Dos and don’ts of a reliable Employer of Record Platform
Choosing an Employer of Record Platform could be challenging for any business that is planning its international expansion. Since there are many agencies offering this service, it’s difficult to identify the one that could give you the solutions that you expect.
For this reason, you should know the characteristics of a reliable EOR. In this article, you’re going to learn the best tips for choosing a service provider and how to determine if it’s a trustworthy partner that is going to assist you in your expansion goals. Let’s observe:
- Dos and don’ts of a reliable Employer of Record Platform
- Do the EOR cover the country you’re considering?
- How do the EOR deliver its service?
- Do the EOR understand your needs?
- How long has the EOR been working?
- Do the EOR have experience with international expansion?
- Do the EOR offer a comprehensive service?
- Why is Connect Resources your best solution as an Employer of Record?
1. Dos and don’ts of a reliable Employer of Record Platform
When it comes to selecting an Employer of Record, we have to research about the many services provider in the UAE. It means that we have to find out everything we can about the agency so we can know if it’s a good choice for our business.
The best way to find the perfect EOR for your company is by identifying some key aspects both in your business and in the provider, to determine if you could work well together.
For this reason, you should know what an EOR should and shouldn’t do and how you can determine if it’s a reliable third-party.
1.1 What is an Employer of Record?
There is a lot of confusion among companies regarding what an Employer of Record Platform is and what kind of services they offer.
Many businesses still don’t know the difference between an employer of record vs. PEO. Hence, it’s important to know everything about it so you can know how to search properly. Let’s observe what an EOR is:
- A third-party that acts as an employer of your employees
- It hires and pays your employees
- The EOR takes several responsibilities from the company and carries out formal employment tasks
One of the advantages of using EOR services is that the company doesn’t have to establish an entity in the country where it plans to expand. Additionally, the EOR can help it to hire the staff it needs without violating local employment laws.
If you want to know how the EOR operates in the UAE, you should make some research about it to understand the ways it can help your business. Since many businesses have opted for this kind of partnership, there’s enough information so you can learn more about it.
2. Do the EOR cover the country you’re considering?
The main aspect you have to consider in an Employer of Record Platform is if it covers the country you’re considering for assigning your employees or opening a branch.
If the EOR isn’t active in the country you’re entering, then it’s not the best choice for you. Let’s observe the characteristics you should look for in an EOR provider when it comes to the country you’re targeting:
- It should have account managers in the region
- The EOR should be an active entity in the country and have enough knowledge about local laws and regulations
- It must have offices in the region
Choosing an Employer of Record means that you must evaluate several factors that will help you identify the best provider. However, there are some recommendations of what you should and shouldn’t do when making this decision and it’s useful to know them so you don’t make any mistakes.
3. How do the EOR deliver its service?
Each Employer of Record Platform has its own way of delivering its service. Some providers opt for personal direct contact, while others use an online platform. However, there’s one aspect in this matter that can indicate you that the agency is reliable, and that is: customization.
3.1 Customized service
When you’re looking for a reliable Employer of record company, you must ask if they have an option for customizing the service delivery.
If the provider doesn’t offer a personalized approach to your business, then it’s not good to contact them. On the other hand, if the agency offers a service adapted to your needs and you’re able to customize your solution, then you know it’s a provider committed to offer a service aligned to your needs.
How to know if the EOR provider offers a customizable service?
- The EOR asks for your requirements and tries to understand your needs to offer a suitable solution
- It offers dedicated specialists to solve your inquiries and issues
- The EOR offers ease of communication
Staff outsourcing is the best solution for any business that is looking for top-level workers. Connect Resources can help you obtain the professionals that are going to give you their best performance to increase your business’ productivity and boost your operations.
4. Do the EOR understand your needs?
When you decide to hire an Employer of Record Platform you do it because you’re not prepared for dealing with all the aspects involved with an international expansion.
However, this doesn’t mean that you don’t care about your process, on the contrary, it’s highly important for you and for this reason you want to get a service that complies with your needs.
So, a crucial aspect of a reliable EOR is that it should understand your specific requests. If the EOR doesn’t make any efforts to provide a solution based on your requirements, then you don’t have to work with it.
4.1 How can you know if the EOR can understand your needs?
There are several aspects that indicate if the EOR is offering a service adapted to your needs. Let’s observe:
- The EOR has worked with clients similar to your business
- It provides the type of service you’re looking for
- The EOR has expertise in the areas you’re interested
- It asks for your company distinct needs and the service is suited to solve your issues
If the provider can understand perfectly what you need, then you can trust that the Employer of record contract is going to be drafted taking your considerations into account.
Once you know what your needs are in terms of international expansion, you can start researching about the third-party that can help you. The best part is that you can get a customizable solution from an EOR provider that assist you and helps you reach your strategic goals.
5. How long has the EOR been working?
A key aspect of a reliable Employer of Record Platform is the time they have been working providing the service. It’s important to choose an EOR that have been around helping companies with their international expansion.
So, you don’t have to choose a newer company that is still not established, because it may not offer a solution that you’re expecting.
5.1 The risk of newer EORs
A reliable EOR is the one that has been working for several years and that has been recommended by other companies. So, let’s observe why a newer PEO may be a risk for your business:
- It can lead to uncertainty regarding the service delivery
- A newer EOR is in risk of running out of money
- It may not have enough resources or specialists to assist you
- A newer EOR might not have contacts and a solid network that could help you
There are many misconceptions regarding the work carried out by EORs, and in fact many people still don’t know the difference between Employer of record vs. PEO. For this reason, it’s advisable to be well-informed about this service, so you can know what to expect when you decide to opt for this business model.
6. Do the EOR have experience with international expansion?
Even if an Employer of Record Platform has been working for a while now, it’s not enough to determine if it’s the right one for you. Additionally to the time it has been working, you should ask if it has experience with international expansion.
If the EOR doesn’t know how to help you with opening an office or hiring employees abroad, then you don’t have to make business with it because it won’t offer you what you want.
How can you know if the EOR has experience with international expansion in the UAE? Let’s observe:
- It has a legal entity in the UAE and offers you entering the market without the need to establish one
- The EOR has sufficient experience handling payroll, employment and immigration for international companies
- It ensures full compliance with local regulations
Running a business in the UAE means that you must follow the laws and regulations established by the authorities. One of the most important rules is to hire national workers, and if you need help with this, Connect Resources can assist you with Emiratisation.
6.1 How can an EOR help you with your expansion goals?
An Employer of record company is the best solution for your expansion needs. It can help you overcome several challenges related with regulations, immigration, employment, permits, payroll, and many more complexities that are a major obstacle to your goals.
One of the most challenging aspects of expanding your business abroad is when it comes to hiring workers. An EOR can help you finding the best staff for your new branch or office since they follow the best practices for hiring international employees.
7. Do the EOR offer a comprehensive service?
Another important aspect related with how to know if an EOR is reliable for your business is if they offer a comprehensive service and if it’s the core of their business.
Let’s observe the services that an EOR should offer to you:
- Visa and work permits arrangement and processing
- A registered entity that is legally able to process your payroll and stay in compliance
- Legal advice and assistance with labor and employment laws
- Management of your international workforce and assistance with any HR matter
- Hiring and assigning staff for your business
Once you define the services you need, the Employer of record contract is going to contain exactly what you expect to receive.
A great benefit of partnering with an EOR is that you won’t need to have an office in the UAE to carry out all of your processes. It means that you can get the visas for the employees that you’re going to send to this place by using EOR services.
8. Why is Connect Resources your best solution as an Employer of Record?
Finding a solution for your expansion and management of your international workforce could make the difference for getting an excellent result. If you’re looking for an agency that can deliver an outstanding service, you have to trust in Connect Resources.
We’ve been providing EOR services for a several companies across many industries with their expansion to the UAE. We have a team of dedicated specialists that will help you handle everything related with opening an office or hiring employees for your new branch. Additionally, we can handle several HR tasks that could be time-consuming for your business, ensuring an excellent result.
Would you like to contact Connect Resources for EOR services? You can call at +971 433 166 88 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you’ll talk to one of their representatives that will gladly answer all of your questions.