The visa fine check in UAE is necessary to verify the penalty established for citizens who exceed the period of stay in the country. Therefore, to avoid this fine, you will need to check the visa expiration date. Additionally, online you will find useful tools for visa expiration date verification in the United Arab Emirates.
In this article, you will learn about the fines for overstaying and what the steps are for the fine check Dubai visa. Additionally, what the options are you have to remain in the United Arab Emirates or to leave it.
UAE overstay fine – Latest news and updates
Previously, foreigners visiting Dubai were granted a grace period by local authorities after the visa expired. Now, all tourists will be required to leave the country when their visit visa has expired. Consequently, you must leave the country before the date stipulated in the document for your stay in the Emirates.
Likewise, if you do not comply, you will receive a fine for exceeding the time of stay stipulated in the visa. In addition, you must check visit visa fine online to pay it before applying and obtaining a permit to leave the country.
Overstay fine in the United Arab Emirates
When you exceed the time established by the visa, you must carry out the visa fine check in UAE. Likewise, you will pay the cost of it, according to the time accumulated in days after the due date. Thus, the fine you will have to pay for each extra day is AED 50 per day.
Similarly, you will also receive a fine if you cancel the emirates visa. In this case, the government will give you up to 6 months of grace period to leave the country or apply for an extension. Additionally, if you stay longer than allowed, you must apply for an exit permit from the UAE.
Likewise, the exit pass or license that will allow you to leave the United Arab Emirates may cost you up to AED 300. For this reason, the visa fine check in UAE is essential to know what fees you have to pay.
UAE Overstay Fine Verification
Do the online visa fine check through platforms GDRFA website and PCI website. In this case, you can carry out this process by following the steps that we will show you below:
GDRFA web portal
Through the portal of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Relations, you can carry out the visa fine check in UAE. We will detail you the steps you must follow:
- Enter the GDRFA web platform
- Then select the file type from the dropdown menu
- Next, if you are a resident visa holder, select: Resident
- If you are the holder of a visit or tourist visa, select: Permit
- Provide the requested details
- For captcha verification, solve the simple mathematical equation that will appear
- Now click SEND
- Finally, you will be able to see the details of your overstaying fine
ICP web portal
Another means available for visa fine check in UAE is the ICP portal. In this case, you must follow the steps that we will indicate below:
- Enter the ICP web address
- Select PUBLIC SERVICES
- Now, click on start service for FINES – PAY FINES – ENTRY PERMIT OR RESIDENCE VIOLATIONS – PAY NEW FINE
- Complete all required information
- Then after checking the captcha box, click on SEARCH
- Finally, you will be able to see the details about the overstay fine
Hence, you have two common methods for visa fine check Dubai, both easy to carry out.
Payment of the fine for excessive stay in the United Arab Emirates
After performing the visit visa fine check in UAE, online through the ICA platform, you can pay it. Below, we provide you with a series of steps to pay it through this platform:
- Visit the ICA portal
- Next, click on the virtual assistant located at the bottom right of the screen.
- After you are provided with the list of services, select REQUEST SERVICES.
- Select PAY FINE or enter the service number.
- Now, enter the unified number.
- Enter the date of birth in the following format MM/DD/YYYY.
- The details of your violation and fines will then appear along with the link to pay the fine.
- Then click the link to pay.
- Immediately, the page will redirect you to the service submission screen and there, review the information and click NEXT.
- Now to complete the process click on PAY.
- Finally, if you did the procedure correctly, you will receive a notification from the ICA along with your transaction number.
Cost of the fine for staying overtime in the United Arab Emirates
The visa fine check in UAE is important so that you know the amount you will have to pay depending on the type of visa. In this case, the fines for prolonged illegal stay are the following:
Fine for excessive stay on a Tourist or Visit Visa
At the end of the 10-day grace period given by the government, you must complete the visa expiry fine check. In this case, this time is for both types of visa but, once elapsed, you must pay as follows:
- For the first day of overstay you must pay AED 200
- For all days continuously, you will need to pay AED 100
- Also, AED 100 as service fee.
Likewise, residents of the emirates get a 30-day grace period to change status, obtain a second visa, or leave the country. They will also receive sanctions during this time.
Fine for excessive stay for a residence visa
With the residence visa, you will have a grace period of 30 days and after that, you will have to carry out the UAE fine check visa. If payment is not made on time, the fine is accumulated as follows:
- Par the first day AED 125
- After the first day and for 6 months AED 25
- AED 50 per day for 6 to 12 months
- AED 100 per day after 12 months of additional stay
- Service fees of AED 100
Exemption from fine for excessive stay in the UAE
The Dubai visa fine check online will let you know what amount you will have to pay if you have any. However, there are exceptions in case something unforeseen occurs and the person cannot leave when the visa expires. In this case, the affected person can request the authorities to review their situation due to situations beyond their control.
Documents you need to carry to apply for UAE visa fine waiver
The list of documents that you must submit for the fine exemption consists of mandatory and supporting documents. The latter will serve to prove the reason why you could not leave the country on time.
- Original Emirates ID and the passport of the sponsor
- Visa and passport of the person making the request
- Copy of the visa or file number that contains the fines
- If you are going to make a change of status, you must submit an electronic visa
- If you are planning to leave the UAE, you will need cancellation documents
- Exemption letter or NOC to request reduction of fines
- UID number for newborns
Depending on the reasons why you could not leave the country after the deadline expired, you must submit specific documents. Below you will see the requirements that you must submit according to your situation:
Judicial or legal
- Request letter provided by the sponsoring company
- Letter from the court or police to the authorities if they held or confiscated your passport
- Request letter provided by the sponsoring company
- Medical report from the Health Authority or the Ministry of Health. This report must be in Arabic and must have the date of entry and exit from the hospital.
Sponsorship from a family member
- Sponsor Request Letter
- Copy of the visa and passport of the sponsor of the family member
- Salary certificate, employment contract, and sponsor memorandum
- Documents supporting excessive stay
Sponsorship by a company
- Emirates ID of the sponsor, partner, or public relations officer of the business
- Sealed letter of request from the company
- Copy of establishment card
- Copy of the visa and passport of the person who needs the exemption
- Commercial license of the sponsoring business
Delay in issuing or renewing passports
- Application letter from the applicant, sponsor, or company
- Indication of the visa renewal application date through a letter from the Embassy or Consulate. It can also be the presentation of an issuance request in the case of a passport.
- Establishment card (for companies)
- Commercial license (for companies)
- Employment contract (personal sponsorship)
Due to the death of the sponsor
- Application letter from the sponsor, applicant, or company (with its corresponding stamp)
- Copy of the visa and passport of the interested party
- Copy of the passport of the sponsor (personal sponsorship)
- Company Establishment Card
- Trade Licenses for Businesses
- Death certificate
In short, you must do the visa fine check in UAE if you stayed longer than allowed by the authorities. In this case, you can use the digital means of the authorities to make the query and pay the fines. IF you need more information or have a question about immigration issues, you can contact us.