If you’re considering leaving the UAE for any particular reason, you should carry out the Visa cancellation process. It’s important to cancel your residence visa because it’s the proper way to deal with this immigration procedures.
However, you should know that this is a pretty straightforward process, so you don’t have to worry about having to deal with tons of paperwork or having to invest a lot of time in it.
In this article, we will describe the process for canceling your UAE visa, so you can be well-informed about it. In addition, you can learn more about how a third party can assist you in any immigration service you need. Let’s observe the following:
- What is the UAE Visa cancellation process?
- Who must cancel your UAE visa?
- What are the ways to cancel your UAE visa?
- Which documents do you need for canceling your visa?
- How to cancel the UAE visa for dependents?
- How much does it cost to cancel your visa?
- What do you need to keep in mind before cancelling your visa?
- How long does the cancellation process last?
- What are some of the common doubts regarding visa cancellation?
- How can Connect Resources help you with New visa and Visa cancellation?
What is the UAE Visa cancellation process?
When you plan on entering the UAE for living or work, you must carry out the process of obtaining your residence visa. With this important document, you’re able to work and you get access to all the standard services of the country.
Depending on the type of visa you may stay for 2 or 3 years, or even longer. However, if you’ve decided that you want to move to another place and leave the UAE, you need to cancel your current visa.
Don´t make the mistake of leaving the UAE without carrying out the Visa cancellation process, particularly if you’re an employee. If you leave and you don’t resign and cancel your visa, this may put you at risk of legal repercussions and you may not be able to re-enter the country later. Learn more about how to apply for the Dubai remote work visa.
Who must cancel your UAE visa?
When it comes to UAE Visa cancellation Process , it’s important to know who can cancel your residence visa. This is a process that only the sponsor can do. It means that as an individual, you’re not able to process the application on your own.
Therefore, if you’ve been sponsored by an individual or a company, they’re responsible for canceling and submitting the application for you. However, when it comes to an investor visa, the individual can initiate the process on their own.
When should you cancel your UAE Visa?
Perhaps you’re wondering when you should request your sponsor to cancel your visa. If you’re considering leaving the UAE permanently, you must cancel it.
If you’re considering changing your job, or you need to leave the UAE temporarily, you don’t need to cancel it.
Keep in mind that since your sponsor is the one that did the UAE Visa application, it should be the one that also carries out the UAE Visa cancellation on your behalf.
Why should you learn about how to cancel the UAE visa?
You may be wondering why you need to learn about cancelling your UAE visa if your employer is the one responsible to do it.
Let’s observe the following reasons why you need to be informed:
- You’re involved in the process so it’s essential to know how it is done
- Knowing about the cancellation process is helpful if you need to cancel the visa for a family member so, Get in touch with experts in Visa and Government Services.
What are the ways to cancel your UAE visa?
There are two ways to carry out the UAE Visa cancellation Process. Your sponsor can carry out this process in-person or online. If you’re the sponsor of your spouse and children, you have to carry out this process on your behalf.
How to cancel the UAE visa in a typing office?
Your sponsor can cancel your visa in a typing office registered by GDRFA in the corresponding emirate. If you’re an employee, your employer needs to carry out some processes before. Let’s observe the following:
- Cancel the employee’s labor contract and labor card at the MoHRE (Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation)
- Cancel the employee’s work permit by submitting a letter to the MoHRE of confirmed settlement.
- Apply for visa cancellation to the GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs)
It’s important to note that the cancelation should be through the GDRFA that processed the stamped residence visa in the first place. Once the employer has submitted the application to the typing center, it will fill the cancelation and process it.
How to cancel the UAE visa online?
The other way your employer can cancel your UAE visa is by visiting the GDRFA website and carrying out the process from there. It’s important to note that after submitting the application online, it’s necessary to visit the GDRFA with the passport and Emirates ID.
In addition, the employer can carry out the cancellation process through the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship website. Find out how lower salaries could have a negative impact in the UAE.
Which documents do you need for the UAE Visa cancellation Process?
For the Visa cancellation process, it’s important to submit several documents.
What are the documents required for cancelling your visa if you’re an employee?
The following are the ones that you need if you’re an employee:
- A letter signed by the employee: in this, you confirm you have received all the settlements, wages, and benefits you’re due.
- UAE Visa cancellation form: your employer should sign it and it should be signed and sealed with the company stamp.
- Clearance certificate issued by the MoHRE
- Employee’s original passport
- Get Employee’s original Emirates ID card
Which documents do you need to cancel the visa for your dependents?
In case you’re the sponsor of your spouse and children, you need to submit the following documents:
- Copy of your passport
- Cancellation form signed by you
- Original passport of the sponsored
- Original Emirates ID card of the sponsored and Talk to Connect Resources to get an outstanding Payroll outsourcing service.
How to cancel the UAE visa for dependents?
It’s important to note that before proceeding with your Visa cancellation by your employer, you must carry out the cancellation process for your dependents before.
Here’s what you have to do to cancel the visa for your dependents:
- Type the application form
- Submit the application along with the documents in a typing center
- Pay the cancellation fee
- You will receive a cancellation approval within an hour after submission
- Get the confirmation print from the typing center
It’s important to note that once the visa has been canceled, your dependents must return their Emirates ID card, and the authorities will stamp the passport and return it to you. Discover how to save time and money in recruiting by implementing top strategies.
How much does it cost to cancel your visa?
Once you’ve learned about the Visa cancellation process and you realize that is quite simple, you may be wondering how much it will cost.
It should be pointed out that the cost will depend on the specific office where you or your employer is submitting the application. However, it usually has a cost of around AED 100-200.
You also have to keep in mind that your employer or sponsor is in charge of paying the fee for your visa cancellation. However, you must pay the fee for your dependents. So, keep this in mind if you’re planning on leaving the UAE soon because you’ll have to save the money to pay for this. See how you can improve your management with payroll and HR services.
What do you need to keep in mind before cancelling your visa?
Before initiating the UAE Visa cancellation Process you must know that there are some things that you have to do first. Consider all of this so you can have a smooth departure from the UAE and you don’t have anything pending.
- If you’re the sponsor of your spouse and children, you must carry out the cancellation process on their behalf before initiating yours.
- Make sure to know how much your employer owes you as per your contract. Don’t sign any statement of a confirmed settlement before receiving all your dues
- Close your UAE bank account
- Pay all your utility bills accordingly and cancel them
- Cancel your tenancy contract
- If you have bought a car, sell it before leaving
Keep in mind that once the employment agreement has been terminated or has expired, you should finalize the visa cancellation process within 30 days. Get to know more about how to expand internationally.
How long does the cancellation process last?
As you could see, the UAE Visa cancellation Process is not tedious and it won’t take much effort from you or your employer. Therefore, it doesn’t take long to get the cancellation. The application process may take 1 or 2 working days.
If you’re an employee, the process for cancelling your labor card may take one more working day. Keep in mind that your employer should carry out this process.
So, the entire cancellation process may take up to three working days in total. Once your visa has been canceled, you have a period of 30 days to leave the country and Understand more about the difference between a staffing agency and an EOR.
What are some of the common doubts regarding visa cancellation?
Although the Visa cancellation process is not complicated, there may still be some doubts about it. Let’s observe the following frequently asked questions about it:
- Can you cancel your visa without your passport?
One of the essential documents to cancel your UAE visa is your passport. Therefore, you need it to continue the process.
If you need to cancel the visa for your sponsored ones and they’re outside of the UAE, or if you’re employer needs to cancel your visa and you’re outside of the UAE, then a computerized extract of your Residence Visa can replace it. You should request it from the Naturalisation and Residency Department.
- Can you cancel your visa without cancelling your dependents’ visas?
If you want to cancel your visa, you either have to cancel your dependents’ visas or put them on hold. You can’t carry out the cancellation process if your dependents’ visas aren’t canceled.
- Is the company responsible for the employee once the visa has been canceled?
Once the visa has been canceled, you have 30 days to exit the UAE. The employer is still responsible until you leave the country or you change the status of your visa.
- Can you apply for a new visa while you’re doing the cancellation process?
You have to wait until your visa is canceled to start the application for a new visa. You can’t apply for a new one if the old one has been canceled yet.
How can Connect Resources help you with the UAE Visa cancellation Process?
Here in Connect Resources, we focus on providing assistance to individuals who need help with any immigration procedure. Whether you’re planning on coming to the UAE or leaving, we have a team of experts readily available to assist you and if you want to work remotely then you can apply for Dubai remote work visa also with the help of connect resources.
Regarding the Visa cancellation process, we can provide a comprehensive service to cancel your dependents’ visa or if you’re an employer, we can assist you with your employees’ cancellation. We have been providing out service for over the past 20 years so we are experts in this field.
Would you like to contact Connect Resources for Visa and Government Services? You can call at +971 433 166 88 or send an email to email@example.com, and you’ll talk to one of their representatives that will gladly answer all of your questions.