The HR department is essential for each company, but this is particularly true when times of crisis arise. Therefore, it’s necessary to know the best reasons why an effective HR department is crucial for the COVID-19 world.
Dealing with a worldwide pandemic hasn’t been easy for any business because it has dramatically impacted the economy. However, if the company has a trustworthy HR business, it can face any challenge and overcome it.
In this article, you’ll learn why your business should have an excellent HR department to face this crisis and any other that may happen in the future so that you can be well-prepared. Let’s observe:
- The best reasons why an effective HR department is crucial for the COVID-19 world
- Why is it essential to have an effective HR department during a crisis?
- What are the most effective HR strategies for a post-COVID-19 workplace?
- What are the biggest HR challenges that companies face while dealing with COVID-19?
- How can Connect Resources help you to have an excellent HR department?
1. The best reasons why an effective HR department is crucial for the COVID-19 world
Although things are getting back to normal in our lives and the business world, the COVID-19 remains a threat to our company’s stability because we don’t know how to deal with all the consequences that this pandemic left.
Eventually, our employees will return to work, but we need to be prepared to have a strong HR department Dubai so we can face current and future challenges. There are many considerations that we need to make as a business, so we can deal with the current issues and those that may happen once we resume normalcy.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic has affected jobs and salaries in the UAE, you need to consider your employees, so they don’t decide to leave, and your business can continue working without any issues.
2. Why is it essential to have an effective HR department during a crisis?
Since early this year, the UAE demanded all businesses to take measures to deal with coronavirus so they can protect their employees while they continue operations.
Many companies had to make drastic decisions, and if they didn’t have an outstanding HR department, they sure faced more troubles than a company that had a trustworthy in-house or outsourced team.
Knowing the best reasons why an effective HR department is crucial for the COVID-19 world is going to help you focus on the tasks that are related to your workforce so that you can be prepared for any scenario.
Even with all the support for employers during the coronavirus crisis that companies have received, it’s still important to focus on the HR department to have a great response.
2.1 Excellent crisis response
One of the top priorities of human resources in Dubai has been crisis response, so if you can have a reliable team that can focus on critical areas like communication, reporting, and remote work, you can be sure that your business isn’t going to get negatively affected.
Why is it necessary to have an outstanding HR department for a good crisis response?
- You can develop a response team to address the crisis immediately
- You can create a set of channels to establish communication so your operations as a business won’t get affected
- You can improve daily reporting capabilities so that you can offer a better work-from-home system
2.2 Managing and transition to remote working
If you have a great HR team, you’re going to be able to follow all the guidelines for employees established by the authorities. One of them was to implement remote working, and if you don’t have a reliable HR team, you won’t know how to make this transition.
One of the main concerns for employees is the transition from office work to remote work, but if you count with a team of specialists that knows how to do this properly, you can get your workers to do this smoothly.
How can a robust HR department help you have a better transition to remote working? Let’s observe:
- You can address employees’ concerns
- You can provide updates to your employees in terms of their tasks and job functions
- Your employees will have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities
- You can meet the critical needs of productivity
- You can adequately address absenteeism
- You ensure remote-friendly tools
With all of these extraordinary measures, you can make your employees’ lives more comfortable, and this ensures you receive the best performance delivery from them while they work from home.
2.3 Health of employees and other issues
The human resources department meaning is that its primary focus should be your workforce, so one of the most important reasons to have a robust HR team is to ensure the good health of your employees, as well as dealing with other issues.
What are some of the issues that your employees might face and that you can address with a great HR department? Let’s observe:
- Financial security
- Personal and family health
- Childcare and homeschooling
- Stress and mental health
- Work-life balance
One of the best reasons why an effective HR department is crucial for the COVID-19 world is that your company is going to be able to handle all the employee issues that may arise.
2.4 Jobs and continuity
Dealing with uncertainty is one of the biggest challenges that employers and employees had to face since no one knows what this crisis was going to bring.
With the help of Connect Resources, you can ensure your employees to have jobs and continuity, and you additionally will learn how to align your remote team’s goal, for those that are going to continue working outside the office place.
3. What are the most effective HR strategies for a post-COVID-19 workplace?
One of the best reasons why an effective HR department is crucial for the COVID-19 world is because you can start developing strategies that help you deal with the employees once they get back to the office.
3.1 New policies for the new normal
The old policies of your human resources department’s meaning should change and adapt to the next normal.
The remote working system is going to stay for a while, even after the pandemic has been reduced, so it’s vital to have a competent HR department to develop strategies that can address this model correctly.
What can your capable HR team do for your workplace in terms of new policies? Let’s observe:
- Develop processes that enable flexible working
- Inculcate policies that allow workers to give their best potential
- Establish guidelines that should be followed to ensure effective remote working
- Guide managers to handle the distributed workforce
3.2 Digitization and automation of processes
One of the best reasons why an effective HR department is crucial for the COVID-19 world is because you’re going to be able to optimize your processes, and include strategies to digitize the workplace and automate your processes.
How can your HR team help you improve processes? Let’s observe:
- Automated employee onboarding
- Provide productivity tools for employees
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration tools
- Have an automated helpdesk
3.3. Technologies for learning
If you’re wondering why you should have an excellent HR department Dubai, it’s because you need to start utilizing the power of virtual learning and taking advantage of all its benefits so you can have a superior performance from your employees.
Having an HR team that knows the importance of training for the workforce, and that knows how to apply cost-effective solutions in this matter, is going to ensure that the company receives the maximum benefit.
What should companies do in terms of training and learning with their HR department?
- Inform about the power of virtual learning
- Use of latest technologies for reskilling workers
- Enable tools for smart learning
- Partner with non-traditional learning organizations
3.4 Health and well-being
The human resources in Dubai are focused on the health and well-being of their employees, and your company shouldn’t be the exception.
An excellent HR department will focus on the following aspects of the health and well-being of the employees:
- Physical, mental, and emotional health
- Tools and policies that help employees to be more organized
- Resources to deal with increased stress
- Implement health and hazard policies
- Use tools to track employees’ sentiments
- Ensure better employee engagement
- Keep employees motivated
- Recognition and rewards for employees
- Develop strategies to mitigate the impacts of the pandemic in the workforce
- Boost employee morale by addressing issues that may worry them
4. What are the biggest HR challenges that companies face while dealing with COVID-19?
Finally, in the best reasons why an effective HR department is crucial for the COVID-19 world, you need to consider that a great team is going to help you overcome the most significant HR challenges that you may face currently.
If you’re looking to reduce commitment with outsourced partners, keep in mind that cutting the HR service might not be the best idea because you won’t have any help to face these challenges.
4.1 Response coordination across teams
Since many companies weren’t prepared for this crisis, and almost 50% of businesses didn’t have a remote working plan established, it was hard to coordinate the response across teams and business units.
With a competent HR department, you can ensure that you overcome the following issues concerning this matter:
- You’ll have global coordination and response even across regions or geographies
- You’ll be able to codify and prepare to learn for your teams
- You can ensure business continuity because you’ll have great feedback from each team
- You’ll have a social collaboration platform where everyone can communicate effectively
- You’ll leaders and manager will be connected to their teams
- You’ll ensure communication across worker types
4.2 Customer service
With the pandemic crisis that the world is currently facing, for many businesses has been challenging to adjust fast enough to help their customers. Many companies saw stagnation in their operations because of this matter and due to the inability to handle it.
Once you ensure that you have a great HR department, you can solve many issues, and you can start addressing your customers’ needs right away. Let’s observe:
- Have a sales team focused on the market
- Have a marketing team-oriented to their client’s needs and to adjust messaging to the crisis
- Have a change in sales thinking with a team sufficiently engaged to their customers
- Ensure excellent communication with customers to solve their requirements and orders
4.3 Response to a rapidly changing situation
A trustworthy HR team is going to ensure that a business can have an excellent response to the evolving circumstances, so the company can have great agility to solve the issues.
With the help of Connect Resources, you can ensure that you have a reliable HR team working for you, and that is going to adapt to any change that may arise so that you can continue operations without any impact.
5. How can Connect Resources help you to have an excellent HR department?
Now that you know the best reasons why an effective HR department is crucial for the COVID-19 world, you may be wondering how you can improve your HR-related functions to be more confident about your business.
With Connect Resources, you can use the HR outsourcing service that has many advantages for your business. Additionally, you can learn from Connect Resources initiatives to face the coronavirus crisis so that you can apply their advice to your company. Let’s observe:
- You’ll have a dedicated account manager to deal with your requirements
- You’ll have access to the latest HR technology and resources
- You’ll have experts and specialists working for you
- You’ll have a better employee management
- You’ll receive assistance from a reliable agency that has been providing this service for over 20 years
Would you like to contact Connect Resources to have a robust HR department? You can call at +971 433 166 88 or send an email to email@example.com, and you’ll talk to one of their representatives that will gladly answer all of your questions.