As a business you need to have an outstanding workforce if you want to meet your strategic goals. For this reason, many companies upskill employees so they can get an excellent performance from their workers. However, this may not be the best solution depending on your particular needs.
In this article, you’re going to learn everything you need to know about upskilling your current employees. In addition, you’re going to know about an alternative that may be perfect for your business. Let’s observe:
- How you can broad your talent pool without upskill employees
- Why does your company need employees with skills?
- What is upskilling?
- What is reskilling?
- Which benefits can your company receive with upskilling?
- What are the cons of upskilling programs?
- How can you broad your talent pool without upskilling your employees?
- How can Connect Resources help you with your workforce?
1. How you can broad your talent pool without upskill employees
When it comes to Upskilling and reskilling the workforce you may not be sure about why and how to do this process. As a business owner, you want your company to grow and develop but to achieve this you must count on skilled workers.
There are many fields where you need to have high-level employees, particularly when it comes to the digital world. It’s important to have excellent workers because this way you ensure your processes are done with great quality.
1.1 Why do companies upskill employees?
If you’ve been having trouble finding the right talent to fit your vacancies, perhaps you’ve considering upskilling your current workforce.
Some of the reasons Companies upskilling employees UAE are the following:
- Overcome global skills shortage
- Find a solution that matches their needs in terms of a particular job position
- It’s a great alternative to hire new staff
- Decrease the risk of employee turnover
Learn more about how to successfully process your international payroll.
2. Why does your company need employees with skills?
When you run a business, you need to have great workers that help you take your company in the road to success. You can’t settle with average employees that don’t have any desire to give their best performance.
In addition, you need to have skilled workers so they know how to face any challenge or issue that may arise. Some of the other reasons why your business needs high-level professionals are the following:
- To have a workforce that knows how to handle essential and difficult tasks
- Skilled workers deliver a job well done
- They help you attain a high customer satisfaction
- Expert workers can provide valuable insight to help improve your business
- Skilled workers put you on track for stronger work
- You can get a faster response time since everyone knows what to do
As you can see, there are many benefits for having a skilled workforce. However, this may not be as easy as you think. Finding high-level candidates is difficult. For this reason, upskill employees may look like the perfect solution for your needs.
Learn more about the basics about an international employment contract.
3. What is upskilling?
Once you know that you need skilled workers and that they’re hard to find, you may consider upskill employees.
However, before looking for Training/upskilling workforce examples you must need to have knowledge about basic concepts.
So, what is upskilling? It’s simply to invest in a worker to learn additional skills that will allow him or her to advance in the field. It means that if you have employees that works in a particular area, you can invest in training and they can learn additional skills to move into bigger jobs within your organization.
Learn more about the Recruitment Service offered by Connect Resources.
4. What is reskilling?
When you consider Upskilling and reskilling the workforce you have to know the difference between these two concepts.
So, what is reskilling an employee? It refers to the process when a worker learns new skills so he or she can move on to an entirely different job. As you can see, it’s also a training process but the main difference with upskilling is that the employee won’t advance in his or her own field but into another one.
Learn more about the best reasons to work with an International PEO.
4.1 What is the difference between upskill and reskill
If you’re still not sure about the difference between these two practices, then you may need to see some Training/upskilling workforce examples. Let’s observe the following:
- Upskill: an employee working in software developing learns how to work with a new programming language
- Reskill: an employee working in sales learns the necessary skills to work as a software developer.
It means that when your company wants to upskill employees it needs to have a plan based on the positions it wants to fill.
Learn more about the popular myths that surround the staffing industry.
5. Which benefits can your company receive with upskilling?
Companies upskilling employees UAE receive a lot of benefits. In fact, training your workers can provide benefits both for your business and workers. Some of the specific benefits you can get with this activity are the following:
5.1 Employee retention
If you want to decrease the turnover rate and have satisfied employees you have to invest in upskilling. When your workers are challenged to grow and develop, they will find happiness in their job.
You can make a solid investment in your workforce and this will definitively boost their productivity and morale. They will be glad to work for a company that provides them the necessary tools to move on in their fields.
5.2 Future organizational success
When you invest in upskilling, you’re ensuring your business future success. Some of the reasons for this are the following:
- By training employees to meet your specific needs you’ll be able to boost your productivity
- When you have skilled workers, you can readily get a solution to any issue that may arise
- A high-level employee can boost their own team
- You give them the exact skills you require so your team can be complete
- Upskilling it’s a way of anticipating the changes of your workforce. You’ll covering your skills gap when something occurs with any of your employees like retirement, resignment or any other.
5.3 Customer satisfaction
Your customers are a big part of your business too. When you have skilled workers that know how to deal with them, you’re going to increase customer satisfaction.
With high-level employees you have everything you need to carry out several tasks such as customer support, market analysis and more. All of this translates into a better approach of your business to your target audience.
5.4 Saves in talent acquisition
With upskilling you can optimize your talent acquisition process. If you have employees with the necessary skills you won’t have to invest time in recruitment, screening and onboarding. It’s a lengthy process that can consume all of your resources.
In addition, with upskilling and reskilling you’re able to fill those vacancies by promoting your current employees. This in turn saves you having to deal with hiring and recruitment. As you may know, talent shortage could affect your business, and if you have the right staff prepared to assume a new role, you’re saving time and money effectively. Your organization will thrive.
Learn more about how to deal with the most common challenges of HR management.
6. What are the cons of upskilling programs?
Although upskilling looks like a great option for your business, sometimes it might no be the best according to your current situation. It’s a great method to give more value to your workforce but it’s not a cure-all solution.
Some of the scenarios where upskilling and reskilling may not be the best option are the following:
- When you need a skilled employee immediately to solve an issue or challenge
- Your employees don’t have enough time available to participate in training and learn new skills
- When you’re planning an expansion and you need experts in your branch office
- You don’t have substantial money to make the initial investment for training
- The time that it will take to see the return of your investment it’s too long
- When you don’t have time or enough knowledge to define a strategic upskilling plan
Upskilling programs are best suited for larger companies that are financially able to make this substantial investment. If you’re a small or medium-sized business that is looking for skilled workers, perhaps upskilling may not be the best for you.
6.1 How to know if your company can carry out an upskilling program?
Large companies can devote their financial resources to develop upskilling and reskilling programs. But, you’re not sure if your business can do it. Some of the signs that indicate that an upskilling program may not be the best for your organization are the following:
- You don’t have enough time to devote your employees to a training program
- You need a faster and less costly solution
- Your HR team doesn’t have the capability to handle an upskilling and reskilling program
- The organization doesn’t have enough money to make an initial investment in training programs
Learn more about the Government and Visa Services offered by Connect Resources.
7. How can you broad your talent pool without upskilling your employees?
As a company you may want to upskill employees but you realize that you don’t have enough capability to do it. So, what can you do? Don’t worry, you can handle your labor shortage with another strategy.
There’s a solution if you’re looking for a way to obtain skilled workers quickly and without allocating all of your budget to it. You can take advantage of the international market. It means you can use global hiring and get experts for your business from around the world.
Here in Connect Resources we can provide you a great solution thanks to our PEO-EOR services.
7.1 How can an agency help you find skilled workers?
With a recruitment agency you won’t have to worry about the time-consuming process of hiring because they will do everything for you.
The services that you can get with a staffing firm are the following:
- Access to a vast talent pool to select the high-level candidate
- Fast and easy way to fill your vacancies
- You’re able to legally hire foreign workers
- You get employees in new markets with total compliance
- Save time and money when hiring
- The agency’s specialists provide you the professionals with hard-to-find skills that you need
Thanks to International PEO Services you won’t have to worry about finding the perfect skilled worker. The agency can even handle all the related HR tasks such as benefits, taxes and payroll.
As you can see, contacting an agency is a fast, reliable and cost-effective alternative to upskilling and reskilling. You won’t even have to set up an entity in the foreign market because they will handle everything for you.
It’s also a great tool that can help you with your international expansion, so it’s a perfect solution for your growing business.
Learn more about the main difference between an EOR and staffing firms.
8. How can Connect Resources help you with your workforce?
If you don’t have enough resources to upskill employees then you can count on Connect Resources to get a perfect solution. We have a team of specialists readily available to provide you a customized service that fits your requirements.
We can provide you the right workers with the right skills to boost your business. In Connect Resources we have been providing staff to several companies in a variety of industries for the past 20 years. Our expertise can be your best ally so you can overcome the skills shortage and have an outstanding workforce.
Would you like to contact Connect Resources for Hiring and Recruitment Services? You can call at +971 433 166 88 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you’ll talk to one of their representatives that will gladly answer all of your questions.