In the UAE, there is one force that controls companies and employees, the MOHRE. The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization is responsible for monitoring the workforce and regulating the hiring process in the UAE’s corporate and public sectors. This entity has been undertaking a number of steps in recent years to boost the country’s job market. And also give opportunities to nurture local talent.
In this article, you will learn all about MOHRE UAE, the services it provides, initiatives, and other processes. MOHRE is one of the most important entities in the region, therefore, learning about it can be beneficial. Knowing how to ask for information and make requests can ensure your protection while working in the region. Let us see more:
- Do you know what the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization is?
- Know about the services that MOHRE provides
- These are the responsibilities of the MOHRE in the UAE
- Learn about MOHRE initiatives
- Why is MOHRE essential in the region?
1. Do you know what the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization is?
Whether you are an expat resident or a local, you probably heard about what is MOHRE. However, we will remind you here.
The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization takes care of regulating employment processes and the workforce in the public and private sectors. Its name used to be just Ministry of Labor or MOL, up until February 9th 2016, when it changed to how we know it now.
This institution takes care of matters that relate to the Employment Law of the UAE and employment contracts.
Another significant characteristic of MOHRE is that it has undertaken a number of projects in recent years. This is done in order to improve and improve the employment market, which will assist the local economy.
Furthermore, the MOHRE has been highlighting various initiatives or programs that help local talent. This is due to the fact that many expatriates want to know how to obtain employment in Dubai, so they region to the country to work, displacing Emiratis.
The MOHRE Tawteen Program, often known as Emiratization, is one of the most visible. This allows locals aged 18 to 60 to find work in the private sector.
2. Know about the services that MOHRE provides
MOHRE implements a set of regulations and standards in order to provide excellent services to the UAE’s growing workforce. The following is a list of several of the services that MOHRE offers to both employers and employees.
2.1 These are the MOHRE services for employers
MOHRE provides several services to employers, enabling a simple procedure for effective personnel management. Among the employer enquiry services MOHRE are:
2.1.1 Work permit issuance
Employees working in the UAE obtain work licenses by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MOHRE). The company can apply for a fresh work permit by providing the following documents:
- A color portrait of the employee against a white background.
- Copy of the employee’s six-month passport.
- Letter of authorization from the appropriate authority.
- Academic documents authorized by the employee’s home country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- The permission is valid for 2 months after it is issued.
It is important to know that the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs recently published a new rule on work permits. Men sponsored by their spouses can now obtain a work permit in the Emirates under the new policy.
2.1.2 Reporting absconding domestic worker
If an employee leaves without alerting the employer, MOHRE gives the employer the authority to report the issue.
The employer needs to submit documentation such as:
- A copy of both the employer’s and the employee’s passports.
- Details on the worker’s residency and visa.
- A valid ID card from the workplace, either original or copy.
Except for Dubai, the system costs AED 418 in all emirates. Employers in Dubai can obtain this service from Amer centers or the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA).
2.1.3 Fee payments
Companies can also pay any fines imposed on workers through MOHRE. Employers must have the following items in order to pay a fine:
- A duplicate of the employer’s passport.
- An original, legitimate ID card issued by a GCC employer, resident, or investor.
- The employer’s original, legitimate ID card.
MOHRE also oversees other work-related tasks. For example, the Ministry:
- Changes or modifies the work permit.
- Cancels an active or inactive work permit.
- Inspection of working locations is available.
- Data on the recruiting process updates.
- Trains job searchers after they receive their job seeker visa.
- Issues or cancels PRO cards, brokerage agency licenses, or temporary recruitment licenses.
- Quotas are available for firms with 50 or more employees.
- Conducts routine inspections.
When looking to acquire these services, employers can call the MOHRE toll free number, access the MOHRE app, or go to the MOHRE Abu Dhabi website.
2.2 MOHRE employee services
MOHRE, in addition to meeting the demands of businesses, also meets the needs of UAE employees.
2.1.1 Obtain and renew the Absher Card
A discount card called the Absher Card is provided to UAE nationals employed in the country’s private sector. To obtain an Absher card you must:
- Be an Emirati.
- Own a registered worker’s card.
- Experience working for at least one month in one place of business.
- Be registered with the Abu Dhabi Pensions and Retirement Fund or the General Authority for Pensions and Social Security.
- Possess documentation of at least three pay transfers made under the Wages Protection System (WPS).
MOHRE provides the card within Seven working days of receiving your application. When the card expires, MOHRE renews it in the system automatically without requiring another application. Call the MOHRE hotline and start your process as soon as possible!
2.1.2 Resolving payment issue
MOHRE requests the following information when filing a complaint about salary-related matters:
- Employees of the company.
- Comprehensive establishment report.
- Reports from earlier inspections.
- Plan of the establishment’s location.
- A duplicate of the grievance
- Report on wages paid by the Wages Protection System (WPS).
Salary disputes are typically resolved by MOHRE in three working days after calling the MOHRE helpline.
2.1.3 Liquidation under bank guarantee
This particular service aids workers in receiving money on the beneficiary’s behalf.
To receive this service, staff members must possess:
- Liquidation order from the court.
- The legal team has drafted a settlement agreement to terminate the employer’s guarantee and approval.
You must take the actions here below in order to start the service:
- Bring the court document containing the bank guarantee in favor of the labor to the Labour Relations Section.
- The bank guarantee will be necessary depending on the employer’s discretion in the absence of a judicial order.
In 3 working days, the worker will receive the necessary results.
2.1.4 Aftercare for workplace injuries and accidents
Additionally, MOHRE makes sure that workers receive insurance from their separate companies in the event of any workplace dangers. In order to use this amenity, personnel must provide:
- Ministry of Labour contract.
- The medical report from Abu Dhabi’s Health Authority that calculates the percentage of disability.
Such requests receive a response within 5 business days.
Additionally, MOHRE conducts workplace inspections, responds to queries, and looks into complaints. MOHRE complaints must start by both employers and employees; they can both call the MOHRE contact number.
3. These are the responsibilities of the MOHRE in the UAE
The MOHRE is an extremely significant government organization that supports both companies and employees in the UAE.
If there is a problem, like a company delaying the cancellation of a visa, or if you have a question regarding your contract, you can get help by calling the labour office Dubai contact number.
As a result, the MOHRE has involvement in all aspects of employment. Additionally, it is crucial to make sure that everyone in the business partnership complies with the laws and labor standards.
Moreover, it enables both employers and employees to request any service from the ministry of labor as well as conduct any inquiry. As a result, it is a resource that many people find useful.
The MOHRE can assist you with any employment-related issues in the nation; which is especially helpful if you are an overseas worker.
In this regard, you can request assistance from MOHRE if your company is handling you unfairly or if it is not abiding by the basics of hiring remote developers.
Similarly, you can get assistance from MOHRE if you are an employer who wants to understand more about laws, such as the recent laws about annual, maternity, and sick leaves.
4. Learn about the MOHRE trademarks
MOHRE’s main function is to help companies and workers. Therefore, here are some of the MOHRE trademarks they have been creating that provide further comprehensive assistance:
TWAFOUQ: Employers and employees can communicate with one another through TWAFOUQ. By responding to legal questions and examining the validity of their disputes, it settles the labour complaints between the two parties. The fast-track MOHRE resolution center, which has locations around the UAE, resolves labor disputes in 10 working days.
TASHEEL: MOHRE’s Tasheel is an online platform designed to make payments and transactional procedures simpler for both businesses and employees. Employers can execute a number of procedures through the system supported by the government; including the application for a work permit and labor card, the submission of any necessary documentation, and the termination of the contract of employment.
TAQYEEM: Taqyeem works to improve labor market sustainability in the UAE. It facilitates registration of laborers in the labor camp system and gives information on subcontracts, the status of commercial trade licenses, and their validity. In the nation, Taqyeem helps the work of around 35,000 people.
TAWSEEL: Tawseel is a network of mobile and cutting-edge service centers that serve to persons who frequently cannot visit government centers due to professional or personal commitments.
TAWJEEH: This is a service center that safeguards the rights of both workers and employers, Tawjeeh is a service center. Through the organization of training sessions and the distribution of pamphlets and flyers, it provides information on the UAE labor law and its prerequisites.
TADBEER: Tadbeer is a convenient, open-book, and centralized system for hiring domestic help in the UAE. The service center balances protecting the rights of its employees with maintaining the security of the houses that employ them.
5. Here are MOHRE contact details
You should always have the MOHRE UAE contact number on hand, regardless of whether you are an employer or an employee.
- Email address: email@example.com
- MOHRE number: +970-680-27666
- MOHRE helpline:
- Social media: @MOHREUAE
In addition, you can visit them at their offices:
- Dubai: 62 Doha Road. From 07:30 a.m. to 02:30 p.m.
- Abu Dhabi: Sultan Bin Zayed the 1st St. From 07:30 a.m. to 02:30 p.m.
Hopefully, you resolved your queries about what does MOHRE do in the United Arab Emirates. If you want to learn more about this and other topics, you can do so by going to our news section. There, you can learn about MOHRE eservice login visa check for your employment visa and more.