As a UAE resident, you must be aware of when your visa is about to expire. For this reason, you have to carry out the UAE visa check by passport number. This way, you can renew it timely and avoid having to pay fines.
In this article, you are going to learn how to check visa status with passport number. Also, if you are a Dubai resident, you can see how to do the Dubai visa check by passport number only following two methods. Let us observe:
How Do I Check My Dubai Visa Using Just My Passport Number?
Step 1: First, go to the service portal website.
Step 2: Choose Passport Information and pick Visa as the Type.
Step 3: Type in the passport number, expiration date, and nationality.
Step 4: Verify the Captcha box.
Step 5: Next, select “Submit.”
- Be aware if your UAE residence visa is about to expire
- Check your UAE visa online easily in a few steps
- See how to check your Dubai visa status through the GDRFA website
- Check your Dubai visa with the GDRFA Dubai App
- How to check visa status using passport number by phone call
- Can you check your tourist visa status?
- Your UAE Visa validity after cancellation
1. Be aware if your UAE residence visa is about to expire
To check the status of your UAE visa offline, dial 600-522-222 and provide your passport number. Call Amer Centre at 800-5111 if you have a visa that is based in Dubai.
Your UAE residency is one of the most valuable documents you get once you decide to move to this middle eastern country, as long with your Emirates ID.
For this reason, you need to check its validity so you can renew it on time. By doing the UAE visa check by passport number you can know the date when your document expires. This way, you can proceed with renewal to avoid penalties.
As you may be aware, if you fail to renew your visa or emirates ID on time, you may face a fine for delay in renewal.
For all of these reasons, it is important to do the visa check by passport number. Particularly if your visa is about to expire.
1.1 Do you know your UAE visa validity?
Each type of visa issued by the UAE has a specific period of validity. Therefore, once you get your visa, you have to check its validity.
The UAE entry system is well structured. Thus, there are several types of visas to choose from. In this regard, some of the most common types of visas have the following validity:
- Single-entry tourist visa: 30 days.
- Long-term multi-entry tourist visa: 90 days and it is valid for 5 years.
- Green visa: 5 years.
- UAE Property visa: 3 to 5 years.
- Golden visa: 10 years.
- Job seeker visa: 60 to 90 days.
- Employment visa: 2 to 3 years.
2. Check your UAE visa online easily in a few steps
We understand that knowing the exact date of your visa expiry may be difficult. Perhaps you may remember the year in which it expires. For this reason, you can do the UAE visa check by passport number so you have nothing to worry about.
With just a computer or your mobile phone, you can do the UAE visa check by passport number in a few steps.
So, how to check visa status using passport number UAE? By following the next steps:
- Go to the Smart Services ICP portal.
- Click on “Public services.”
- Click on the “File Validity” tab located at the right of the screen.
- Under “Search By” click on “Passport information.”
- Select between “Visa” or “Residency” according to your document.
- Enter your passport number and passport expiration date.
- Select your nationality from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the verification box.
- Click on “Search.”
After that, you will see the information about your visa. This will include all the details such as your visa expiry date.
3. See how to check your Dubai visa status through the GDRFA website
If you are residing in Dubai, and you got your Dubai visa, there is another method you can use to do the Dubai visa check online.
The GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs) website is in charge of all visa-related tasks in Dubai. So, if you have any concerns or queries, or you need to apply for a service, you can use this website.
As for now, Dubai is the only Emirate with a separate portal that allows you to carry out several visa-related services.
So, if you want to do the UAE visa check by passport number in Dubai, you have to follow the next steps:
- Visit the official GDRFA portal.
- Login to your account by clicking on the icon located at the right of the screen.
- Enter your username and password and click on “log in.”
- Go to “services” and then to “visa status.”
- Under general enquiry, select “File Type” between entry permit or residence.
- Select “residency validity” from the dropdown menu.
- Provide your residence file number.
- Enter your name and passport.
- Select your gender.
- Specify your date of birth.
- Enter the verification code.
- Click “Submit.”
If all of the information provided is correct, you will see all the details about your visa on the next page. You can check the expiry date easily.
The best part is that through this option you can also check your entry permit, the establishment card, and the status of the electronic application as well.
The GDRFA is a great website where you can check your documents easily if you are in Dubai.
4. Check your Dubai visa with the GDRFA Dubai App
If you have a smartphone, you can check your visa validity easily. So, if you do not know how to check UAE visa status, you have to follow the next steps:
- Download the GDRFA app to your Android or iOS mobile phone.
- Go to the “Services” label and click on “File Status Inquiry.”
- Select the option “Entry permit” if you have your employment contract but you have not received your visa. If you have your visa, click on “Residence Inquiry.”
- Enter your name, nationality, visa code, and date of birth.
- Click on “Inquiry.”
If you have provided the correct information, you will see a page that displays all the details about your visa. Among these is the visa expiry date.
5. How to check visa status using passport number by phone call
If you do not want to do the UAE visa check by passport number online but you rather check it offline, there is one quick way to do it.
Here is how to do the Dubai visa check by passport number by a phone call:
- For general enquiry about your visa, you can call the ICP through 600522222
- If your visa is Dubai-based and you are in the UAE, you can call the Amer service toll-free number: 800 5111
- If your visa is Dubai-based and but you are outside the UAE, you can call the Amer service toll-free number: +9714-313-9999
6. Can you check your tourist visa status?
Perhaps you may think the UAE visa check by passport number is only available for residency visas. But, regardless of the type of visa you hold you can do the UAE visa check online.
So, you can follow any of the processes mentioned before to check your visa by passport number, even if you hold a tourist visa.
The same applies to any type of UAE visa.
7. Your UAE Visa validity after cancellation
In case you have been residing in the UAE, but you want to move out or you have any other reason to leave, you have to cancel your visa.
It is very important to cancel it timely, so you can prepare everything to leave. Once you have cancelled your visa, you have a grace period in which you can stay legally in the country.
Similarly, if your visa has expired, you also have the same grace period in case you do not want to renew it.
In both cases, the ICP announced that the grace period was extended from 30 days to 6 months. As you can see, you have several months to decide what to do.
During these 6 months, you can amend your status or even apply for another residence visa, or leave the country definitively.
So, if you want to know how much longer you can stay, you have to check your visa validity before expires or before you decide to cancel it.
You are allowed to stay and you will not face any fines during the grace period. Nonetheless, if you stay more than you are allowed to, you will face a fine of AED 50 per day. And, you also have to pay a fee for the exit permit issuance, which may cost up to AED 300.
The United Arab Emirates is a privileged location where you can enjoy outstanding benefits. As an employee, you get your maternity leave in the UAE or you can request a visa on arrival for UAE residents in several countries. If you want to see what else the UAE has to offer, we invite you to visit our blog.