Getting the most suitable employees to fill positions in your company is the main goal of the hiring process. However, in some cases, it is not easy to find the right candidates due to a variety of reasons. And if you desire to get the best results, you need to consider some factors for hiring employees in the UAE.
In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about the process to hire candidates in this country. Furthermore, we will provide you with some tips that you should follow in order to carry out this process. And, of course, we will explain the main elements that you must take into consideration when hiring employees. Let us observe:
- What is the hiring process in the UAE and what are its main steps?
- What are the main things you should consider when hiring candidates in the country?
- First consideration: the goal or objective of the recruitment process
- Second consideration: status of the candidate’s visa
- Third consideration: the region of the current and previous workplace of the candidate
- Fourth consideration: requirements to fill technical and high-level positions
- What other considerations should you keep in mind when hiring new employees in the UAE?
- How can Connect Resources help you hire the candidates you are looking for?
1. What is the hiring process in the UAE and what are its main steps?
The main asset of any company in any country is its workforce or employees, which are acquired through the hiring process. This process consists of following a set of specific steps in order to find, select, interview, and hire qualified candidates. Some of the most important steps that employers must follow when hiring employees in the UAE are these:
- Writing accurate job descriptions to create and post job advertisements, which will be useful to attract highly qualified candidates.
- Receiving applications and reviewing them will be the next step to start selecting the most suitable candidates for the positions.
- Once the reviewing process is completed, employers must start interviewing their selected candidates. These interviews can be conducted through remote meetings or in-person meetings.
- The previous step will define which candidates will be hired. After that, the employer and the selected candidates will need to negotiate the terms and conditions of the employment contracts.
- Once the candidates are hired, the employer must complete all the stages of employee onboarding to make them feel welcomed.
2. What are the main things you should consider when hiring candidates in the country?
It is essential to follow the previously mentioned steps if you desire to start hiring employees in the UAE. However, it is also important to keep in mind certain considerations before you start the hiring process in the country. For example, some of the most vital factors that you must take into account before the process are the following:
- The goal or objective of your recruitment process.
- The current status of the candidate’s visa.
- And the region of the candidate’s current and previous workplace.
- Lastly, the requirements to fill technical and high-level positions.
Those are the main considerations that you need to take into account before the process, but there could be more. For instance, other elements can influence the hiring process, hence they are vital as well. Relevant skills of the candidate are essential during the process, as well as nationalization, social network optimization, and many others.
3. First consideration: the goal or objective of the recruitment process
There is a variety of business sectors that have different requirements when it comes to the recruitment or hiring process. In fact, the requirements of each company individually will vary a lot depending on the type of entity as well. Whether you have an LLC, a Free Zone Company, or any other type of entity, hiring employees will be a requirement.
Nonetheless, as we mentioned before, there will be different requirements, which is why requesting professional services should be an option. By working with a team of UAE recruiting experts, such as Connect Resources, you will be able to fulfill your company’s requirements perfectly and quickly. Besides, this excellent option will also help you save a lot of valuable time and resources during the hiring process.
As a result, taking into consideration your recruitment goal will allow you to speed up the process of hiring employees. And your recruitment specialists will be able to accurately find what you are looking for.
4. Second consideration: status of the candidate’s visa
The current status of the candidate’s visa is a priority during the hiring process of any company in the UAE. And, as the UAE is one of the most advanced countries, it is a common objective of jobseekers from everywhere. Therefore, in case you are a professional looking for a job in the UAE, you need to consider this aspect.
When employers start hiring employees in the country, they take into account several factors related to the candidates’ visas. In case you are a candidate, make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Make sure that your identification has legitimacy for at least six months.
- The authorities can take a glance at your visa. And if you have visited Israel previously, there may be complications during the process.
- Make sure to have your marriage authentication with you in case your life partner is going with you.
- You must have a bachelor’s certificate attested by the UAE government office of the nation of your cause. This is a requirement if you desire to work under the Professional class of the Employment Visa.
5. Third consideration: the region of the current and previous workplace of the candidate
References are another vital factor that will be taken into consideration during the process of hiring employees in the UAE. Even if it does not look like it, employers call references to confirm their validity, especially when references are incredible. In fact, some employers are particularly watchful when it comes to checking references because this way, they can realize the quality of candidates.
Therefore, during the screening process, references will be an important part of it, and employers will need to strategically confirm them. And in case you are an applicant, you will be able to be an outstanding candidate by having excellent references. So, the region where you currently work or have previously worked can have a significant impact during the hiring process.
6. Fourth consideration: requirements to fill technical and high-level positions
When recruiters are looking forward to hiring employees to fill higher positions, the recruitment process becomes more complicated and time-consuming. Among the most challenging positions to fill you can find Human Resources and Information Technology, as well as Engineering, and many others. However, recruiting qualified technical talent is probably the most complicated task for any hiring manager in the United Arab Emirates, and there are several things they should consider prior to it.
Therefore, in a case like this, recruiters and employers must become experts using powerful search tools on popular recruitment platforms. As a matter of fact, they will need to have the ability to attract and retain passive candidates for these roles. In addition, they must also spend time developing effective hiring strategies for the long term. This way, they can create a talent pool they can tap into anytime.
7. What other considerations should you keep in mind when hiring new employees in the UAE?
Apart from the considerations that we mentioned before, there are other factors that you must keep in mind as well. When recruiters or employers are hiring employees, there can be certain cases in which the process gets challenging. As a result, they need to develop strategies in order to make the recruitment smoother and, of course, more effective.
There are three factors that must be taken into consideration in order to complete the hiring process accurately. And in case you are a recruiter, employer, or business owner, considering these elements will help you a lot. Those additional considerations for hiring candidates in the United Arab Emirates are the following:
- Determining the most relevant skills that the company requires.
- Optimizing the use of social networks.
- Attracting candidates according to their nationalities.
7.1. Relevant skills
There is a variety of skills that recruiters take into consideration when hiring employees in the UAE or other countries. And some skills are required when it comes to certain roles, which are having multicultural experience, technical expertise, communication skills, etc. Other vital skills that most recruiters require for key positions are decision-making capabilities, effective and analytical time-keeping skills, and more.
In case you need to hire candidates who have these or any other particular skills, being transparent will be necessary. As a recruiter, you must highlight these elements when writing job descriptions, right before the candidate selection process gets started. Remember to make sure that there is a clear understanding of these requirements, so you can easily find the right candidates.
7.2. Social network optimization
In some cases, candidates and recruiters try to find what they are looking for by using different online platforms. For example, most companies tend to use recruitment agencies and their own websites to post job offers or job advertisements. In the meantime, professionals looking for job opportunities usually opt for using social networks to find available positions and research companies.
Among the most common platforms that job seekers use to find job offers are LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and many others. However, there is a considerable number of companies that do not use these platforms to find candidates when hiring employees. Therefore, it is suggestible for these companies to start working on this factor in order to make the process easier.
In the UAE, you will be able to find that some employers are looking forward to hiring employees of Emirati nationality. In other words, these employers target national citizens when carrying out their recruitment procedures to fill positions in their companies. Nonetheless, most employers in the UAE have not necessarily taken action so they can attract Emirati talent exclusively.
In case you are an employer looking forward to hiring candidates from a particular country, you must be transparent. Transparency is a vital element that will make the recruitment process easier for both the employer and the candidates. Therefore, make sure to create crystal-clear job descriptions when you start your hiring process, so you can attract the candidates you need.
8. How can Connect Resources help you hire the candidates you are looking for?
Having the necessary knowledge and experience is key to effectively hiring employees in a country like the United Arab Emirates. And in case you do not have these elements, Connect Resources can hire the employees you need on your behalf. With our recruitment solutions, you will be able to find and get the most suitable and skilled candidates.
Furthermore, if you require to find candidates for specific high-level positions, you can get them with our executive search services. This way, filling those positions can be an easy task and, besides, the best candidates will work for your company. All you need to do to accomplish your goals is to contact our specialists and request these useful HR services.
Would you like to contact us to obtain more information about our excellent recruitment services? Our agency has everything you need. Call us at +971 43 316 688. We also have an email address at your disposal for you to send all your inquiries: email@example.com.
Have you been looking for jobs without success? Quit looking at the wrong places and visit thetalentpoint.com. Here, you will find the most extensive variety of jobs in the UAE and the Middle East. You can even apply via email through firstname.lastname@example.org!