If you are an expatriate residing in Saudi Arabia, you may want to bring your family to the Kingdom. This is possible with the MOFA family visit visa. With this document, your relatives may visit you for a period and you can both enjoy together all the benefits of KSA.
In this article, you are going to learn how to apply visit visa in Saudi Arabia. Furthermore, we have all the details about the requirements, eligibility, and application process. Let us observe:
- Do you know what the MOFA family visit visa is?
- See the requirements for the family visit visa Saudi Arabia
- Are your relatives eligible for a MOFA family visit visa?
- Here we have the complete application process for the Saudi family visit visa
- What is the processing time for the MOFA family visit visa?
- MOFA family visit visa extension easily
- Do you know the cost of a family visit visa KSA?
- Understanding how to check the visit visa status MOFA
1. Do you know what the MOFA family visit visa is?
As a foreign professional, you may have been looking for job opportunities in prosperous countries. Given that Saudi Arabia is a very popular destination for expatriates due to its labour market and thriving companies, you may have applied for a job or logged in at QIWA and landed it.
Thus, your employer provided you with a labour contract and you got your Iqama, and this granted you the possibility to reside in the Kingdom while working.
However, you may have left your family in your home country, and you would like to see them. The good news is that your relatives can travel to the Kingdom by applying for a family visit visa.
Therefore, a family visa is a document issued by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs, most commonly known as MOFA. With this document, your first-degree relatives, meaning, your wife, children, and parents, can visit you in KSA for a period.
2. See the requirements for the family visit visa Saudi Arabia
Before starting the visa application, it is important to know the requirements so you can be sure you can apply.
In this regard, only if you comply with the following requirements you can sponsor your family:
- Being a legal citizen or resident of Saudi Arabia.
- Hold an Iqama that is valid for at least 4 months.
By meeting these requirements, you can start the application process for your family visa. Also, it is worth noting that your Iqama dependents cannot apply for the visa by themselves.
2.1 Documents needed for the family visit visa
Once you decide to initiate the process, you have to gather the following documentation:
- Copy of sponsor’s passport.
- Applicant’s passport (valid for at least 6 months).
- Copy of sponsor’s Iqama.
- 4 passport-size photos.
- Applicant’s national ID card.
- Marriage certificate (for sponsoring your spouse).
3. Are your relatives eligible for a MOFA family visit visa?
The family can be obtained only for the following relatives:
- Spouse (wife/husband).
However, if you have a good Iqama profession status, you may get approval for sponsoring the following relatives:
- Brother, his wife and his children.
- Sister, her husband and children.
If you do not know your Iqama profession, you can check your Iqama status easily. This will help you determine if you can sponsor more relatives.
4. Here we have the complete application process for the Saudi family visit visa
We understand that applying for a family visit visa KSA may be overwhelming. For this reason, it is important to follow a step-by-step process that allows you to not make any errors.
You have to do the following:
- Go to the MOFA Visa Platform.
- Click on the “Services for Citizens and Residents” icon.
- Select any of the three options between “Citizen”, “GCC Citizen” or “Resident” depending on your status.
- Look for the “Family Visit Visa Application” option and click on “Apply.”
- After that, you have to log in to the platform using a national single sign-on or unified national visa platform account.
- Once you have logged in you have to click again on the “Apply” button under “Family Visit Visa Application.”
- You will see your personal information and the application form, which you will have to fill.
- Under the “Visit Objectives” column, type “Family Visit Only.”
- Provide your “Entry Visa Number” stamped on top of your passport if you have visited KSA before. If this is your first-time visit leave it blank.
- Under the “Wanted to Visit” column you have to click on “add.”
- Here you have to provide all personal information about the applicant, such as first name, birthplace, occupation, etc.
- Provide the applicant’s passport information and visa information.
- Check the information provided and modify it if needed it.
- Click on “add” again if you would like to add more applicants.
- Click on “Agreement approval” and then on “save.”
- After that, MOFA will generate an Order Number, and you will see the application form on the screen.
- Once completed, click on “Print” to directly print the application form.
4.1 Get approval from the Chamber of Commerce
After you have printed out the application form, you have to take it to your sponsor to sign and stamp it. As an employee of a private sector company, your sponsor is your employer.
If you are an employee of the public sector, your application has to be approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
4.2 Obtain a final approval
After submission to the COC, you have to check the status of the application to see if you have obtained approval.
If it has been approved, you will see the following changes:
- Instead of “Request a family visa” you will see “Visa document.”
- Instead of “Order’s number” you will see “Visa document number.”
Then, you have to save the document and send it to your family so they can proceed with the stamping.
4.3 Submission to the embassy
Lastly, once your family member has received the scanned copy, they can submit it to the Saudi Embassy or Saudi Consulate in their country.
5. What is the processing time for the MOFA family visit visa?
As you can see, the process to obtain a family visa is not as complicated. So, the processing time may take generally between 4 to 5 days.
Nonetheless, you have to take into account that your employer needs to apply for approval from the COC. Also, there may be a high volume of applications. Thus, all these factors may cause delays.
6. MOFA family visit visa extension easily
When it comes to visit visa extensions, you need to follow the rules for extending your stay in the Kingdom.
All single and multi-entry visit permits are valid for 90 days. And, they can be extended twice. Thus, individuals can stay in the Kingdom for up to 270 days.
In the case of family visas, a single entry is valid for 30 days and can be extended more than once but for a total maximum duration of 180 days. Multi-entry family visas are valid for 90 days and allow a maximum of 4 re-entries.
Also, it is worth noting that for multiple-entry family visit visas, holders have to exit the country before they can proceed with the extension. In this case, they may apply for any of the on-arrival permits, and continue with the application.
Lastly, to obtain the visit visa extension it is necessary to have medical insurance covering the duration of the stay.
7. Do you know the cost of a family visit visa KSA?
To obtain the family visa is necessary to pay the application fee. For both single and multiple-entry family visas, the fee is SAR 200.
And, the extension fee is SAR 100. Also, if you renew your family visa after three days of expiry, you have to pay an additional fee of SAR 500.
8. Understanding how to check the visit visa status MOFA
Once you have submitted your application form for the family visa, you can check its status. It is important to write down the application number since this will help you later check it.
You can check the visit visa status KSA easily by following the next steps:
- Go to the MOFA Visa Platform.
- On the Query Tab located at the right select “Application number” under “Inquiry type.”
- Enter the application number.
- Provide your ID number.
- Enter the captcha.
- Click on “Search.”
Once you have checked the status, you may see any of the following scenarios:
- Not submitted to the COC: your employer has not yet attested to your application.
- Submitted to the COC: your employer has submitted your application. You can see the name of the COC where it was submitted.
- Visit Visa Approved: you can download and send the PDF document to your family member to process the visa in their home country.
- Application under process: you have to wait until it gets approved.
- No results found: you may have entered the wrong data.
- Visit visa rejected: Your family visa was rejected. Perhaps it was due to insufficient Iqama validity, wrong filled application, or others.
By residing in Saudi Arabia, you can improve your quality of life. If you want to get more resources for succeeding in this country, you have to visit our blog. You can learn how to do the Mudad KSA login & registration or everything about the Muqeem visa validity.