As an expat in the UAE, you need to know how to obtain all the essential documents you will need to submit whenever you are applying for a particular job position. In this regard, it is crucial to know how to get police clearance in Abu Dhabi, if you are requested to submit it in any case. Your police clearance certificate Abu Dhabi is an important document that proves you have not violated the law in the country, so as you can see, it is great proof for employers.
In this article, you are going to understand what a good conduct certificate Abu Dhabi is and how to get it. Moreover, you will gain more insight into the different methods you can use to get your Abu Dhabi police clearance. Let us observe:
- What is the police clearance certificate Abu Dhabi?
- Who needs to obtain the police clearance certificate Abu Dhabi?
- What documents do you need to obtain the police clearance certificate UAE?
- How much does it cost to obtain UAE police clearance?
- What is the process to get the Abu Dhabi police clearance certificate?
- How to get police clearance certificate outside the UAE?
- How can Connect Resources help you with the police clearance certificate Abu Dhabi?
1. What is the police clearance certificate Abu Dhabi?
The police clearance certificate Abu Dhabi (PCC) is an official document issued to both locals and foreigners by the Abu Dhabi Government or Police upon request. It is an essential paper for those that are following the best strategies to find jobs in UAE since employers request it.
It is particularly aimed at those that are applying for a job in the government sector or the education field.
This certificate is also known as a certificate of good conduct Abu Dhabi since it proves that the individual is a law-abiding citizen. This means that he or she has never violated the UAE Laws, therefore he or she does not have a criminal history while residing in the country.
Thus, it is a document that attests to the individual’s devotion to the law, including the new UAE Labour Law.
1.1 What is the validity of the police certificate?
Once the concerned authority issues your police certificate, this document will have a three-month validity from the date of issuance.
This information is printed on the document, and you can submit it to your job application as long as it is valid.
Keep in mind that you cannot submit an expired police certificate because the employer will not consider it. So, if time goes by and your document is expired, it is better to do the process once again to request another one. This way you will avoid any issues when you are applying for a job.
2. Who needs to obtain the police clearance certificate Abu Dhabi?
Both locals and expats can obtain a police clearance certificate Abu Dhabi, but it is particularly important for those that are following the top tips to find jobs in UAE in several roles.
Therefore, employers of several fields should request their candidates a police clearance certificate if they want to ensure they are hiring a person that has managed to follow the rules in the country.
Thus, requesting a PCC should be part of the top 4 considerations for hiring employees in the UAE. This is with the aim that the applicant proves that he or she does not have a criminal history.
Similarly, individuals that are considering applying to one of the UAE universities may be required to submit a PCC.
So, in many instances, an individual may be requested to submit a police clearance certificate. In this case, it is useful to know how to do it, since the process does not take long.
3. What documents do you need to obtain the police clearance certificate UAE?
To get your cid clearance Abu Dhabi you need to gather some documents first. This is because you will have to submit them to start the application process.
Here are the documents you need:
- Original Emirates ID and a copy.
- Copy of your resident visa.
- Copy of passport.
- 2 passport-sized photos.
- Duly filled application form.
4. How much does it cost to obtain UAE police clearance?
To get your police clearance Abu Dhabi you need to pay the required fee. However, this fee may vary depending on the payment method you use.
Here we have the fee for good conduct certificate UAE online in Abu Dhabi:
- Debit card payment: 53 AED.
- Credit card payment: 57 AED.
Here at Connect Resources, we are one of the best outsourcing companies in Abu Dhabi. Therefore, we can provide the most competitive rates for any service you may require, including processing paperwork like the police clearance certificate.
5. What is the process to get the Abu Dhabi police clearance certificate?
In case you have been looking for a job using Abu Dhabi oil and gas recruitment agencies, you may want to know how to get your police clearance certificate UAE online so you can have this document if they request it.
In this regard, there are several ways to obtain your conduct certificate UAE:
5.1 Obtain your good conduct certificate for UAE visa online
In Abu Dhabi, you can apply for the police certificate by visiting the Ministry of Interior’s portal. To get it, you have to follow the next steps:
- Visit the MOI’s official website.
- Scroll down the page to the “Important Services” tab.
- Click on “next”.
- Find the “Clear criminal record certificate”, which can be located in the middle.
- Click on “View More” to open the e-service page with all the instructions.
- If you are a new user, click on “Register” so you can start using the service. You will have to provide your Emirates ID number so the system can verify your identity.
- After that, click on “Start Services”.
- Enter your username and password to log in.
- Provide your email address.
- On the “Emirate” option select Abu Dhabi.
- Select the reason why you are requesting the paper.
- Select the language of the police certificate, which can be Arabic or English.
- If you are inside the country, select “inside”.
- Enter the organization to which you will submit the police certificate.
- Select the delivery method so you can receive your police clearance certificate.
- Proceed to do the online payment by providing the required details.
- Lastly, click on the “Pay” button.
As you can see, it is a process that will not take that much time. You just must have all of the information you will have to submit to make it faster.
5.2 Get your police certificate in a service centre
You can visit any of the Ministry of Interior’s service centres to request the police certificate. Similarly, you can go to a police station in Abu Dhabi and request this document personally.
Here’s what you will need to do:
- Locate the nearest police station in Abu Dhabi.
- Go to the Customer Service Section.
- Submit a copy of all the necessary documents and your application letter.
- Pay the required fees using either your debit or credit card.
- After that, you can obtain your PCC in the stipulated time.
It is important to note that a clean criminal record is the best paper to prove that you are not a security threat to the country.
5.3 Use the App to obtain your police certificate
You can download the smartphone App of the MOI UAE, which is available on Google Play and iTunes.
Therefore, you can follow the same steps as you would on the desktop site, such as registering as a user.
After that, you can follow the instructions to request your police clearance certificate. Make sure to check the information you provide so there are no errors in your document.
5.4 How to get the police certificate in Dubai
In case you are in Dubai, you can also get the police clearance certificate, but besides doing it through the MOI’s official portal, you can do it through the Dubai Police website or App.
To apply for a police certificate in Dubai, you have to follow the next steps:
- Go to the Dubai Police’s official website.
- Select the service “Police clearance certificate”.
- Click on the “Access Service” option.
- Follow the instructions provided and enter the information requested.
- Proceed with the payment.
- Submit your application.
After that, you can receive your police clearance certificate in Dubai. It is also worth noting that you can obtain this document by visiting the nearest Dubai Police Office. Or by using the MOI’s official website too. Therefore, you have many options.
5.5 How long will it take for the delivery of the police certificate?
If you have applied for the police certificate during a working day, typically you will receive your document in 24 hours. However, the delivery time may vary if you have applied on a non-working day.
On the other hand, you can request a hard copy of your police certificate to be sent to your home. But keep in mind that you will have to pay the delivery charges.
Since email delivery is an option, many individuals opt for this one, since it is faster.
Nevertheless, if you make an in-person application, you can receive your certificate by email the same day or get handed over that exact time after the application.
6 How to get police clearance certificate outside the UAE?
If you have been a resident of the UAE, but you no longer live there, and you want to get your police clearance certificate Dubai outside UAE, you must know that you need a fingerprint card first.
A fingerprint card is a report issued by the police department concerned. This will vary depending on each person’s biometrics.
Perhaps you already used your grace period after a visa cancellation, so you cannot travel back to the UAE. But do not worry, you can obtain your police certificate easily.
If you want to know how to get police clearance certificate Abu Dhabi, you just have to follow the next steps:
- Get your fingerprint card issued by the police in the country you are residing and attested by the UAE Embassy in said country.
- Gather the following documents: two passport-sized photographs, a copy of your passport, and a copy of your last UAE visa.
- Submit all the documentation and the fingerprint card along with your reason for the application.
- Send the request online to the Ministry of Interior.
- Pay the required fees.
- Obtain your police certificate.
7. How can Connect Resources help you with the police clearance certificate Abu Dhabi?
Here at Connect Resources, we understand how crucial it is to prove that you are a law-abiding citizen so you can land your dream position. Make sure to avoid those common mistakes that sabotage your job search in UAE and submit the documents you are requested, so you can start growing professionally.
Thus, if you want assistance with your police clearance certificate Abu Dhabi, we are here to help. We also want to help with our visa services that are compliant with the new UAE visa rules that came into effect in September 2022:
- Freelance Visa.
- UAE Golden Visa.
- Retirement Visa UAE.
- UAE Multiple Entry Visa.
- Green Visa UAE.
- UAE Property Visa.
- UAE Job Seeker Visa.
Do you need help with your police clearance certificate Abu Dhabi? Reach out to one of our members of our team of experts to help you get your police clearance certificate Dubai or anywhere in the UAE. Contact us at +971 43 316 688 or send us an email at email@example.com.
On the other hand, if you have been looking for online jobs in UAE, now it is time to visit thetalentpoint.com. The Talent Point is a solid platform where you can start applying for the best vacancies in your field. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to improve your chances.