Payroll processing and administration has always been a big headache for many businesses. For this reason, many organizations look for a payroll system or provider. But, they don’t know the steps for payroll implementation and how to achieve an excellent result.
In this article, you’re going to learn the fundamentals of implementation planning so you can have a great payroll solution. In addition, you can gain some understanding on how a service provider can help you implement a thriving process for your multinational management. Let’s observe:
- The complete guide for a successful payroll implementation
- Why should you analyze and document your payroll processes?
- How can you begin the search for a service provider?
- Which aspects of the target country’s payroll procedure should you know?
- Why should you define a goal?
- Why do you need to gather your data and necessary documents?
- How can you ensure a smooth integration of your payment solution?
- How can Connect Resources help you with payroll implementation?
1. The complete guide for a successful payroll implementation
Processing the payroll for your international workforce could be a big challenge for your business. In fact, the payroll department is one of the most difficult to handle since it’s complicated to adopt systems that works and that give great results.
As a business owner, you must focus on your payroll administration if you want to have smooth operations and ensure your workforce gives its best performance. And, if you own a multinational corporation, you must ensure your global payroll works excellently to promote your business’ growth.
For this reason, it’s important to simplify your payroll. You could look for a solution that fits your needs and partner with a third-party to ensure compliance and good operations.
Get the best assistance with your HR department with our HR Consultancy Service
1.1 Why should you learn about payroll implementation?
Whether you’re planning on implementing a new payroll system or your current one doesn’t work, you definitely have to learn about payroll implementation.
Some of the reasons why you need to know more about this are the following:
- Prevent unforeseen errors
- Ensure your payments aren’t incorrect or late
- Avoid bad consequences of a wrong payroll administration
- Streamline and unify your global payroll
- Get all of the benefits of a smooth payroll processing
- Have a great tracking of your payroll thus having a clear understanding of your spending
2. Why should you analyze and document your payroll processes?
Learning about the key areas for a successful payroll implementation could take your business to a whole new level. You should know that the process starts way before selecting a partner or choosing a system.
The first thing you need to do is analyzing and documenting your processes so you can understand your needs in your payroll department. If you don’t know the areas in which you lack expertise, you’re not going to get an excellent result with any system or provider you choose.
You should ask what your internal needs are in terms of a new payroll system. Once you have this figured out, you can start looking for a partner that provides you the solution you expect.
2.1 How can you analyze your current payroll administration?
Begin by documenting your process and knowing which steps or stages you currently have. From beginning to end, you should define the full scope of your current process.
This may look like a complicated task, but you don’t have to worry. It’s easier than you may think. You just have to consider the following aspects:
- Determine the different employee classifications you currently have
- Establish you pay frequencies
- Define your benefits deductions
- Check if you have updated payroll policies (paid and unpaid leave, commissions, etc.)
Once you have evaluated your current processes, the goal is to check if there’s something you can optimize or if you need help in any step.
2.2 How can you assess your internal needs?
After evaluating and assessing your internal needs, the next step is to consider what you need from a service provider. To know this, you must ask yourself the following questions:
- What do you want to accomplish with this new payroll system?
- Do you want to upgrade your payroll processing?
- Are you struggling with your current payroll?
- Do you understand your target country’s payroll regulations?
- Are you having troubles with making an appropriate offer to your prospects?
You must be aware of your internal needs and you should look for a partner that can help you with them.
Gain more understanding about how to relocate your employees to Abu Dhabi.
3. How can you begin the search for a service provider?
Once you know your needs in terms of your payroll process, you have to look for a service provider that can give you a proper solution. The next step in your payroll implementation should be connecting with local partners to consider which one of them could assist you.
If you’re planning an expansion you have to implement a global payroll, but before this you must get all the information about the employment law of your target country.
As you may know, in the UAE there are several regulations and you should comply with them. Keep in mind that although they’re not mandatory in your home country, you should offer them to your international employees.
3.1 How to look for a trustworthy service provider?
Since you want to ensure smooth operations in your payroll department, you must have a partner that has enough expertise in your target countries. Some of the aspects you have to look for in a service provider are the following:
- It has presence in your target countries thus provides local experts
- Provides reliable and accurate information regarding the payroll regulations
- It has sufficient knowledge about the local markets and cultures
- Provides assistance with employment contracts to ensure compliance
- Offers commitment to your onboarding process
- It has a legal team that covers the legal aspects
- It has a good reputation among companies of your same industry
Hire high-level remote developers by following these steps.
4. Which aspects of the target country’s payroll procedure should you know?
Although having a local partner can help you with a successful payroll implementation, it’s important for you to learn everything you can about your target country. By knowing this you could ask the right questions to the service provider and you can be sure you select the perfect one for you.
Keep in mind that every country has its own employment laws and regulations. Therefore, if you’re planning on having a multinational workforce, you must comply with the payroll rules.
Some of the payroll aspects you have to learn if you work in different countries simultaneously are the following:
- Standard working hours and workdays
- Annual vacation days
- Mandatory benefits
- Additional benefits that are non-mandatory
- Taxable items
- Payroll documents and reports
- Social security
- Medical and life insurance
With a local partner like Connect Resources, you can be sure that this process will be as easy as possible. We will ensure you can understand the regulations as well as we provide total compliance.
Attract top talent to your business with these outstanding strategies.
5. Why should you define a goal?
A crucial step of your payroll implementation is defining a plan and establishing a timeline with goals. For this reason, you should consider a project road map. This allows you to ensure a better collaboration with your service provider.
Some of the aspects you have to consider in this matter are the following:
- Define if you want to implement additional modules such as recruiting and onboarding
- Ask which elements are the most important for your payroll
- Agree a timeline with the service provider
- Delegate the payroll management to a dedicated team to lead the implementation
- Provide training to all the employees involved in the implementation
- Ask your payroll manager to ensure gathering the proper documentation
- Assign the necessary tasks to team members so they can ensure a smooth implementation
- Document your processes so your employees know what to expect
By having a clear goal and a set timeline to begin with the implementation, everyone involved will give their best performance to ensure a great integration. For this reason, Connect Resources could be your best ally.
Ensure a smooth payroll administration with our Payroll Outsourcing Service.
6. Why do you need to gather your data and necessary documents?
When you have selected a service provider and defined a goal, it’s time to begin with the payroll implementation. If you’re planning on expanding to a location and you’ve hired your employees, it’s time to begin with the onboarding process.
Many companies tend to fail in this step because they don’t know how to do it. However, you should know that by ensuring a smooth onboarding you have higher chances of avoiding issues with your payroll.
For this reason, a crucial part in this step is to collect the necessary documents related to your employees. In this regard, you must know which documents are necessary for the particular country you’re considering.
Some of the most common are the following:
- Social security or tax identification number
- Working visa
- Bank information
- CV and application form
- Benefits record
- Employee handbook
Keep in mind that each country may request additional documents, for this reason it’s essential to have a local legal expert that may assist you.
Learn everything about the annual leave and how to ensure compliance in this matter.
7. How can you ensure a smooth integration of your payment solution?
Having a solid onboarding process and being sure that you have total compliance is the key for an outstanding payroll implementation. But, there’s one more thing you have to do. The final step is to integrate your global payroll system to your HR management.
As a corporation that is expanding, you must opt for digital and automated processes. This is particularly useful for larger corporations or multinationals since you ensure your new process is handled perfectly.
Since payroll processing is complex at many levels, the best thing you could do is to delegate it to a service provider. Here in Connect Resources we will ensure you get a smooth integration so you won’t have to worry about your international payroll.
7.1 Which results can you get with a service provider?
A service provider is going to continuously evaluate your payroll system, so you can focus on your core business activities.
These are the benefits you could get with a successful partnership:
- Avoid mistakes and challenges with your payroll
- Make the necessary improvements to adjust and ensure a smoother payroll processing
- Have a complete HR information system
- Improve your workforce management
- Have a better planning of your HR costs
- Track your employees’ attendance and hours
- Have an outstanding payroll reporting
- Monitor employee expenditures
- Track employee-initiated costs
- Ensure security and protect your sensitive data
Get to know the work carried out by Executive Search Firms in Dubai.
8. How can Connect Resources help you with payroll implementation?
Here in Connect Resources we want to help you achieve a successful payroll implementation. Whether you’re a small business or a large corporation, we can help you get a smooth integration of a payroll solution to your management.
By ensuring an outstanding payroll processing and administration you can receive a great performance of your workforce. Our team of specialists can assist you on each stage of your implementation planning. We’re readily available to provide you a comprehensive solution that can boost your business.
Would you like to contact Connect Resources for outsourcing HR services? You can call at +971 433 166 88 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you’ll talk to one of their representatives that will gladly answer all of your questions.