The UAE Government, in its goal of attracting top talent to the country, has introduced a new Dubai Remote Work Visa, which enables people from around the world to come to the country to live and work remotely, with some benefits and certain limits.
Since the adoption of this new legislation, many people have looked for ways to get this document that will give them the opportunity to stay for a year in the UAE. However, there may be some confusion about the process and how to get it. For this reason, it’s important to be informed in case you want to apply to get this visa.
In this article, we’re going to provide valuable insight on this new remote work visa that allows foreigners to come to the UAE to work. In addition, you can clear some common doubts about this process. Let’s observe:
- How can you get the Dubai Remote Work Visa?
- What is a remote work visa?
- What do you have to do to obtain a remote work visa?
- How can you relocate with Dubai’s virtual working program?
- Which documents are necessary for the visa?
- How much does the remote work visa cost?
- What are the common questions regarding the remote work visa?
- How can Connect Resources help you get a remote work visa?
How can you get the Dubai Remote Work Visa?
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the world has suffered an economic upheaval that affected even the most solid countries such as the UAE. For this reason, the UAE Authorities have developed several legislations that make Dubai look like a long-term destination for foreigners.
In this regard, the Dubai Remote Work Visa program is the most recent effort of offering an outstanding incentive for employees around the world to come to the UAE. Even the people who are currently with a tourist visa in Dubai are considering this city as a semi or permanent place for them. Nevertheless, you may consider an Employer of Record solution in UAE as Dubai Remote visa is not applicable for everyone and there are several restrictions such as rentals, loans, insurances, etc and also know about how to get cheap freelance visa dubai.
For this reason, if you’re one of those people considering Dubai as a place to work remotely, you have to know how to obtain this document.
What are the benefits of the remote work visa?
Here we have the following benefits you can get with this document:
- Obtain all the services you need for you, your spouse, and your children
- Take advantage of Dubai’s solid digital infrastructure
- Get access to global networking opportunities
- Enjoy the zero income tax
- Meet and connect with people from over the world to enrich your knowledge
What are the disadvantages of a remote work visa?
- Not being able to rent a car or housing on a long-term basis (which leads to a severe increment of price on a monthly basis).
- Not eligible for loans.
- Not eligible for purchasing a property through Mortgage.
- Not eligible to comply with visa requirements to travel to another GCC country, as requires letters from your employer in the United Arab Emirates.
- Not eligible to open a bank account in most of the banks.
To avoid any restrictions, you may think to choose an Employer of Record solution in UAE
What is a remote work visa?
The UAE Government introduced the Dubai Remote Work Visa in October 2020 as part of the Dubai virtual work program. People from all over the world can apply to get this document, and once they receive it, they’re allowed to stay for one year. This visa provided is for 1 year and the application does not guarantee sure you that you will be entitled to receive it.
However, to qualify for this document, you need to fulfill the requirements, pay the fees and carry out the application process.
What you can do with your remote work visa?
Before this new legislation, people that wanted to work in the UAE must have an employment contract or business license outside the United Arab Emirates. But now with the remote work visa, you’re able to work from the UAE for your existing employer but with certain restrictions.
So, if you’re an individual working for a company overseas, you can come to the UAE and still remain your job. Therefore, you can live and work in Dubai while you enjoy the high-quality of life of this place.
The following is what you can do with your visa:
- Enter the UAE under self-sponsorship
- Work in the UAE (in line with terms and conditions established with the visa issued)
- Live in the UAE
- Get access to all the UAE standard services (utilities, telecoms, schooling)
- Get an Emirates ID
- Sponsor your wife and children
Can anyone apply to get this visa?
There are restrictions regarding nationality to obtain the remote work visa, along with the salary and providing legalized bank statements. It’s important to note that UAE Immigration reserves the right to reject any application.
In addition, as a remote visa holder, you’re able to sponsor your spouse and children.
Where are you going to work?
Since the visa allows you to work remotely, you could do it from your home, or you could use any of the several co-working spaces chosen by DTCM
There’s a wealth of options ranging from hour-long meeting rooms to bookings that could be weekly, quarterly or monthly. If you choose to stay in a hotel, you can work from the business centers. Other options you have available are cafés and shopping centers. So, as you can see, you could work from anywhere you like.
Where can you live in UAE with a remote work visa?
You can rent a on a monthly basis Hotel. This is the most inconvenient part for the Dubai Remote visa as paying on a monthly basis might duplicate the normal cost of a housing rental.
Find out about how to build your global workforce of freelancers.
What do you have to do to obtain a remote work visa?
Once you know everything that a holder of the Dubai Remote Work Visa can do, you may want to know how you can get one. It’s a simple process since the only thing you have to do is filing an application through the Visit Dubai website.
You’ll have to follow the following steps:
- Apply for the program: fill in your personal contact information such as your full name, email address, and mobile phone number
- Submit the documents: you’ll be requested to submit the necessary documents that mean you meet the requirements
- Get the visa: since the portal is connected to the UAE Immigration Authorities, if your application gets the approval you will receive your visa.
It’s important to check the requirements to apply for the remote work visa since you need to submit the documents with your application. If you need assistance with the application process you can always contact a service provider like Connect Resources to assist you. Contact the experts for Dubai Work Visas and get by Connect Resources.
How can you relocate with Dubai’s virtual working program?
The Dubai Remote Work Visa is part of Dubai’s virtual working program and it enables employees to relocate to the UAE from any part of the world while they continue to work for their current employer.
As a holder of the remote work visa, you can work remotely for your current organization while you live in Dubai.
Where is the remote work visa available in the UAE?
The Dubai Remote Work Visa is an initiative available only in Dubai at the moment. It means that you can only apply for this document and live in Dubai. However, there are other freelancer initiatives in other places of the UAE; you just have to check them.
If you meet the conditions, you can apply and obtain your 1-year remote work visa and relocate to Dubai. You won’t be able to relocate to another city in the UAE with this visa, so keep this in mind.
Who is the program for?
Since Dubai’s virtual working program attracts people from over the world, you may be a wonder if you can apply.
This program is for anyone who lives and works outside the UAE. It’s for employees, start-ups, and entrepreneurs who fulfill the eligibility criteria. And, if your application is approved, you can bring your family with you to the UAE.
Which documents are necessary for the visa?
If you want to request the Dubai Remote Work Visa, you have to prepare your documents and meet the eligibility criteria.
Here we have the following documents you need to carry out this process:
- Valid passport
- Health insurance coverage
- Proof of employment (if an employee)
- Proof of business ownership (if business owner)
What is the eligibility of the Dubai remote work visa?
Applicants must fulfill the following conditions to be able to obtain a remote work visa. Whether you’re an employee or a business owner, you must comply with the two following:
- The current passport must have a minimum of 6-month validity remaining at the moment of the application
- Have health insurance with UAE coverage. It could be a Local Health Insurance or a Travel Insurance
Now, let’s take a look at the requirements if you’re an employee:
- Proof of employment from the current employer with a minimum one-year contract validity
- Minimum $5000 monthly salary
- Last month payslip
- Three preceding bank statements
If you’re a business owner and you want to work remotely from Dubai, then you have to comply with the following:
- Proof of ownership (one year or more)
- Minimum average monthly income of $5000
- Three preceding bank statements
See how to ensure accurate payroll data to prevent errors
How much does the remote work visa cost?
To obtain your Dubai Remote Work Visa you need to pay the necessary fees for the virtual program. Let’s observe the costs you’ll incur when you decide to apply for this document. Here we have the following:
- Remote Work Visa overall government fees (application, processing, and medical costs + Emirates ID): AED 2300 (USD 611)
- Renewal costs: AED 2300 (USD 611)
It’s important to note that this overall fee doesn’t include the following:
- It doesn’t include the Health Insurance Costs
- Doesn’t guarantee the approval of the application
- Additional services to get assistance with attestation, process, etc.
- Additional fees for sponsoring spouse and children
It’s essential to point out that the fees may change if you apply from within Dubai or from overseas. Learn more about how executive search firms work.
What are the common questions regarding the remote work visa?
Although carrying out the process of the Dubai Remote Work Visa seems quite simple, there may still be some doubts about this process that you must clarify before doing it.
- Can you sponsor your dependents with this visa?
As a remote work visa holder, you’re able to sponsor your dependents. However, this is only possible after you have received your visa.
- Can you apply if you’re already a resident in Dubai?
Dubai’s virtual work program is for people who don’t have any UAE visas. If you’re the holder of a residence visa or you’re under the process to get one, you can’t apply.
- Do you need to pay the income tax while in Dubai?
The UAE doesn’t charge income tax on individuals since the personal and income tax in Dubai is 0%. You can obtain your UAE Tax Residency certificate with this visa.
- Can you transfer your tourist visa to a remote work visa?
If you enter the UAE with your tourist visa and you realize you’d like to continue working remotely from Dubai, you can apply to the program and transfer once you’re ready. However, keep in mind that fees may differ. Get to know more about how to attract high-quality talent for your business.
How can Connect Resources help you get a remote work visa?
Here in Connect Resources, we want to help you with your goals of relocating to the UAE. We can assist you throughout the entire process of getting the Dubai Remote Work Visa. Our team of specialists is readily available to help you solve all of your inquiries regarding this important document.
You can fulfill your goals of living and work in one of the top destinations of the world. Dubai is the perfect place for you to thrive and flourish, so don’t wait any longer and start planning your future with Connect Resources.
Would you like to contact Connect Resources for EOR Services? You can call at +971 433 166 88 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you’ll talk to one of their representatives that will gladly answer all of your questions.