When you’re looking for a job, you may find new opportunities but, if it’s not exactly what you’re looking for, you may wonder: Should you accept a temporary job when you are looking for a permanent one?
Every active job seeker wants to find a great company where they can develop, grow, and be a crucial part of a business, but that might be very difficult to find. It’s complicated because there’s too much competition, especially in the UAE, where many professionals come to seek a great opportunity that allows them to have a high quality of life.
If you’ve been looking for a job for a while now, and a temporary opportunity has come up, but you’re not sure if you should take it, then in this article you’ll find all the answers that you need to make a well-informed decision. Let’s observe:
- Should you accept a temporary job in UAE when you are looking for a permanent one?
- What’s the difference between a temporary and permanent job?
- What’s the difference between a contracted and permanent job?
- What’s the difference between a contracted and permanent job?
- What are the reasons to undertake a temporary job?
- How can Connect Resources help you find a job?
1. Should you accept a temporary job when you are looking for a permanent one?
Should you accept a temporary job when you are looking for a permanent one? This is a common question that many young professionals face when they’ve been presented with a new job opportunity that doesn’t match their expectations.
You could be expecting to receive a permanent job offer that allows you to have the stability that you desire, but if you find the chance to undertake a temporary job, then you should know that it’s not a wrong decision.
Many temporary staff agencies in Dubai are contacted by companies that are looking for people to work for them for a short-term period. If you’re part of their database, you could be selected for that opportunity that, contrary to what you may think, it can help you boost your career.
2. What’s the difference between a temporary and permanent job?
If you’re new in the job-seeking world, you may not know that there are different types of job offers, this is why you should see the difference between a permanent and temporary employee, so you can understand what is involved in each one.
Perhaps you’ve been wondering how companies do permanent recruiting in Dubai, so it’s essential to know everything about this matter so you can understand all that involves being a temporary or permanent employee.
- Temporary employee
The temporary employee works for a short period for the company, and they’re usually hired for a season where the business is facing a lot of production or demand and needs more people to relieve the workload that the permanent employees have.
- Permanent employee
The permanent employee is working for the company in a full-time long-term position, and the company expects them to stay for a long time. For these reasons, they receive more benefits and usually a higher payment.
2.1 Can you leave a temporary job?
Perhaps you’re not still sure if you can take the temporary job because you feel like it wouldn’t be right to leave the position if you receive a better offer, but you don’t have to worry about getting stuck in a specific role.
If you take a temporary job and you need to leave sooner because there’s a new opportunity that is more attractive for you, you only need to resign professionally and follow the necessary rules, like working a two-week notice or any other that applies.
Although taking a temporary job might seem something less than ideal, it often helps you put yourself in the right path. You shouldn’t worry about having to stay in that position, because if you find a permanent role, you can leave whenever you decide.
3. What’s the difference between a contracted and permanent job?
Another type of job offer is the contracted job, and you should also know the difference between contract and permanent employee. Although it might seem the same, some key elements differentiate them, and it’s essential to know.
A contracted employee works for a specific period, while the permanent employee is in a long-term relationship with the company. Additionally, the contracted staff usually doesn’t receive all the benefits that a permanent employee earns. Still, they have more freedom because they work for a project, and if they finish, they can leave the job whenever they decide.
If you’re interested in knowing more about contract staffing in the UAE, you should know that it’s a common practice in many companies, and this also highly beneficial for employees because you’ll have more freedom while you grow professionally.
4. What are the reasons to undertake a temporary job?
When you’re considering a job offer, you need to know all the pros and cons of undertaking it, so you can see the answer to the question: Should you accept a temporary job when you are looking for a permanent one?
Although there are many benefits of working as a permanent employee, you should also consider all the advantages that taking a temporary job could give you. If you’re having trouble finding a permanent role, and you’ve been presented with a temporary one, you should take it.
4.1 Networking opportunities
Networking means to meet new people and create a good relationship with them for future references regarding your working field. A temporary job can help you achieve this in a significant way.
Why is networking right for your career? Let’s observe:
- You meet people that you may have otherwise never met
- You create new friendships in your area of work
- You learn from experienced workers and bosses
- You start building your network
There are many examples of temporary workers that have met many people that later have helped them to find a permanent job, so don’t underestimate all the business relationships that you can make in a temporary position.
If you’re a specialist in the IT field, Connect Resources can help you since it’s one of the top-leading IT outsourcing companies in the UAE. Once you have your resume in their database, they’ll assist you in finding the perfect temporary or permanent job that you want.
4.2 Get a paycheck when you need it
One of the main reasons to take a job is because you’re looking to have financial stability so that you can live without any worries. So, if you have the opportunity to take a job and you’re not doing good financially, you should take it, it doesn’t matter if it’s temporary or permanent.
This could be the right decision, especially if the company wants you to start working immediately because you’ll be receiving the salary while you’re still actively looking for the job that you want.
Although the difference between contract and permanent employee, it’s reflected also reflected in the payments and benefits, sometimes you could receive an excellent salary even if you’re a temporary worker.
4.3 Continue working while waiting for a new job opportunity
Should you accept a temporary job when you are looking for a permanent one? Of course, you should, because this helps you be productive while you wait for the perfect job opportunity that you’ve been wanting.
Why could this be a good reason? Let’s observe:
- You’ll avoid a gap in your resume: a gap in your resume means that you won’t have anything to fill in between jobs, so your future employer will see that during that period you didn’t work, and although that isn’t necessarily a deal-breaker, you’ll have to explain why you didn’t work during that time.
- It could help your career in the long turn: gaining experience in your field is essential to have a better job, and you can achieve that by accepting a temporary role
- Companies consider extended periods of employment: when you’re applying for a new job, employers think if you’ve been employed before and the tasks that you did in your previous job, they usually don’t take into account if it was a temporary or permanent role. On the contrary, this helps you prove that you’ve been active in your field and that you keep your skills updated.
If you’re still not sure about how the Dubai recruitment works, you need to contact Connect Resources, and its team of experts is going to help you so you can find the perfect job according to your skills and qualifications.
4.4 May lead to a permanent job
There are many examples of temporary workers that have been hired as permanent employees once they have finished their short-term period in the company, and you could be one of them if you decide to take this job opportunity.
You should know that before landing on a permanent role, it’s likely that you go through several employers. Still, you can solve this by undertaking a temporary task and doing your best since it can evolve into a permanent position.
Why may a temporary job lead you to a permanent role? If you’re a temporary employee of a company, you could be a perfect fit for an open permanent position. Let’s observe:
- You already know the company’s culture, goals, and missions, so you’re familiar with the procedures.
- You may receive training during your temporary job, so the company doesn’t need to invest in your development
- There’s less risk involved in hiring a temporary employee as a permanent one instead of hiring a new person
- If you make a great impression, you could be at the top of the candidates whenever a permanent position is available
- Even if there’s not an open position for a permanent role, if you manage to prove your value as a worker for the company, they may create a full-position for you
4.5 Develop new skills
Some companies don’t focus on the difference between permanent and temporary employees because they provide training to both of them, so they can have staff that delivers their best performance.
It’s better to find a job that allows you to learn new things instead of losing your time sitting on your couch doing nothing.
Why is a temporary job good for developing new skills? Because it allows you to grow as a professional in your field of expertise:
- You receive training in a specific task or area that the company wants you to carry out
- You can add these new skills to your resume
- You can get into the industry that you want with a temporary job
If you take a temporary job and you start developing new sets of skills, you’ll become a more attractive candidate for companies, and you’ll be able to find the perfect job match in the UAE.
5. How can Connect Resources help you find a job?
After getting an idea about the question: Should you accept a temporary job when you are looking for a permanent one? You may feel like it could be the right decision, so now it’s time to contact an agency that can help you find the best job opportunity for you.
Why is Connect Resources your best solution for job-seeking? Let’s observe:
- It’s a trustworthy agency that has several clients in a variety of industries
- It has reliable contacts in many companies that can help you find the perfect job
- The screening and selection process helps you being selected by a company looking for a worker with your skills
- It has been working in the outsourcing field for over 20 years
- It has recruiters and experts that will help you succeed in the job interview
- It offers an onboarding process so you can arrive at the company well prepared
Would you like to contact Connect Resources for a job opportunity? You can call at +971 433 166 88 or send an email to email@example.com, and you’ll talk to one of their representatives that will gladly answer all of your questions.