As an expatriate in Qatar, you must know how to access the several services available to you. Whether you are an employee or an employer in Qatar, you must understand how to contact the Ministry of Labour and request assistance.
In this article, you are going to learn more about the Ministry of Labour Qatar. Moreover, you will gain more insight into how to use the official website, and how to use the different services. Let us observe:
- What is the Ministry of Labour Qatar?
- See which services you can get at the Ministry of Labour Qatar Website
- Get to know how to use the forms and services of the Ministry of Labour
- How to contact the Ministry of Labour Qatar
1. What is the Ministry of Labour Qatar?
Qatar is a country that welcomes thousands of visitors and expatriates throughout the year. Those that want to start a business or use solid strategies to find a job, can apply for a visa and stay in the country.
Once you are residing in Qatar, you need to know how to use the different services available for workers and companies.
In this regard, Qatar has established several Ministries with the aim to provide assistance and support to everyone.
Thus, the Ministry of Labour Qatar regulates the employment relationship in the labour sector. Therefore, the labour department Qatar organizes labour affairs and implements the different labour laws and decisions.
1.1 Do you know that the Ministry of Labour Qatar does?
The main goal of the Ministry of Labor is to provide a safe and healthy work environment for both foreign and national workers in companies in the private sector.
Also, the MOL is in charge of ensuring all the companies comply with the Labour Law. And, the MOL also deals with employment issues such as when any of the parties submit a complaint regarding a labour issue.
So, some of the responsibilities of the Ministry of Labor Qatar are the following:
- Implementing regulations, general policies and systems for labour.
- Implementing the job nationalization recruitment (Tawteen).
- Settling labour disputes.
- Supervising that companies adhere to the Labour Law.
- Issue work permits for employees.
- Protect workers’ rights.
- Offer support to workers and more.
2. See which services you can get at the Ministry of Labour Qatar Website
One of the advantages the MOL offers is that you can visit any of its service centers to request assistance, or you can use its official website.
However, the official website of the Ministry of Labour was launched just recently. In April 2022, users could now get access to a variety of services online so they did not have to visit a service center.
Thus, by accessing the website you can get access to more than 40 services and electronic forms.
By default, the website is it Arabic but you can change the language, having the Ministry of Labour and social affairs Qatar English.
Here we have some of the most common services you can get:
- Work permit.
- Reporting of work injuries.
- Contract authentication.
- Work-related complaints.
- Labour approval.
- Lifting the ban on establishment.
- Establishment statistics.
- Mobile service SMS.
- Bank guarantee form.
- Companies classification system.
- Query for labour complaints.
2.1 Understanding the different services for residents and companies
As a resident in Qatar, you can get access to the following services:
- Unified platform for complaints.
- Inquire about employer change application.
- Service for notifying the employer to leave the country or change the workplace.
- Profession change request.
- Follow-up and enquiries about applications for the sponsorship of families.
And, as a company, you can get access to the following services and forms:
- Residential location data registration.
- Labour exit permit service.
- 6-month reporting registry.
- Labour approval amendment service.
- Application renewal of labour approvals.
- Recruitment of workers from abroad.
- Bilateral contract.
- Company’s statistics.
- Extend temporary work visa.
- Request to extend a general work license.
As you can see, it is a platform where you can get fast support. The MOL recently included new service packages to ease the process for both individuals and companies. It is the perfect solution for those that do not have time to visit a service centre or that want to get assistance faster.
Review each service’s terms and conditions, requirements, and fees before applying or using it. And comply with the guidelines established.
3. Get to know how to use the forms and services of the Ministry of Labour
By entering the Ministry of Labour Qatar official portal you can use a myriad of services and forms available.
To access E-services and E-forms you have to follow the next steps:
- Go to the MOL’s official website.
- Click on “Services.”
- You will see the page E-Services and E-Forms.
Here you can use the different filters to find the service you want:
- By clicking on the first dropdown button located at the left, you can filter the results by department: Labour Inspection Department, Labour Relation Department or Recruitment Department.
- If you click on the dropdown button in the middle, you can filter the results by applicable sector: Citizen, Company or Resident.
- And lastly, the dropdown button on the right allows you to filter the result by type of service: form or service.
If you are unsure about the service you need, you can use the search bar on the right side and write the term related to the service or form you want.
3.1 E-Contract System
You can get access to the Ministry of Labour Qatar contract e-service, which is an integrated digital authentication service.
To use this service you need the following:
- A smart card.
- Valid bank payment card so you can pay the fees.
- Both parties have to complete the registration of the contract data.
- It is required to upload a signed copy with additional attachments.
After all of that, both parties can get certified copies of the contract. The fee for using this service is 60 QAR. As you can see, it is an easy way to get your Qatar employment contract copy online.
3.2 Project Contract Template
You can download a form in case you have to submit a new labour request or amend a numerical approval. This form is essential for those services.
3.3 Request for a temporary work visa
If you want to apply for temporary work visas, you can use MOL’s website. This way, you can get recruitment approval. But, you have to meet the terms and conditions established by the Ministry as well as follow the requirements.
In this regard, you have to consider the employment visa rules before applying.
3.3 Part-time work permits
Another service you can get with the Qatar labour website is full-time secondment and part-time work permits.
If an employee is considering securing a part-time job, the new employer must submit the application through the MOL’s website. It is required to submit all the data about the secondment. If the current employer approves, the employee can get a work permit for a part-time job.
3.4 New Labour request service
An employer can get an express granting of visa approvals for foreign employees as long as it meets the specific criteria and conditions.
However, it is worth noting that this service is only available for some types of companies, such as newly established ones. It is essential to check the terms and conditions to see if you can get use this service.
3.5 Profession change request
An individual can change or modify the job title that appears on the ID card. It is required to submit the documentation stamped with the company seal and duly signed. This is a form the individual can download and submit to request the change.
After that, he or she must submit the duly filled form with all the documents to apply for the change.
4. How to contact the Ministry of Labour Qatar
Here we have the Ministry of Labour Qatar contact details:
- Website: mol.gov.qa
- General inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotline: 16505-44068979
- E-Services: email@example.com
In case you want to visit any of the offices, here we have the addresses and working hours:
- Shahanya Services Center. First floor. From 6 am to 6 pm.
- Al Onaiza entity. First floor. From 9 am to 1 pm.
- Alhuda Tower. Floor 29. From 7 am to 2 pm.
- Al Rayan entity. First Floor. From 7:30 am to 6 pm.
- First Floor. From 7:30 am to 6 pm.
- Messiameer Services Center. First Floor. From 7 am to 5 pm.
- Industrials Entity. First Floor. From 7 am to 6 pm
- First Floor. From 7:30 am to 6 pm.
If you want to gain more information about Qatar and the several services available for employees and employers, you have to visit our blog. You can gain more understanding about how to check visa status in Qatar or gain more information about an employee contract.