As a traveller to the United Arab Emirates, you have to comply with the requirements established by the Authority, even as a UAE Resident. In this regard, you may need the ICA approval for UAE Resident, so it is essential to know how to get it. Citizens, residents, and tourists that want to visit the UAE must follow the guidelines established as per the ICA approval. So, if you are planning to travel to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or any other Emirate, it is advisable to learn what you need in advance.
In this article, we are going to explain more about the ICA approval for UAE entry. Also, you will gain more insight into the ICA Abu Dhabi. Let us observe;
- Who should apply for the ICA approval for UAE Resident?
- Step by step to apply for the ICA approval for UAE Residents
- See how to check the status of your ICA approval for UAE Resident
- Learn how to fly to Abu Dhabi with your UAE ICA Approval
- Here we have how to use Al Hosn App green pass
1. Who should apply for the ICA approval for UAE Resident?
Before understanding the ICA approval UAE, it is important to point out what it is.
First of all, ICA Smart Services is a program that is part of the Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship. Its goal is to offer a myriad of services to tourists, residents, and UAE Nationals.
What is more, as a UAE Resident you can enjoy a range of useful services such as replacing your lost Emirates ID or applying for a Golden Visa. And, as a visitor, you can apply for entry permits or visas, such as the five-year multi-entry UAE visa.
Thus, the objective is that travellers can access services easily so they can worry about other crucial aspects of their trip.
However, there is a crucial aspect that many UAE Residents want to know, and that is how to obtain the ICA approval UAE green signal.
1.1 Why do you need to get the ICA approval for UAE Resident?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, individuals were not allowed to travel to the UAE. After the world started to implement the vaccine, and the COVID-19 crisis became manageable, the UAE prepared to start to receive visitors.
In this regard, the UAE Authority implemented the ICA approval link. So, what is ICA approval? It was a type of permit that everyone must get to enter the UAE. This guaranteed the Authorities that the individual was in good health condition and thus he or she was able to enter the country without being a risk for the rest.
Thus, even if you were a UAE Resident, you were required to get the ICA or GDRFA approval to travel to any of the seven Emirates.
1.2 ICA approval UAE latest news today
According to the latest news, the ICA approval link for UAE residents is no longer required. This was confirmed by the flag carriers of the UAE.
Thus, all residents that want to travel to the UAE from around the globe now do not need to get this approval.
So, this means that if you are flying to Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, or any other Emirate, you do not have to find out how to get ICA approval.
Nevertheless, Abu Dhabi is still requiring individuals to register with the ICA Smart Travel Service. Therefore, if you are going to Kizad Abu Dhabi or any other place in this Emirate, you have to get the ICA approval for travel.
2. Step by step to apply for the ICA approval for UAE Residents
As a UAE Resident, you have to get the ICA entry approval for travelling to Abu Dhabi. If you are fully vaccinated, you also must hold a negative PCR Test before you can enter public places in Abu Dhabi.
So, if you plan to use your health app from your country of residence, you do not need to register. But, if you are going to use the Al Hosn app, you have to register via the ICA Smart Travel Service.
In this case, you have to follow the next steps:
- Go to ICA Smart Services official website.
- Look for the residents’ entry confirmation service.
- Provide your Emirates ID, passport number, name, passport-type, and nationality.
- Enter your residential address, passport details, and contact number.
- Provide your travel history, like the country or place where you are coming from, or where you were the past 14 days.
- Enter the date of arrival to the UAE.
- Provide details about your vaccination.
- Upload the required documentation like a photograph, PCR Test result, and passport.
- Confirm and submit your application.
After you have done this, you have to wait for the verification. If your status is approved, you will see a green message. Otherwise, you will see a red status.
3. See how to check the status of your ICA approval for UAE Resident
Once you have applied for the Abu Dhabi ICA approval, you can check the status by following the next process:
- Visit the ICA Smart Services portal.
- Provide your information, such as your Emirates ID, passport number, and nationality.
- Click on “check.”
- If you get a green status message, your ICA approval is done.
- If the status message happens to be red, you must wait and apply again.
4. Learn how to fly to Abu Dhabi with your UAE ICA Approval
In case you are planning to travel to Abu Dhabi, you must get the ICA travel approval. Here we have the steps you must follow if you do not know how to get ICA approval to enter UAE:
- Go to the ICA Smart Travel Services.
- Whether you are fully vaccinated or not, you have to take a COVID-19 PCR test before your flight to Abu Dhabi.
- Download the Al Hosn App since it will work as proof of your health status.
- In some cases, the UAE Authority may request individuals to be in quarantine on arrival. So, be prepared in case you are not fully vaccinated or if you are not travelling from a green list country or travel corridor.
Make sure to do the registration before you travel. Also, you do not have to register if you are a UAE National or if you are applying for a transit visa.
5. Here we have how to use Al Hosn App green pass
As you may now know, you do not need to get the ICA UAE approval as a UAE resident, unless you are travelling to Abu Dhabi and you plan to use the Al Hosn App.
The Al Hosn App is very useful for those travellers that got their vaccination certificates outside the UAE. This way, you can prove you are fully vaccinated and thus you are in good health conditions.
Therefore, to get the ICA approval for UAE Resident you have to register your vaccine first, and then you can download the Al Hosn App.
5.1 Vaccine registration in a few steps through ICA
Follow the next steps to register your vaccine and be able to travel to the UAE without trouble:
- Go to the Register Arrivals and Vaccination certificates Attestation.
- Select if you are inside UAE or outside UAE as corresponds.
- Provide your nationality, full name, gender, date of birth, place of birth, and email.
- Enter your email correctly because you will receive a QR code for verification.
- Provide your mobile number.
- After that, you will have to upload your passport, personal photograph, PCR Test, and COVID-19 Vaccination card.
Once you have submitted the form, you have to click on “send”. It is important to point out that being fully vaccinated is not a mandatory requirement for entering the UAE. Nevertheless, it is required if you want to get the green pass for being able to access public spaces.
5.2 How to use your Al Hosn App
Before travelling to the UAE, you have to complete your registration to be able to use the Al Hosn app. Here is what you need to do:
- Visit the arrival registration section of the ICA Smart Services portal.
- Complete your registration as we mentioned in the previous section, providing your international vaccination certificate.
- After that, you will get a link to download the Al Hosn App.
- Once you arrive, you will get a Unified Identification Number (UID) at the airport.
- Then, once you have downloaded the Al Hosn App, you have to use your UID and phone number to register.
- You will receive a one-time password, to complete your registration.
You can use this App to travel safely across the UAE, and you will not need to provide any other information.
If you want to learn more about all the services you can access in the UAE we invite you to check our blog. You can gain more information about how to print the GOSI salary certificate online or about TRN Verification in Dubai.