If you have requested a transfer of your sponsorship, it is important to check your status before starting your new job. Thus, you must know how to check Iqama transfer status so you can avoid any issues.
In this article, you are going to see how to check Iqama transfer status using several methods. Furthermore, you are going to understand why it is essential to check it before you start working for your new employer. Let us observe:
- What is the Iqama transfer status?
- Ensure you can legally work for your new employer
- See how to check Iqama transfer through MOL
- Check Iqama transfer status easily through Absher
- Use the Qiwa platform to do the Iqama transfer status check
- Understanding how to check Kafeel name using Mudad
- Check naqal kafala in a few steps through MOFA
1. What is the Iqama transfer status?
As an expatriate in Saudi Arabia, you need to have a valid KSA residence permit to stay legally in the country, as well as a valid visa.
So, if you are under an employment visa, also known as Work Visa, your employer is your sponsor.
This means that you are allowed to stay in the country for the period established in the Iqama and visa. Thus, you have to renew both documents if you plan to continue working for your same employer and residing in the Kingdom.
However, if you would like to switch jobs, you have to ensure you follow the proper process so you can avoid any troubles.
For example, if you are under a fixed-term contract and it reaches its end term, you may submit a contract non-renewal letter, and comply with the notice period.
After that, your new employer will have to proceed with the transfer. Thus, your new employer would be requesting a transfer of sponsorship from your former employer.
So, as you can see, the Iqama transfer status is simply checking if your new employer is your new sponsor.
Therefore, if you are currently searching for a job in KSA, but are currently employed, you must know that you have to go through this process before you can start working for your new employer.
In this regard, you must know how to check transfer status so you can switch jobs without issues and easily.
2. Ensure you can legally work for your new employer
Perhaps you are wondering why you need to know how to check Iqama transfer status. If you decide to switch jobs, both you and your employer need to comply with the law.
The process of changing sponsorship is very complex, so every party involved must follow the established regulations.
For example, you must have been working for your current employer for a year before being able to request a transfer. Also, your new employer has to comply with the eligibility rules for being able to become your new sponsor.
So, once your new employer has applied for sponsorship change, you have to check transfer status before you start working for the new company.
As an employer, you also have to be aware your employee has received approval for a change of sponsorship.
If your worker starts working for another employer you may face a fine and even jail for not following the rules.
Also, once you have checked your sponsorship transfer, you have to be aware of when it is time to renew your KSA residence permit (Iqama). And, make sure to check your visa validity in KSA using Muqeem so you can have all of your documentation in order.
3. See how to check Iqama transfer through MOL
If you want to know how to check Iqama transfer status, it is worth noting that there are several methods you can follow.
Therefore, you can check the Iqama transfer request validity easily by using any of the available platforms.
One of them is by entering the Ministry of Labour website and following the next steps:
- Go to the Ministry of Labour E-Services Portal for Labour and log in.
- The website is in Arabic and there is no English version. So, it is advisable to use a translator or request assistance from somebody that speaks Arabic. But, do not worry, the page is very intuitive.
- On the first dropdown menu, select the fourth option from the top, which is “transfer of expatriate worker service”
- Then, you will see new options, one above the other. Choose the below option since that is for checking with your Iqama number
- Enter your Iqama number on the field at the left of the option selected
- Enter the verification code and click on the green button
The messages shown will be in Arabic, but you can translate the page into English.
3.1 Get to know the messages you may see after checking the transfer status
Once you have checked your transfer status, you may see any of the following messages:
- No request for Iqama transfer: this means that the request for a change of sponsorship has not been initiated in the system. So, it is good to request your employer to carry out the process.
- Iqama transfer request under study: this message means that the new employer has placed the request but the current employer has not approved it yet. Keep in mind that the validity is for 90 days. So, make sure to request your current employer to approve it timely.
- Approved by MOL/Pending MOI: the MOL has approved your transfer, but you still have to wait until the Ministry of Interior approves. This message may appear because you have not paid the fee or because your new employer has to attend Jawazat to finish the process.
- Iqama has transferred: your change of sponsorship has been approved and you can see the name of your new sponsor.
It is also good to point out that you can also check the red-green status of your residence permit through the MOL website.
4. Check iqama transfer status easily through Absher
Another website you can use to know how to check iqama transfer status is Absher. However, you can only check it through this site if the transfer is completed at the MOL.
Follow the next steps to check it:
- Go to the Absher website
- Login to your account
- Under “My Account” click on “Dashboard”
- On the left side of the screen, you will see your information, such as full name, birth date, and others. Click on the link “More details” located below the information
After that, the next page will show you your detailed information. At the bottom of the page, you will see your sponsor’s name.
If the transfer has been completed, you will be able to see your new sponsor’s name in this section. However, if it is not completed, you will continue seeing your former sponsor’s name.
5. Use the Qiwa platform to do the iqama transfer status check
If you want to know how to check iqama transfer status, you should know that you can enter the Qiwa platform to do it. But, make sure to register on the QIWA before:
- Log in to your Qiwa account
- Click on “Individual account”
You will see your basic information such as ID number, gender, and nationality. And, you can also see your current employer’s name.
So, if the transfer has been completed, your new employer’s name will have to appear here.
6. Understanding how to check Kafeel name using Mudad
You can check Kafeel name using Mudad as another method for how to check iqama transfer status.
In case you do not know, Kafeel means sponsor. So, by checking the Kafeel name you can see if your new employer is now your current sponsor.
But, it is important to do the Mudad login & registration before.
To check it you have to follow the next steps:
- Go to the Mudad portal
- Select “Compliance System”
- Log in to your account
After checking, you will see the establishments associated with your ID. Under this information, you can check your Kafeel name next to the icon of an establishment.
7. Check naqal kafala in a few steps through MOFA
As you may already know, you can get several services from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA). For example, you can check your visa status through MOFA or check your family visit visa online through MOFA.
So, one of the methods you can use to check your transfer status is through MOFA. In this case, the nakal kafala check, which is the transfer of sponsorship, is very easy to do. But, make sure to activate the Nafath app.
Here is how to check iqama transfer status with naqal kafala check:
- Go to the MOFA Visa portal.
- Select “Individuals Login” and click on “Login.”
- Enter your Iqama number.
- Open your Nafath App and click on the sign-in approval.
- Click on “Family Visit Visa Application for Residents” and click on “Apply.”
- On the next screen, you will see the name of your employer. If it is the new employer’s name, the Naqal Kafala was approved.
Residing in Saudi Arabia can be a great opportunity to boost your quality of life, but it also can be challenging. For this reason, we invite you to visit our blog where you can learn about how to check visa status online or the working hours during Ramadan.