As an expatriate in Saudi Arabia, you wonder how you can obtain a new passport. In this regard, you can request a reissue of your document and wait for the passport release Riyadh.
In this article, you are going to gain more information about passport release Riyadh. Also, you will see all the documents you need as well as the processing time. Let us observe:
- Getting to know more about passport release Riyadh
- See if you need an appointment for passport release Riyadh
- Understanding in which circumstances you can request passport reissue
- Step-by-step passport release in Riyadh
- Passport release in Al Khobar in easy steps
- How to know when the Philippines passport is released?
- Documents you need to bring for the passport release riyadh
- Get your passport release Riyadh in a few days
1. Getting to know more about passport release Riyadh
Saudi Arabia is a great location for foreign professionals that are searching for top jobs. For this reason, many decide to move to this place to work.
Thus, as a foreign individual, you must have a valid residence permit, which in Saudi Arabia is known as the Iqama. Since it is a very important document, you have to know when to renew your Iqama timely.
Also, your visa is highly crucial for staying in the Kingdom. Therefore, you have to check your KSA visa validity through Muqeem to be aware of when to renew it.
As you can see, renewing documents in KSA seems easy. But what happens when you must renew your passport? In this case, it gets a little bit more challenging.
Since you live and work outside your country, it is not practical to fly back to your home country to renew it.
However, you can request your passport by following a procedure from the embassy of your home country in Saudi Arabia.
After you have done the request, you can retrieve your document with the passport release Riyadh once it is ready.
If you are requesting the Philippine passport, you can retrieve it in any of the following locations:
- VFS ePassport Renewal Center (PaRC).
- Philippine Embassy.
- Embassy on Wheel.
So, whether you are in Riyhad or Al Khobar, you can retrieve your passport easily by going to any of these places.
2. See if you need an appointment for passport release Riyadh
Once you have requested your passport, you have to book an appointment before you can retrieve it.
You have several options to book a release appointment:
- Global Online Appointment System by the Department of Foreign Affairs.
- Check the dates for the Embassy on Wheel.
- Book an appointment at the VFS website.
One of the advantages of the wheels service is that you can apply for more services such as a police clearance certificate, affidavit, and more.
Also, it is worth noting that if you are going to apply for passport renewal, you have to do it only through the VFS centres in Al Khobar and Riyadh from January 2023.
In this case, you do not need to book an appointment. So, you can submit your application from Saturday to Thursday, from 9 am to 5 pm.
3. Understanding in which circumstances you can request passport reissue
Once you know that releasing passport Riyadh is possible, you may want to know when it is necessary to request a new one.
3.1 Reissue of passport due to validity expired
If your passport has expired, then you need to get a new one as soon as possible. It is important to renew your passport a few weeks before its expiry.
The best part is that renewing your passport is not costly. So, even if you earn minimum wage in Saudi Arabia, you can afford it.
3.2 Replace your lost or stolen passport
It is important to replace your documents if you have lost them or they got stolen. You cannot be in KSA without your passport because that may cause you to face trouble with the authorities.
3.3 Get a new passport if yours is damaged
In case your passport is torn, ripped, or damaged, it is best to apply for a new one. Keep in mind that your passport is vital for checking the validity of your visa, and any other documents in KSA.
Lastly, take into account that for every process you may be required different documentation. So, make sure to have everything ready.
4. Step-by-step passport release in Riyadh
After you have done your request to the VFS PaRC in Riyadh, you need to retrieve your passport. You can do it either at the VFS offices or the Philippine Embassy.
Also, make sure to look for the working hours in Ramadan, so you can go when you are sure it is open to the public.
4.1 Retrieve your passport at the VFS
If you have decided to renew your passport through VFS you can retrieve it by going to the following address in the next schedule:
- ePassport Renewal Centre: Al Shamshia Plaza, 2nd floor. Al Futah King Faisal Road Riyadh 12632.
- Saturday to Thursday, from 9 am to 5 pm.
4.2 Retrieve your passport at the Philippines Embassy in RIyadh
On the other hand, you can wait for the passport release philippine embassy Riyadh if you have requested your document in the embassy.
In this case, the passport releasing Riyadh by the Philippine Embassy you have to go to:
- Philippine Embassy in Riyadh, Diplomatic Quarter: Alradeef St, Al Safarat, Riyadh 12512.
- Sunday to Thursday, from 9 am to 4 pm.
5. Passport release in Al Khobar in easy steps
If you are in Al Khobar, then you can also retrieve it after passport releasing, either in the VFS location or at the Philippines Embassy.
4.1 Retrieve your passport at the VFS
Retrieve your passport at the VFS location at the following address and according to the schedule:
- ePassport Renewal Centre: 7639 Mohammed Alfateh St, Al Rakah Al Janubiyah, Al Khobar 34226.
- Saturday to Thursday, from 9 am to 2 pm.
4.2 Retrieve your passport at the Philippines Embassy in Al Khobar
If you prefer to apply through the embassy, you can retrieve it at the following address:
- Philippine Embassy in Al Khobar: 6237, 2038, Alkurnaish, Al Khobar 34414.
- Sunday to Thursday, from 8 am to 5 pm.
6. How to know when the Philippines passport is released?
After applying for a new passport, you need to be aware of the dfa passport release. Also, it is important to ensure your passport is ready before you make an appointment to retrieve it.
For this reason, you have to be aware of your releasing passport. So, you can do any of the following:
- Wait for a notification from VFS Philippines by SMS to your mobile number or by email.
- Visit the Philippine Embassy to check the list of released passports.
- Go to the VFS website to track the progress of your document.
Make sure to check now and then. This is because passports that are not claimed within 6 months are returned and then cancelled.
7. Documents you need to bring for the passport release Riyadh
If you have checked your passport release Riyadh and you see it is available, you need to bring the following documentation to retrieve it:
- Copy of your appointment.
- Old passport.
- Official receipt.
If you do not have your old passport because you have lost it or for another reason, you have to present a valid government-issued ID. You can present your Iqama or work permit too.
In the case a person cannot retrieve his or her passport, it is possible to appoint a representative. The representative must go with an authorization letter duly signed by the passport owner.
However, this is only available for minors, individuals with medical problems, senior citizens, and other valid reasons for those that are not able to retrieve it in person.
And, after you have retrieved your passport, it is good to check the information. Make sure to verify it is accurate and that there are no errors with your data.
If you find any discrepancy, then you have to report it to the embassy immediately.
8. Get your passport release Riyadh in a few days
Once you have completed the application for your passport, you need to wait for a period to retrieve it.
Generally, you have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks for the passport release, whether at the embassy or VFS offices.
So, it is best to apply for a new passport ahead of time, particularly if you need it for travelling or any other purpose. It is not advisable to wait until the last moment to apply.
As you can see, obtaining your passport in KSA can be a complex process. But, with the right information, you can be well-prepared whenever you have to do it.