As the crisis caused by COVID-19 persists, companies must evaluate their options for remote workforce in United Arab Emirates so they can continue operations without affecting their business.
The UAE has established regulations that mandate companies to have its 70% workforce working from home, and only 30% working at the office, so it’s a challenge for many organizations that don’t know how to handle this.
If you’re a company struggling to continue working amid this pandemic or you’re looking for solutions that allow you to have operability during this crisis, in this article you’ll learn everything you need to know regarding remote staffing. Let’s observe:
- What are some of the options for remote workforce in United Arab Emirates?
- Why is it necessary to hire remote workers?
- What are the benefits of hiring outsourced remote workers?
- How to hire remote workers for your company?
- What are the steps for hiring remote workers?
- The best tips to successfully enable a remote workforce
- Why is Connect Resources your best solution for remote working?
1. What are some of the options for remote workforce in United Arab Emirates?
Many companies around the world have made an effort to follow the guidelines to safeguard the life of their workers, as well as follow the recommendations of each government to continue working.
The best solution for this crisis is to work remotely, so the Changes in regulations in UAE during COVID is necessary.
When the company isn’t able to adapt to such changes, then it’s likely to cease operations. For this reason, we’ve seen many organization declare in bankruptcy because they don’t know how to cope with this new method of working.
If you’d like your company to continue working during these difficult times, then you need to start evaluating implementing remote working and consider all the options for the remote workforce in United Arab Emirates.
1.1 What is the remote working system?
Since the start of the pandemic, the UAE’s Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE) has issued regulations and policies that private and public companies must follow and which limits the number of office-based workers to 30% of the workforce.
The MoHRE recommends companies to apply the remote working system for the rest of their workforce, but what is it?
When the company applies the remote working system must supply their workers with IT support systems, smart electronic applications, and everything that would be necessary to continue operation, but working from home. This way, the company ensures the continuity of business.
1.2 Who should follow the remote working guidelines?
Any company that doesn’t belong to the following industries: health, food, medical industry, supply, infrastructure, telecommunications, cleaning, and financial sector must apply the remote working system since they’re considered as non-essential business.
Additionally, the company should apply it to workers that are considered at risks, such as pregnant women, workers over 55 years old, and workers with respiratory or chronic diseases.
It means that the remote work industry has become a solution, so it’s essential to know how you can make the most out of it.
1.3 What are the types of remote working?
The remote working system is divided into two types, and you can choose the best one for your workforce since not all job tasks can be done remotely.
- Partial remote working
The worker divides its time between the remote workplace and the central workplace. This type is for job positions that require the worker to go to the office or company’s facilities to supervise a process, or to do a specific task.
- Full-time remote working
In this case, the worker is completely doing their job from the remote workplace, and this one applies for tasks that can be done outside the central workplace. If you don’t have any full-time remote workers, you need to know how to do the Dubai recruitment to find staff.
1.4 How to determine the remote workforce?
As an employer, you need to evaluate which jobs can be done full-time remote and which ones require partial remote working. The ones that require partial should be included in the 30% of your workforce that has to go to the central workplace so you can follow the guidelines established by the government.
You need to make a thorough evaluation of all of your departments and select which ones are required to work in-house and which workers can do their job entirely from the remote workplace.
2. Why is it necessary to hire remote workers?
When considering the options for remote workforce in United Arab Emirates, you might ask yourself if it’s the right choice since it looks like a short-term solution and you don’t want to affect your business.
Nowadays we see the remote work coronavirus, and we wonder how long will this last since there’s not a date for returning to normal. The UAE government has stated that the remote working will continue after the pandemic for some employees.
So, why is it necessary to hire remote workers? There are many reasons why you should implement this solution. Let’s observe:
- It might become a permanent regulation for private sector enforced by the government
- It reduces operational costs
- It can provide services during non-operational hours
- It provides employees with a great balance between work and life
- It can help your company achieve strategic goals
- It helps create new job opportunities, enhancing productivity
- It allows employees to be productive and flexible
- It helps the company make the best use of technology
Since the remote working system might be the new norm in the UAE in the long-term, your company must start adapting to this change, and the best is if you start right away. You can contact Connect Resources, which is one of the outsourcing companies in Dubai, to receive assistance in this matter and start creating your remote workforce.
3. What are the benefits of hiring outsourced remote workers?
If you’re a company thinking about the options for remote workforce in United Arab Emirates, it’s crucial for you to consider all the benefits that this method could bring to your organization.
The remote work industry has been consistently increasing in many countries, even before this crisis arose. Still, in the UAE, many enterprises have never tried this option, so it’s good to know the positive aspect and the bright side so your company can continue working regularly.
3.1 Access to global talent
One of the best aspects of remote working is that you don’t have to worry about finding local talent that suits your requirements, which is something complicated to achieve since you’re no longer limited to a physical presence so this increases your chances of finding the best workers.
You don’t have to limit yourself within the geography you operate in because you just have to contact an agency that helps you find the best match located in any place.
With the remote working system, your company has the flexibility to scale up or down whenever you need it. You can do this for a critical project or for a specific time, and you can evaluate the results to determine if scaling up a team is the best decision or not.
The best part is that you can always scale back to your original team size, so it’s excellent for making tests, especially in these difficult times where you don’t know until when you’ll have to work remotely.
3.3 Maintain productivity and business operations
The COVID-19 crisis has been highly damaging for many enterprises that had to stop operations to safeguard their workforce.
With the remote workforce option, you can plan your teams to work continuously, and you can even have people working for you across different time zones, which allow you to support your business needs anytime.
3.4 Cost saving
During this crisis, many companies have decided to cut expenses to maintain good revenue and don’t go to bankruptcy, so if you’re considering save costs then the remote workforce it’s the best solution for you.
You don’t need to invest in office space, office rentals, or any other associated cost, which can help you modify and adjust your budget to this time. And if you have help from an agency, you can be sure that PEOs can handle all your HR needs, which helps you save expenses.
4. How to hire remote workers for your company?
After knowing all the benefits that the options for remote workforce in United Arab Emirates can do for your business, you might be wondering: how can I hire remote workers?
It’s not as easy as you might think, because many freelance workers are looking for a job, but not all of them might be suitable for your corporation. For this reason, you need to contact an agency that can help you with this process.
One of the most critical remote working tips is to find a trustable firm that can assist in hiring the remote staffing that fits your requirements and your company’s culture.
Connect Resources is an agency that has been providing outsource staff to many companies, and its team of experts can help you hire remote workers that can be the best match for your organization.
5. What are the steps for hiring remote workers?
The remote work coronavirus has made many companies hire workers to fulfil their business needs, so it’s essential to know all the steps that are involved in this process.
Attracting the right workers for your company can be difficult, so when you decide to contact an agency to help you hire remote staff, it usually follows the next steps:
- Description of the work and employee requirements: the company contacts the agency and expresses the requirements and skills for the workers that it needs.
- Set up a contract: The agency maps the needs and project details, and after discussing the process with the company, they sign the contract.
- Receive applications: The agency starts looking for remote workers, and they receive the applications that are going to be evaluated after.
- Round of selection: the agency selects the best candidates based on the company’s criteria.
- Interview process: the agency interviews the candidates and makes the second round of selection.
- List of candidates: a list of candidates is provided to the company to select the remote worker(s).
- Hire the workers: after the selection is made, the company hires the workers, and they get started right away.
6. The best tips to successfully enable a remote workforce
Knowing the remote working tips can help you cope with this challenging method that requires you to have much control of the situation. It’s best if you manage to organize everything so your remote workers can offer the best service.
- Have written remote work policies and procedures: the best way to have a successful remote working team is to establish clear and uniform rules.
- Select the right people for remote working: carry out a selection process for your workforce where you determine which workers are the best for doing remote tasks.
- Equip your workers: give your workers everything they need to work from the remote workplace with equipment like computers, access to software and applications, and connectivity and support.
- Excellent management: you need to supervise, train, and mentor your remote workers, as well as give them a good reward so they can meet your productivity goals.
If you’re looking for more information, you can always find which are Pros and Cons of outsourcing staff in United Arab Emirates.
7. Why is Connect Resources your best solution for remote working?
Once that you know all the steps and everything that it’s involved in the remote working system, you might want to decide to hire specialized workers that help you achieve your business goals during the crisis caused by the novel coronavirus.
You can get in touch with Connect Resources since it’s one of the top-leading staffing agencies in the UAE that can help you find the best candidates for continuing operations in your enterprise.
Why should you contact Connect Resources? Let’s observe:
- It has access to a vast pool of talent
- Its team of experts is working remotely to offer you the best solution for your business
- It has enough expertise and experience providing staff to several companies in a variety of industries
- Its specialists understand your requirements and assists in each step of the process
Would you like to contact Connect Resources for remote workforce solutions? You can call at +971 433 166 88 or send an email to email@example.com, and you’ll talk to one of their representatives that will gladly answer all of your questions.