As a resident of Qatar, you must have all of your documentation up-to-date to comply with local regulations. This is why it is useful to check your QID status to determine when you have to renew it in case you want to continue residing in this country. Therefore, doing the moi qatar id validity check is very simple, you just have to follow a few simple steps.
In this article, you are going to learn how to check your Qatar id status. Moreover, you will see all the different means you have to do the ID check online. Let us observe:
- Did you know your Qatar ID is very important?
- Check your QID status in a few simple steps
- See how to check QID status using your passport number
- Learn how to do the QID check on Metrash2 App
- Get to renew your Qatar ID on time
1. Did you know your Qatar ID is very important?
The Qatar ID, also known as QID for short, is the national identity card issued by the Qatari Government. Thus, all citizens and residents, including expats, must have this document with them.
This is because it serves as proof of identity and residency. Also, residents must use it to get access to a variety of services such as getting a driving license, opening a bank account, accessing government services, and much more.
The QID is used to store the personal information of the holder in the government database. And, as an expatriate in Qatar, you can get access to identity and residency rights.
And, in case you want to apply for a business license, you also have to provide your QID.
1.1 How can you get your Qatar ID?
Whether you are just arriving in Qatar, or you are trying to renew your QID, you have to apply through the Ministry of Interior.
So, when you plan to renew your visa, you also have to renew your QID. Also, as well as in the UAE, where the Emirates ID will replace the Residency Visa on passports, the QID is also the official document for being able to enter Qatar by airport or land.
Therefore, you have to take care of your QID. In case you lose your ID, you need to replace your identity card as soon as possible.
1.2 See why you need to check your QID status
As you probably know, your QID has a specific validity. For being able to enter the country and get access to a myriad of services, you must have a valid Qatar ID.
In this regard, you need to carry out the Qatar id online check to determine if your document it is still valid or if you need to renew it.
Once you do your id check Qatar, you can be sure if you need to go on with the renewal or if everything is fine.
Thus, it is essential to know how to check Qatar ID, as well as to check other documents such as checking your visa status in Qatar, and more.
2. Check your QID status in a few simple steps
Now that you know the importance of having a valid Qatar ID, you must know how to check the qid status.
It is a very simple process and you can do it in a few minutes. And, the best part is that the official documents Qatar id check you will need are only your ID number or your passport.
So, if you have your ID number and you are curious about how can I check my Qatar id online, you have to follow the next steps:
- Visit the MOI Official Website to do the qid status check.
- You will see several options. First, click on the “Inquiries” button, located at the left.
- Then, on the left menu, you have to look for the “Other Inquiries” option.
- Click on the “Other Services” tab.
- Select the “Official Documents” option.
- You have to provide your QID Number.
- Enter the verification code and then click on “search.”
After that, you will see the validity of your QID. In case you have typed the wrong information, you may not receive any results. Thus, you have to press the “reset” button and type again.
Also, you can use this “reset” button to enter information about any other QID number to check the validity too at the same time. As you can see, to check qatar id you do not need to go through a tedious procedure. You can do it online.
This is one of the advantages that many countries in the Middle East offer to their residents. Individuals can check the labour card online easily, or check the employment visa status in a few steps, without having to deal with bureaucratic procedures.
3. See how to check QID status using your passport number
If you do not remember your QID number, you have nothing to worry about. As you can check your visa with your passport number, and you can also check your QID with your passport number.
3.1 Do a quick Qatar id check online by passport number
Here we have the information to do the Qatar id check by passport number in no time. You will have to go through the same steps, the only difference is that you have to select your passport number.
- Go to the MOI Website.
- Click on the “Other Inquiries” icon.
- On the left menu, click on “other inquiries.”
- You will see two options to choose from, either your QID Number or your Passport Number. Choose your passport number.
- Enter your passport number.
- Select your nationality from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the verification code and click on “search.”
After that, you will be able to see the status of your QID.
4. Learn how to do the qid check on Metrash2 App
Qatar is a country that is aiming to provide the best service to its residents. This is why now individuals have much more means of checking their information.
So, if you do not have access to a computer for doing the Qatar id checking, you can use your smartphone to do it by downloading an App.
It is the Metrash2 App, which is the MOI official mobile App. This App has a “Wallet” feature you can use to do the Qatar qid check.
In this e-Wallet, you have your Qatar ID Card, Qatar Driving License, vehicle plate, and fancy number ownership.
So, to check your QID using the Metrash2 App you have to follow the next steps:
- Download the Metrash2 App on your mobile phone.
- Log in to the App by providing your QID number and PIN Code.
- On the main menu, select the “Wallet” tab at the top.
- Select the document you want to display. In this case, check on the ID card box.
- After that, you will see your Qatar ID where you can check all the information about it.
This app is very useful because you can get an electronic ID card, which you may use it for official transactions or when demanded by the police.
However, it is worth noting that your digital QID does not replace your physical card. You still need it when travelling to Qatar.
5. Get to renew your Qatar ID on time
Once you have carried out the moi qid check, you will see your qid status. In case your ID card is no longer valid, or it is near its expiration date, you have to go on with the renewal.
By performing the Qatar id check renewal you ensure you will not have any trouble with the Qatari Authorities.
With your qid renewal status, you can proceed to do the renewal. You can do it either online using the MOI Website, or offline.
Keep in mind that you can renew your QID before 3 months of its expiration, as it is the grace period. However, be careful with the grace period as you have to renew it before or you can get a fine on your QID. In this case, you have to check your identity card fine online to see how much you will have to pay to renew it.
5.1 See how to renew your QID Online
You can renew your QID online using the MOI Website by following the next steps:
- Go to the MOI website.
- Select the “E-Services” icon.
- Click on “Residency Services.”
- Select “Renew Residency.”
- Provide the QID number.
- Choose the renewal period
- Select the delivery option.
- Pay the required fees.
After that, you have to wait until you can get your QID, which normally takes less than a week.
It is worth noting that if you request the renewal of your Qatar ID, you may have to do the qid tracking. Thus, it means that you do have to track your ID card it using your post mail provider’s website.
5.2 Understanding how to renew your QID offline
To renew your QID, you have to follow a few simple steps:
- Download the application form and fill it out.
- You have to attach a copy of your employer’s establishment ID and employer’s ID.
- Submit the application with the documentation to the Expatriates Affairs Department.
After you have applied for the renewal of your QID, you can check your ID card application status to determine when you are going to receive it.
If you want to learn more about how to succeed in the Middle East, whether you are in Qatar or in the United Arab Emirates, you have to visit our blog. You can find useful guides about several topics, such as how to get your employment contract copy online in Qatar or how to check the GDRFA Application approval status.