Saudi Arabia is a place that welcomes thousands of visitors per year. Currently, many individuals living in the UAE wonder if they need a Saudi visa for UAE residents for being able to travel to this location.
In this article, you are going to learn everything you need to know about the Saudi visit visa from UAE. Moreover, you will see the requirements and the complete process. Let us observe:
- Latest news about the Saudi visa for UAE residents
- Is it mandatory to apply for a visit visa Saudi Arabia as a UAE Resident?
- See the general requirements for the Saudi visa for UAE residents
- Easy online application for a Saudi Visa for UAE Residents
- How much does the Saudi visa for UAE residents cost?
1. Latest news about the Saudi visa for UAE residents
The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic forced many countries to close their borders. But currently, many have started to welcome international flights and now the tourism sector is completely restored.
Thus, those that hold a residence visa in the UAE may want to visit nearby countries for leisure or maybe just for a weekend.
In this regard, UAE residents can visit several countries such as Oman, Saudi Arabia, and others.
Therefore, they may wonder about the requirements for an Oman Visa, or maybe if they need a Saudi visit visa for UAE residents.
So, if you want to apply for a visit visa for Saudi Arabia, instead of a Business Visa to KSA, you have to learn all about its latest news.
1.1 Recent updates to the KSA visa for UAE residents
Concerning the Saudi Arabia visa for UAE residents, the Minister of Tourism of KSA, Ahmed Al-Khateeb, announced that the visa application is now simpler and more convenient for GCC residents.
So, this means that, since the UAE belongs to the GCC, UAE residents can now go through a more straightforward application process.
Also, the Authority announced that all individuals can apply for the visa, regardless of their occupation.
Furthermore, GCC residents can use the online portal available for the application, either for Umrah or for tourism.
For this reason, GCC residents must learn about the entry permits and residency schemes of the countries they would like to visit.
Keep in mind that you can check the validity of your visa online by following a simple step-by-step process.
1.2 Saudi Arabia Welcomes GCC Residents
According to the latest news, here are all the details about GCC residents, including UAE residents, for visiting Saudi Arabia:
- Individuals may visit the Kingdom for tourism and Umrah.
- It is possible to apply for a single-entry or multiple-entry visa.
- It is required to pay 300 SAR fees plus the cost of health insurance.
- The application process is very simple and consists of just four steps.
2. Is it mandatory to apply for a visit visa Saudi Arabia as a UAE Resident?
It is worth mentioning that when it comes to the Saudi visa from Dubai, individuals must know if they need it or not.
So, nationals from GCC countries, such as Kuwait, the UAE, Bahrain, Oman and Qatar do not need a visa for visiting Saudi Arabia.
Similarly, residents from the UAE that hold certain nationalities do not have to apply for a KSA visa for UAE residents. They can enter the Kingdom by using just their Emirates ID.
So, as you can see, it is important to have your national ID in good condition. Thus, you have to replace your lost or damaged Emirates ID if you want to travel to KSA.
However, some UAE Residents have to apply for the Saudi eVisa by using the online portal. This is because some nationalities cannot enter KSA without holding a valid visa, even though they are GCC Residents.
So, the Saudi eVisa is part of the new visa scheme for GCC residents, and thus they can visit KSA for leisure or Umrah.
In the case of the eVisa portal, it is useful for those non-visa-exempt foreign nationals that are residing in the UAE. Because they are required to obtain an approved visa.
For this reason, citizens that are generally not eligible for a Saudi visa, like Indians or Pakistanis, may apply if they hold a UAE residency.
3. See the general requirements for the Saudi visa for UAE residents
Understanding how to obtain a Saudi e visa for UAE residents may be confusing. For this reason, it is best to check the eligibility criteria first.
So, you can apply for a Saudi tourist visa for UAE residents if you comply with the following conditions:
- Have an occupation that is listed on the list of approved occupations.
- The residency document must have a validity of at least 3 months.
- The passport must have a validity of a minimum of 6 months.
- Children under the age of 18 need an application from a parent.
- If a family is applying, it is required to submit a complete separate visa application for each one.
If the individual complies with the criteria, then he or she needs the following for the application for the Saudi multiple entry visa for UAE residents:
- Original passport.
- Valid UAE residence permit.
- Recent passport-style photograph.
- Email address.
- Credit or debit card for paying the fees.
- Mandatory medical insurance policy.
Since it is important to have a valid visa for the application, you can check your visa validity with your passport to see if you need to renew your document.
4. Easy online application for a Saudi Visa for UAE Residents
One of the goals of the KSA Government was to make the application process much simpler. Therefore, UAE Residents can get their visas in no time so they can visit the Kingdom.
So, the Saudi visit visa for Indian from UAE is easier and hassle-free.
Here we have the steps you have to follow for the application for the Saudi evisa for UAE residents:
- Enter the Visit Saudi website. It is the official tourism website of KSA.
- Click on “Apply for eVisa” located at the top right.
- Under “What’s your nationality” search for your nationality.
- Another option will be displayed on the right. If you are a UAE Resident, click on “I am a GCC Resident.”
- You will see two options. Click on “Apply Now” under the eVisa option.
- You will be redirected to another page, the MOFA Official Visa Platform.
- Here you have to log in either using your national single sign-on or your unified national visa platform account.
- After having logged in, you have to fill out the application form.
- Upload the required documentation and submit.
After that, you need to wait for the approval. If your application gets approved, you will receive your Saudi eVisa by email.
4.1 What information do you need to provide for the Saudi eVisa
Since you have to complete an online form, you have to provide your personal information so your application gets approved.
Some of the details you have to submit are the following:
- Full name.
- Country of birth.
- Passport information: number, issue date, type, expiry date.
- Residential address.
- Marital status.
- City of address.
- Country of address.
- Travel details: intended date of entry, traveller’s accommodation in KSA.
Also, UAE residents have to provide answers to security questions before submission.
So, once you have provided all the necessary, it is advisable to double-check the data entered. This is to avoid making any mistakes and thus having your application rejected.
Keep in mind that even small errors can cause problems when it comes to processing your application.
Lastly, make sure to submit your application for a Saudi eVisa at least 3 working days before your travel. This way you can ensure you get your document in advance. And, the eVisa does not process applications on weekends or public holidays.
5. How much does the Saudi visa for UAE residents cost?
Considering the Saudi visit visa from UAE price is very important for your budget, in case you would like to travel.
So, you have to consider the following expenses regarding the Saudi tourist visa from Dubai:
- eVisa Price: the cost for the eVisa is SAR 300, which is about AED 294.
- Application fee: the cost for the application is SAR 39.44, which is about AED 39.
- Medical insurance fees: the cost of medical insurance is not included. This is because the price is based on the provider.
Once you have paid, you can get your eVisa:
- Entry: you can apply for a single entry or multiple entry visa, depending on MOFA.
- Validity: If you opt for a multi-entry visa, it will be valid for a year and you can stay for a maximum of 90 days on each visit.
Lastly, with your eVisa you can enter through the King Kalid Airport, King Abdulaziz Airport, King Fahd Airport in Dammam, and Prince Mohammed Bin Abdulaziz Airport.
If you would like to thrive in Saudi Arabia, you have to visit our blog to check all the guides and information we have compiled. Such as everything about the Minimum Wage in Saudi Arabia or the Mudad KSA Login & Registration.