Living in the UAE is a dream for people around the world, since this country offer a great quality of life. But to achieve it, it’s necessary to find a job that allows you to gain what you need to live there. For this reason, many foreigners consider working without work permit in UAE but this is a huge mistake.
You should know that there’s a penalty for working on a tourist visa in UAE, and you could face severe consequences if the UAE Authorities found out you’re doing this.
In this article, we’re going to learn what could happen if you decide to work in the UAE without having a work permit. In addition, you’re going to learn why it’s best to follow the legal steps to get your documents to work and live in the UAE. Let’s observe:
- What you should keep in mind while working without Work Permit in UAE?
- Can you work in the UAE with a tourist visa?
- Can you search for a job on a tourist visa?
- Which requirements does an employee need to work in the UAE?
- What are the implications of hiring non UAE nationals that don’t have a work permit?
- What are the implications for the employee who is working illegally?
- How can you get your work permit and residence visa?
- How can Connect Resources help you obtain your work permit in the UAE?
1. What you should keep in mind while working without Work Permit in UAE?
Since the UAE is a top destination for people around the world, many look for ways of coming to this country so they can have a permanent residence here. However, it may not be easy to find a job in the UAE if you’re abroad, so you may opt for getting the tourist visa so you can start searching once you get to the country.
Once you’re in the UAE, you may start looking for a job and chances are you may find one. Now, here is where you may face a challenge, because the employer may request you to work without having the mandatory work permit and visa.
You may think that working without work permit in UAE is allowed, but it’s actually a problem that the UAE authorities are trying to solve and Get to know how to carry out global mobility in Abu Dhabi.
1.1 Why is illegal to work in the UAE without a work permit?
Working without contract UAE or without a work permit may be a big issue for you, for your employer and even for the employees that are responsible for the management of said organization.
In the UAE there are strict regulations regarding foreign employees, and everyone involved in this kind of illegal activity must face legal consequences.
It’s illegal to work in the UAE without a work permit because this country has a legislation governing immigration and residence within the UAE, and if you or your employer doesn’t follow the law you can be subject to penalties and more and Get Visa and Government services here.
2. Can you work in the UAE with a tourist visa?
The UAE is a top place for job seekers that come from different countries around the world. It offers several opportunities, a modern lifestyle, advanced technology and a fast-growing economy.
In addition, it offers a tax-free salary, which is great for employees and employers alike. However, it’s important to know that the UAE has established several rules regarding foreigners that want to find a job in this place.
Since it’s a place that receives thousands of tourists and visitors, it’s common that many of them want to stay once they get to know the place more. However, working without work permit in UAE is illegal, and you should avoid doing this.
Please keep in mind that there’s a penalty for working on a tourist visa in UAE, so you better stay in compliance with the law if you want to avoid any troubles. Learn more about how to take your business to the digital marketplace.
3. Can you search for a job on a tourist visa?
Since working without work permit in UAE it’s not allowed, you may be wondering what you should do.
Some countries don’t allow foreigners to look for jobs at all when they’re on a visit visa, but if you’re on a tourist visa in the UAE, you can search for jobs. This is great because this way you’re able to travel to the UAE and accustom yourself to the culture, as well as you can understand more about the business environment.
Once you’ve secured a job and you’ve learned more about what to expect while living in the UAE, you must convert your visa status.
3.1 When do you need to change your visa status?
When you get a job in the UAE while you’re on a tourist visa it’s necessary to carry out the visa status change. It’s important to point out that you’re only allowed to work legally in the UAE if you have your work permit.
There’s a punishment for working on tourist visa both for the employee and the employer, so it’s best to get all your documents before reporting to work.
Your employer is responsible to process everything you need to start working, and it also should pay for your travel and recruitment costs.
If you start to work you without getting your legal documents, you may get a penalty for working without work permit in UAE.
For More Details About PEO go Here:- See if your business is ready to work with a PEO.
3.2 Why an employer requests you t work while on a tourist visa?
Your employer may want you to work right away, and it may request you to start while you’re on your tourist visa. This is because they don’t want to waste time. You have to make sure your employer is carrying out the work permit process for you before you report to work.
Keep in mind that some employers do this to exploit their employees, especially when it comes to foreigners because there’s not enough knowledge about the UAE employment rules.
4. Which requirements does an employee need to work in the UAE?
Since working without work permit in UAE is not acceptable, you need to know which requirements are necessary for getting the legal documents you need.
Essentially, you need the following to work in the UAE:
- A job by an approved and licensed company
- An entry permit (if you’re abroad)
- Work permit (labor card)
- Residence visa
4.1 Getting a job
Obviously the first requirement you must comply is getting a job. Your employer must offer you an employment contract since it’s a mandatory document for starting the work permit process.
Consider the following recommendations when finding a job in the UAE:
- Get the job offer and other documents related with your employment
- Sign the labor contract only if it matches your job offer and with the terms and conditions
4.2 Visa and passport
You need to have a valid passport and if you enter the UAE with tourist visa, makes sure your employer carries out the process for visa status change.
If you’re abroad, you must receive an entry permit, and once you enter the country, you can process your UAE working permit and residence visa.
If you’d like to avoid a punishment for working on tourist visa you must have experts to help you with immigration. Here in Connect Resources we have specialists that are readily available to assist you.
Connect Resources firm services lies in the consulting talent sourcing, which is done with a mixture of UAE and global sourcing abilities to source the best professionals to deliver the project requirements. That’s why you need us!Contact the HR consultancy in dubai experts of Connect Resources.
5. What are the implications of hiring non UAE nationals that don’t have a work permit?
When you’re on a tourist visa and you find a job, you may feel tempted to start right away. However, you should know that the employer may face repercussions if an employee is working without work permit in UAE.
Let’s observe the following implications for the employer:
- 000 AED fine per illegal employee
- If the employer hires offshore employees, it may receive an additional fine by the Free Zone Authority in which they work
- If the employer continues to incur in illegal working, the Court can double the fines that had been issued previously
- There may be also criminal proceedings if the employer has received a warning and continues the illegal working
- If the company’s owner is an expatriate, he or she may be deported and banned from entering the UAE
- If the company’s owner is an UAE national, he or she may be jailed for six months
For more Details:- Discover how to boost your remote hiring strategy with outsourcing
6. What are the implications for the employee who is working illegally?
There are severe implications for employees working without work permit in UAE. However, it will depend if you have entered the country with a tourist visa or illegally.
As an employee, you may face the following penalties for working without work permit:
- If you entered the UAE illegally, you may be imprisoned for a month and you may receive a fine of 10.000 Dirham. In addition, the Court may impose a labor ban and/or order deportation
- If you entered the country legally, but you’re working illegally, you may get a fine and deported. In addition, if the Court determines, you may face imprisonment.
It’s important to know that Working without contract UAE is also dangerous for you. You may not receive the total payment or the benefits you were offered. And without a contract you’re not able to claim and Find out how to have a successful payroll implementation.
7. How can you get your work permit and residence visa?
Working without work permit in UAE is an illegal activity. Therefore, you must know how to obtain the legal documents you need to work.
Here we have the steps your employer has to go through to get you the residence visa:
- Your employer makes the job offer, and if you accept, you should get a labor contract
- The employer is responsible of paying for your travel and recruitment costs
- You receive an entry permit and you’re allowed to enter the UAE
- Once in the UAE, you’re able to continue the process to get the work permit and residence visa
- You need to undergo a medical examination and pass
- Finally, you get the Emirates ID, residence visa and labor card (work permit)
If you’re on a tourist visa and you get the job, your employer should carry out the change of your visa status. Make sure they do it before starting the job.
Keep in mind that many know How to report illegal workers in Dubai. So, if you don’t want to get caught doing something illicit, it’s better to follow the best way and get your legal documents and Here you can learn more about the employee handbook.
8. How can Connect Resources help you obtain your work permit in the UAE?
Once you know all the consequences of working without work permit in UAE you have to get the necessary legal documents to be an employee in this country. Here in Connect Resources we can help you achieve your goals of working and living in the UAE.
We have a team of legal experts that are up-to-date with the latest regulations. We can help you even with the New employment visa rules in UAE 2021. Therefore, you can be sure that we can guarantee compliance with the law.
Whether you’re an employee or an employer wondering Is UAE issuing employment visa now? We can help you with any activity related to this matter.
Would you like to contact Connect Resources for Visa services? You can call at +971 433 166 88 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you’ll talk to one of their representatives that will gladly answer all of your questions