your eligibility and it is renewable.
- No need for a sponsor.
- You can stay outside the UAE as long as you want without having to worry about getting your visa nullified.
- Sponsor your spouse and children, and even your parents.
- Sponsor domestic helpers.
3.1 Golden visa holders in Abu Dhabi
If you are a golden visa holder and you are residing in Abu Dhabi, you can even get extra benefits.
You can obtain the following golden visa uae benefits in Abu Dhabi:
- Get discounts and offers on health care, cars, property, banking services, and hospitality.
- Discounts on selected properties.
- Real estate investors who hold a golden visa can get reduced mortgage fixed interest rates from banks. Likewise, non-real estate investors can also enjoy great rates on savings accounts.
- Reduced premium on health insurance.
- Get priority booking for new release of cars, as well as special payment facilities and more.
- Special offers for gyms, dining, and spa treatment.
3.2 Golden Visa holders in Dubai
If you have received your visa stamp in Dubai, you get specific benefits of golden visa UAE.
One of the most attractive ones is that those who hold a driving license in their home country can apply for a driving license without taking additional classes.
Additionally, some nationalities can automatically be eligible for a driving license, such as those from the UAE, Italy, Australia, Qatar, and others.
Also, students can get special discounts if they want to pursue higher education at any of the international universities in Dubai.
Lastly, those with a golden visa and residing in Dubai can obtain the Esaad privilege card. It is free of charge and allows individuals to get special discounts and deals on hotels, restaurants, cars, public services, health-related services and much more.
3.3 Get insurance coverage
Part of the benefits of golden visa is that individuals can apply for a comprehensive insurance plan.
Depending on specific factors like health, age and others, individuals can get coverage that ranges from AED 2,000 to AED 50,000.
4. How to get golden visa UAE: step-by-step process
If you want to know how to get golden visa UAE, here we have the step-by-step process:
4.1 Apply easily through ICA
- Access the ICP Smart Services portal.
- Click on “Golden Residency Services.”
- Under new application click on “start service.”
- Follow the indications and provide all of your information.
- Submit the documentation.
- Review the application to ensure everything is correct.
- Pay the fees.
Once you have applied, you can also check the visa status through ICA Smart Services.
4.2 Fast application through GDRFA
- Enter the GDRFA Website.
- Select the Golden Visa Service.
- Fill out the required information.
- Attach the documentation.
- Pay the fees.
Also, you can download the GDRFA App and follow the same steps. But first, you have to create a user account. And, you can also check the status of your GDRFA approval.
It is worth noting that it is essential to be aware of the updates and requirements for the GDRFA Approval.
5. See the requirements for the Golden Visa UAE
Since the golden visa is highly sought-after by many expatriates, it is important to check if you are eligible.
In this regard, there are several categories of eligibility for golden visa UAE:
5.1 How to get golden visa UAE for real estate investors
Real estate investors may apply for the golden visa if they comply with any of the following conditions:
- Own a property valued at no less than AED 2 million.
- Purchase a property on loan given by an eligible local bank.
- Purchase one or more off-plan properties or completed valued at no less than AED 2 million. But from an approved real estate company.
If you own one or more properties you can apply for a 5-year golden visa, as long as you comply with any of the following:
- Provide a letter stating the value of the property issued by the land department of the concerned emirate. It has to be valued at no less than AED 2 million.
- Purchase a property using a loan provided by an approved local bank.
On the other hand, you can also consider the requirements for a UAE Property Visa.
5.2 Public Investors’ Eligibility for the Golden Visa UAE
Here we have the eligibility criteria for investors for a 10-year visa. They have to comply with any of the following:
- Have an investment of AED 2 million and issue a letter from an investment fund in the UAE.
- Valid commercial license and MOA where the investor’s capital is no less than AED 2 million.
- Letter issued by the Federal Tax Authority stating a payment of no less than AED 250,000 per year.
5.3 Entrepreneurs and startup owners
The requirements for entrepreneurs and startup owners are the following:
- Have found an entrepreneurial project that was sold for no less than AED 7 million or,
- Have an economic project valued at no less than AED 500,000 with the approval from the authority stating it is a technical or future nature project and accredited business incubator.
5.4 How to get golden visa UAE for exceptional talents
Exceptional talents can get a 10-year golden visa if they belong to any of the following sectors:
- Digital technology.
- Law and others.
They have to submit an approval letter from the respective department. For instance, individuals from the culture and art sectors, need a letter from the Department of Culture and Arts.
5.5 The Golden Visa for Executives
- Accredited copy of university degree.
- Letter of experience (no less than 5 years in the same position).
- Salary certificate (no less than AED 50,000).
- Work contract.
5.6 Specialists in Engineering and Science
- Copy of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree duly certified by the Ministry of Education.
- Work contract.
5.7 Scientists Apply for the Golden Visa
- PhD or Master’s degree in life sciences, engineering, technology or natural sciences.
- Recommendation letter by the Emirates Scientist Council or have been awarded the Medal of Scientific Excellence.
5.8 How to get golden visa UAE for Students
Students can obtain a 10-year golden visa if:
- High-school student: Have a minimum grade of 95%.
- University student: A or B class-rated university, recommendation letter and a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.5 or 3.8 depending on the type of university. Also, not being more than 2 years of graduate.
5.9 Humanitarian Pioneers and the Golden Visa
- Employee or member of a humanitarian organization or civil organisation for no less than 5 years or,
- Have received an award from an organization for humanitarian work.
- Fund a humanitarian work valued at no less than AED 2 million.
5.10 Doctors and Nurses’ Eligibility
- Approval letter by the Ministry of Health.
5.11 Golden Visa for exceptional coders
- Have achieved success in several areas of coding.
- Work for a pioneer international tech firm.
- Have graduated from computer science, IT, engineering, data science, electrical engineering, big data, or AI.
6. Do you know the expanded categories for Golden Visa in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi authorities have announced that there are new eligible categories for those that want to obtain the golden visa benefits.
Here we have the newly added categories as well as their respective requirements:
- Specialists in industry and the 4th industrial revolution: recommendation letter issued by a competent local authority or the Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology.
- Senior scholars and clerics: recommendation letter issued by a competent local authority or the Ministry of Culture and Youth.
- Specialists in health fields: recommendation letter by the Abu Dhabi Department of Health or the Ministry of Health.
- Specialists in education: recommendation letter issued by the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge or the Ministry of Education.
Skilled professionals can also apply now, but as long as they comply with the following criteria:
- Be employed in the UAE with an employment contract.
- Hold a role listed in the classification scheme of the MoHRE.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Earn a monthly salary of AED 30,000 as minimum.
- Hold a professional license in the UAE if required.
- Provide the salary certificate.
7. How to get golden visa UAE and its cost
When you are considering applying for the golden visa UAE, you also have to take into account that there are several fees to pay:
- Entry permit fee.
- Issuance fee.
- Application fee.
- Smart Services fee.
- Electronic services fee.
Also, depending on the length of the visa, the price may be higher or lower. Moreover, you have to consider the renewal fee once the visa is near its expiration.
And, if you prefer to leave the UAE, you have to pay the visa cancellation fee to avoid facing penalties.
8. What is the Golden Visa UAE validity?
As we mentioned before, there are two different types of validities for the Golden Visa. So, depending on your category, you may be eligible for a 5-year or 10-year visa.
The good news is that regardless of its validity, you can still get outstanding UAE golden visa benefits.
If you want to get your residency in the UAE, you have to visit our blog. We have several guides that will help you succeed in the country such as everything about the Emirates ID biometrics centres or everything you should know about Tasheel 2023.