When you’re planning the international expansion of your business to the UAE, you may have considered the relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi. It’s not easy to send employees to a new location since there are many formalities involved. Also, it’s important to consider how to place the worker so they can start doing their jobs effectively.
Perhaps you’ve considered contacting one of the relocation companies in Abu Dhabi because it may ease the process. If you have several doubts about how to send your employees to this place, maybe it’s best to count on with experts that can help you in each step of the process.
Everything gets even more complicated when it comes to sending the employee and living in Abu Dhabi with family. For this reason, it’s important to stay well-informed and to know how to carry out the relocation successfully.
In this article, you’re going to learn everything you need to know about how to carry out the relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi. In addition, you can gain understanding about how to smooth the transition and how to settle up your employee in this new place. Let’s observe:
- The complete guide about relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi
- What is the relocation process?
- What is the process for getting the Visa?
- Why is necessary for your employee to have a great adjustment to Abu Dhabi?
- How can the employee relocate to Abu Dhabi with their family?
- What is it necessary to accommodate your employee in Abu Dhabi?
- Are there any health requirements for relocation?
- How can you ensure a smooth transition to your employee?
- Can the employee relocate with their belongings to the UAE?
- How do relocation companies operate?
- Why is Connect Resources your best option for relocation to Abu Dhabi?
1. The complete guide about relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi
Planning an international expansion to Abu Dhabi involves several areas that you can’t neglect. The UAE is one of the top destinations for businesses around the world, but you should know that there are may aspects that you must take into account if you want to send employees to this place.
Carrying out the relocation to employee to Abu Dhabi could be different for each business. Perhaps you’d like to send some employees on a business trip, or you’re looking for sending permanent workers to operate in your new office. Nevertheless, it’s important to get all the information you can so you know what to do.
1.1 What are the employee relocation rights?
When you plan on sending an employee to work on another country, you should keep in mind that you can’t force them. Your employees have the right to say no. In addition, once your employee has accepted to work in Abu Dhabi, you must comply with local laws and regulations that respect their rights as your employee.
For this reason, it’s important to learn about the UAE Labor Law, so you can start writing compliant contracts. Also, you must offer them a great compensation package adapted to local requirements. If you respect their rights and give them great incentives, you can be sure that they’re going to work happily for your business.
1.2 Why is the information about relocation so important?
Since opening an office or a branch in Abu Dhabi could be a complicated process, you should be well-informed about each step of the process. If you plan on carrying out the relocation process by yourself, this is even more important.
How can you learn more about the relocation and how can you keep your employees well-informed? Let’s observe the following:
- Do research about the target country and location
- Learn about the local laws and regulations you should comply with
- Train your in-house HR team about how to handle and manage an international workforce
- Learn about immigration procedures and paperwork you should submit
- Research about the resources you should put in place to work
If all of this information is too much for you to handle, you should contact a relocation agency to help you with the process. Once you have placed your employees in this new location effectively, your business is going to receive outstanding results from your expansion.
If you’d like to get assistance from specialists, in Connect Resources you can get the perfect partner for your relocation. We have been providing our service for the past two decades, so we have plenty of experience in this field.
2. What is the relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi?
Before starting the process, it’s important to know what is exactly. The relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi is a process carried out by companies that want to send workers to this place. It’s a process that companies implement when they want to open a branch, carry out a special project, or test the market.
Some companies that look the UAE as a promising place to make business may choose Abu Dhabi for several reasons. And, some employees will be there for short or long-term assignments. So, as you can see, it’s a broad matter. For this reason, each relocation process may be different for each company.
2.1 When do companies carry out employee relocation?
If you’re thinking about relocate employees to Abu Dhabi, but you’re not sure it will be a great idea, it’s good to know some of the reasons why other businesses do it. This might help you decide if this will be a strategic decision for your organization. Be sure to always respect employee relocation rights, so your workers can always be happy and you don’t incur in any liabilities.
- Open an office in a new location
- Fill an open position in this place
- Encourage career development
- Promote business development
- Carry out a special project or assignment
Keep in mind that if this process is too challenging, you can always look for employee relocation services. In Connect Resources we can offer you a comprehensive service so you won’t have to worry about anything.
2.2 What are the benefits of employee relocation?
The relocation process adds value to the company in several ways. And it’s also a great opportunity for your employees. So, if you’re hesitant, you should take a look to the following:
- Helps you have a diverse workforce
- Create a wider talent pool
- Fills open positions faster and more efficiently
- Serves as a candidate attraction tool
- Increases employee retention
- Encourages transfer of knowledge
In addition, it’s also beneficial for your employees since they will be able to have a new experience that will allow them to grow professionally. However, keep in mind that your employees should agree to the relocation and you can’t force them to go to a new place if they don’t want.
3. What is the process for getting the Visa?
The immigration matters are the most complicated issue when it comes to relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi. As a foreign investor, you should make sure your employees get the necessary documents to work legally in the UAE.
However, dealing with immigration processes is a tough task, but it’s essential if you don’t want to incur in any liabilities. Perhaps you feel like you need to get employee relocation services but you’re not sure about it. For this reason, it’s important to understand how the process works so you can make a great decision.
How do you get the UAE Visa for your employees? Let’s observe the following:
- It’s important to have a compliant employment contract
- You should have a sponsor in the UAE
- The employee will need the permit to enter the UAE
- Once in the country, the employee will have to do several processes such as a health check, and many other formalities that may take several weeks
- After approval, your employee can get the working visa and residence permit, as well as other additional matters such as a PO Box or a bank account.
3.1 How can you get assistance with immigration?
If you’re new in the process of relocation to employee to Abu Dhabi, you may feel overwhelmed by the immigration procedures. For this reason, if you want to get some help, you can always contact a relocation agency to help you.
The third-party can help you with the following:
- Processing paperwork and documentation
- Obtaining the work permit, residence visa and Emirates ID Card
- Have the necessary documentation of your employee to start the process
- Assistance with translations and more
This is a great service for businesses that don’t want to invest a lot of time and effort in processing all the immigration documents. It will allow you to focus on your core business activities while a third-party handle everything for you.
4. Why is necessary for your employee to have a great adjustment to Abu Dhabi?
There’s an important aspect that employers often overlook when it comes to the relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi. It’s important for your employees to have a great adjustment in the place where they’re going.
When you send an employee to a short or long-term assignment to a different country, at first, they may feel overwhelmed when they get to the place. The truth is that moving to a different city is a major decision. The crucial part here is that if your employee doesn’t adapt to the place, then they’re likely to resign and request to go back to their country.
And, if this happens, your business is going to get affected. You’ll have to carry out the relocation once again and this is costly and time-consuming. So, as you can see, it’s important to plan the adjustment of your employees if you want to reach success with your global expansion.
4.1 Cultural training support
Since the UAE is an Arabic country, there may be a culture shock for your employee when they arrive. For this reason, you should train them regarding the social behavior and customs so they can be prepared.
How can you help them? By providing the following training:
- Overview of lifestyle in an Arab country
- Business etiquette
- Social accepted behavior and social norms
- Customs, cultural behavior and religious beliefs
The relocation companies in Abu Dhabi such as Connect Resources offer this cultural training service. We will make sure your employee gets a clear understanding of the place so they can adapt easily to their new job.
Whether you’re sending a current employee or a new employee to Abu Dhabi, it’s essential to give them a great onboarding process. You should focus on train them regarding their new job, their duties and tasks, and the work environment. This could help your employee adapt to their position and have a smooth transition.
4.3 Family relocation
If your employee is married and they have children, they may desire living in Abu Dhabi with family. You can help them by providing the necessary Visas and everything necessary so they can adapt easily.
5. How can the employee relocate to Abu Dhabi with their family?
Most workers want to move to the UAE with their family, but they don’t know if this is possible. So, when you’re planning the relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi, this is an aspect that you should consider.
Your employees can move with their families, but it’s necessary to process the documentation that they must have to stay legally in the UAE. If your employee has been settled up in place first, then they can be the sponsors for their families. You can contact Connect Resources if you want to get assistance in this matter since we can handle everything for you.
5.1 What is the process for family relocation?
To make living in Abu Dhabi with family possible, you should know the following recommendations:
- Employees can sponsor their families if they have a valid residence permit
- The income criteria for sponsoring are a minimum salary of AED 4000 (or AED 3000 plus accommodation)
- The family should enter the UAE and follow the procedure to apply for the residence visa. They have 60 days to do it.
- Family members over 18 should undergo a medical fitness test and pass it
5.2 Who can an employee sponsor?
Once the relocation to employee to Abu Dhabi has been done, they can sponsor their family members. The employee can sponsor the following:
- Wife and children
- Daughter (unmarried)
- Sons (up to 18
- Both parents (minimum of AED 20000 salary)
- Husband and children (minimum salary of AED 10000 or AED 8000 plus accommodation)
Keep in mind that if your worker wants to move with their family, they can do it. You must respect the employee relocation rights in this matter.
6. What is it necessary to accommodate your employee in Abu Dhabi?
Once you have ensured that your employee is well-prepared to adapt themselves to the Abu Dhabi’s lifestyle, you must ensure that they have a nice place where they can live and offer everything they need as well.
For this reason, in the relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi it’s important to consider finding a house, a school, and make sure they be comfortable in their new location. This way, you guarantee that your employees give their best performance for your business.
6.1 Finding a house
Keep in mind that if you’re going to carry out the relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi, you must provide a place to live. You should find a property for your employee and their families.
A service provider can help you in this matter by providing assistance in the following:
- Assistance finding a house or apartment in residential areas
- Advice on housing contract
- Additional facilities
6.2 Transport service
If you want your employee to know how to move, you should instruct them on how to use transportation. Perhaps you could consider offering in-company transportation.
If you’re looking for employee relocation services, you should contact Connect Resources. We are one of the top agencies in the UAE that can offer a comprehensive solution. If you care about your employees’ transition to the new workplace, we can help you settle them smoothly.
If your employee is relocating with their family, you should consider helping them to find a great school. With a service provider you won’t have to worry about this since they can handle this aspect easily.
7. Are there any health requirements for relocation?
An important aspect that you should consider as an employer is the health requirements for the relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi. The UAE has a very strict policy where the foreign workers should be in optimal health conditions to work there.
One of the steps of the process for getting the working Visa is undergoing a medical exam. Your employees and their families must pass it. In addition, it’s important to provide health insurance to your employees, otherwise they won’t get the residence permit.
Connect Resources is one of the high-level relocation companies in Abu Dhabi. We have been providing our service to several companies in a variety of industries. Therefore, we can understand your special requirements and offer you a customized solution.
8. How can you ensure a smooth transition to your employee?
Ensuring a smooth transition is a major part of relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi. As an employer, you may tend to focus on the operational part but it’s equally important to ensure your employee can adapt easily.
If you’re worried about how to can ensure your employee adapts well to Abu Dhabi, you can follow these recommendations:
- Cultural and social training
- Preparation in advance
- Provide guides and clear policies
- Ensure a smooth onboarding process
- Getting assistance from a relocation agency
8.1 Why should you focus on employee’s transition?
When carrying out the relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi, you may think that it’s not a requirement to focus on your employee’s transition. However, there are several benefits you can get if you worry about your employees’ well-being. These are as follows:
- Decrease the risk of repatriation
- Minimize the risk of failure in your employee’s assignment
- Employees are able to adapt easily and without any issues
- Ensure you meet your business’ strategic goals
If you’re looking for a partner that helps you with the relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi, we’re here to assist you. In Connect Resources we focus on providing a top service to our clients. You can meet your expansion goals and have a smooth transition for your employee when you decide to partner with us.
9. Can the employee relocate with their belongings to the UAE?
A common question that many may have regarding the relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi is whether they can move with their belongings. For some people, it’s important to take with them their precious items. And, some even may want to take their pets with them.
For this reason, when you’re planning the relocation to employee to Abu Dhabi, you should know what kind of items they can take with them. Here we have some examples:
- Pets: if the employee would like to move with their pets, it’s necessary to process the required documentation.
- Vehicles: the employee may take their car but it may be expensive as it’s necessary to pay the related taxes.
- Personal items: if the employee wants to take their personal belongings with them, they can do it. But they have to check that they don’t infringe the restrictions established by the UAE government since there are forbidden items.
- Food: the employee can take food items but it’s important to know the maximum amount they can take with them.
When you care about your employee relocation rights, you want to do the process effectively. In addition, you must ensure compliance if you don’t want to incur in any liabilities. Here in Connect Resources we want to assist you in each step of the process. From recruitment to onboarding, we provide you a solution adapted to your requirements.
10. How do relocation companies operate?
Once you know that the relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi may be a challenging task, you may want to get some help. You can contact one of the relocation service providers to assist you.
However, you may be hesitant because you don’t know how they operate. Here are the following areas in which a company like Connect Resources can help you when it comes to relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi:
- Immigration paperwork and visa processing
- Residence permits and family members sponsorship
- Local services
- Accommodation and utilities
However, you should take into consideration that the scope of service depends on the agreement between you and the provider.
10.1 Why should you consider working with a relocation provider?
Keep in mind that entering a new market is always challenging. If you’d like to make things easier, you can contact a service provider to help you.
Here are some of the benefits you can get with this partnership:
- Focus your time and resources in core activities
- You won’t have to deal with tons of paperwork
- Ensure compliance in each step of the process
- Guarantee a fast and smooth settlement and transition for your employees
- Save costs
With Connect Resources, you can get outstanding employee relocation services. We will focus on providing you a comprehensive solution that fits your needs and your employees’. You can contact one of our specialists to help you solve all of your inquiries.
11. Why is Connect Resources your best option for relocation to Abu Dhabi?
Once you know that the relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi is a complex and challenging process, you may want to get some help from experts. Here in Connect Resources we want to offer you a comprehensive relocation service so you won’t have to worry about anything.
We are one of the best relocation companies in Abu Dhabi, and our goal is to help you with your international expansion. If you want to enter the UAE market, we can be your partners here so your employees can start working immediately and you can earn the income you expect.
Here are some of the areas in which we can assist you:
- Visa processing and work permits
- Family visas and assistance with finding a school
- Tours, culture training and counseling
- Assistance with accommodation and more
If your employees are looking to living in Abu Dhabi with family, we can also help you. Our team of specialists will ensure your employees’ transition to the new place will be as smooth as possible. We want to assist you with every step of your relocation process so you can take your business in the road to success.
Would you like to contact Connect Resources for relocation services? You can call at +971 433 166 88 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you’ll talk to one of their representatives that will gladly answer all of your questions.