The UAE is full of opportunities that anyone can get to become a successful professional in lots of business areas. And when it is about Dubai, this place will provide you with even more opportunities to reach success in no time. For instance, if you desire to become a freelancer, you can easily get a Freelance Visa in Dubai to benefit your career.
In this article, you will discover the information you need to know about the Freelance Visa in Dubai. Besides learning about its benefits, you will also learn about the steps and procedures to apply for this special visa. Plus, here you can also find accurate information about the eligibility criteria and requirements to complete the visa application process. Let’s observe:
- What should you know about this type of visa available in Dubai?
- How many benefits can Freelance Visa holders get by having this document?
- What other locations in the UAE offer this particular type of visa?
- Who can apply for a Freelance Visa in this emirate in 2022?
- How many requirements must applicants meet when applying for this visa?
- What are the steps you have to take when completing the application process?
- What is the cost of a Freelance Visa in this emirate in 2022?
- How can Connect Resources help you get your desired Freelance Visa in Dubai?
1. What should you know about this type of visa available in Dubai?
A Freelance Visa in Dubai is a document that will allow you to work as a freelancer or independent contractor. In case you are under your parent’s or spouse’s visa, this legal document is perfect for you. And that is because it will allow you to become a successful full-time freelancer in the UAE.
Besides freelancing in the UAE, it will also provide you with several advantages that will help you boost your career. Plus, in case you desire to sponsor your family members to live in Dubai with you, you can do it. Nonetheless, you should first learn how to apply for it.
2. How many benefits can Freelance Visa holders get by having this document?
Getting a Freelance Visa in Dubai to carry out your freelance activities in the UAE can be your best option. With this document, you can get multiple benefits that will help you succeed as a professional. For example, you will be able to get the ability to work for different companies at the same time.
Besides, there will be the flexibility and affordability you are looking for to perform your freelance work in the UAE. And by having this special visa, you can offer your services at competitive prices. In addition, you will be able to work as an independent contractor not only in Dubai but across the UAE.
3. What other locations in the UAE offer this particular type of visa?
In Dubai, you will be able to become a full-time freelancer after you get your Freelance Visa. But, depending on the field you specialize in, you can apply for your visa in different locations. For example, some locations that offer this visa are Dubai Media City, Dubai Internet City, Dubai Knowledge Park, and Dubai Design District.
Nonetheless, if you do not desire to become a freelancer in Dubai but in other UAE locations, these locations are available:
- Twofour54 free zone, which is located in Abu Dhabi.
- RAZEZ (Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone).
- Ajman Free Zone.
- Fujairah Free Zone.
- UAQ FTZ (Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone).
However, you should keep in mind that requirements and costs can vary in each of these locations. Therefore, you should get in touch with the authorities or specialists in case you desire to get more information.
4. Who can apply for a Freelance Visa in this emirate in 2022?
Many professionals from different fields and areas can start freelancing in the UAE after getting their respective visas. And precisely, those professionals who specialize in the media, education, and tech sectors are eligible for getting Freelance Visas.
However, other professionals from different areas and sectors can also apply and carry out their freelance activities in the UAE. And below, you will be able to discover the professions that are included in the eligibility criteria in the UAE. If you belong to any of these categories, you will be able to get your Freelance Visa in Dubai.
4.1. Professionals in the media sector
Media-related professionals who can apply for a Freelance Visa in Dubai are artists, actors, composers, animators, directors, editors, journalists, etc. Other eligible professionals are illustrators, musicians, graphic designers, photographers, producers, translators, writers, events planners, cameramen, audio/sound engineers, content providers, etc.
But that is not all; there are many other professionals who work in the media industry and can be freelancers. For example, commentators, critics, brand consultants, furniture designers, market analysts, presenters, print media specialists, and many other professionals can do it.
However, remember that you can only choose three activities. Also, keep in mind that freelance permits for media-related professionals are issued by Dubai Media City.
4.2. Professionals in the education sector
Professionals who work in the education field can also get their visas and perform freelance work in the UAE. For example, some of the eligible education-related professionals are education advisors, e-learning advisors, executive coaching, researchers, and trainers.
And in case you are applying for a Freelance Visa in Dubai, you can only opt for one education-related position. Plus, you also need to know that freelance permits for education-related professionals are issued by Dubai Knowledge Park.
4.3. Professionals in the tech sector
Besides the sectors we previously mentioned, professionals who work in the tech sector can also get freelance jobs in Dubai. More precisely, these are the individuals employed in the tech industry who are eligible for getting a Freelance Visa in Dubai:
- IT and Telecommunication Networking freelancers.
- Mobile, Web, Software Development, and Architecture freelancers.
- Data Science and Analytics freelancers.
- And Customer Service freelancers.
Just like in the previous case, you can opt for one position only. But on this occasion, freelance permits are issued by Dubai Internet City.
4.4. Other professionals who can get Freelance Visas
Apart from the professionals mentioned above, there are other individuals who can also perform freelance work in the UAE. Of course, as long as they meet all requirements, they can get their Freelance Visas and permits easily. And among the available categories, we can find the following:
- Banking and finance professionals (accountants, analysts, consultants, etc.).
- Fashion stylists and designers (hairstylists, textile designers, image consultants, interior designers, etc.).
5. How many requirements must applicants meet when applying for this visa?
In order to get your visa and become a freelancer in Dubai, you must meet particular requirements and submit documents. For instance, the main ones that you must submit are your resume/CV and a copy of your passport and visa. Plus, you will need to provide a bank reference letter and a No Objection Certificate from your sponsor in the UAE.
On the other hand, there are additional requirements that can vary depending on the field you will work in. For example, if you choose the media industry, you will need to submit a portfolio or sample of your work.
But if you decide to work in the education sector, make sure to submit proof of your educational qualifications. And besides, these qualifications must be verified by the UAE Consulate in your home country or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
6. What are the steps you have to take when completing the application process?
You can perform your freelance activities in the UAE after getting your Freelance Visa. To obtain it, you must follow the steps of the visa application process. These are the stages of the process and how to complete them:
- Apply for a freelance permit online: this is the first step to carrying out freelance work in the UAE. To complete it, you must visit the official website of the pertinent authorities that issue this type of visa. Then, you must select the “apply” option to start filling out the application form and submit your documents.
- Follow up on your application: after completing the online application, you will need to wait 10-15 days to get the approbation from the authorities. Then, you will be required to visit the respective business center that issues your visa to sign the documents. After that, make sure to pay the fees to receive your permit via email.
- Apply for your Freelance Visa: getting your permit will allow you to access a particular service platform, which gives you access to government/corporate services. Besides, through this platform, you will be able to get your establishment card and freelance employment visa.
- Residency visa procedures: after applying for your Freelance Visa in Dubai, you will get an entry permit (valid for 60 days) after 5-7 days. Once you have received it, you must complete the respective residency visa procedures to get your residency visa stamped and validated. For example, your medical test is one of them.
7. What is the cost of a Freelance Visa in this emirate in 2022?
The cost of a Freelance Visa in Dubai can vary depending on several factors that you must take into consideration. For example, if you apply for it while being in any location in the UAE, these are the costs:
- General: AED 4,960
- Express: AED 6,340
However, if you complete the application process while being precisely in Dubai, you can get your visa at these prices:
- Normal: AED 3,330
- Express: AED 3,900
Furthermore, you should also know that these are the prices of a freelance employment visa valid for 3 years. Besides, these prices include other elements, such as your Emirates ID fees, medical test, and visa stamping fees. On the other hand, it is important to consider the costs of the freelance permit and the establishment card, which are:
- Freelance permit valid for 1 year: AED 7,500
- Establishment card valid for 1 year: AED 2,000
Nonetheless, you should keep in mind that there might be additional fees. For example, the Knowledge Dirham and the Innovation Dirham are some of them. And each of these additional fees is an AED 10 fee. Make sure to pay all these fees before you start your freelancing work in the UAE.
8. How can Connect Resources help you get your desired Freelance Visa in Dubai?
By having the right information at the right moment, you can get your Freelance Visa in Dubai easily and quickly. And Connect Resources will provide you with the information and tips you require to complete the visa application process successfully. Plus, we can provide you with visa and government services in case you desire to obtain other types of visas.
On the other hand, if you are a business owner in Dubai, you can also get Freelance Visas to get other benefits. For example, with Connect Resources, you can easily get visas to get a global workforce of freelancers working with you. We can find the most experienced freelancers from many different fields who can start working on your business projects immediately.
Are you looking forward to getting a visa and becoming a freelancer in Dubai this year? With Connect Resources by your side, you can get the guidance you need on the application process to get your visa and find freelance jobs. And the first step you need to take is to contact our team members by calling us at +971 43 316 688 or sending an email at email@example.com to receive information about our services and solutions.
However, in case you desire to work as a full-time or part-time employee, make sure to visit the thetalentpoint.com website. Here you will be able to find a wide range of available job opportunities in Dubai and across the UAE. And if you send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV, our specialists will review it and help you find the most suitable job offers.