The best pieces of advice for starting your career in the UAE
When we’re trying to find a job in Dubai, we need to know the best pieces of advice for starting your career in the UAE because they will help us become a more proactive professional that does a great search.
In this article, you’ll learn everything you need to know regarding how to start your career in the UAE and how to find a job that allows you to boost your professional expertise and acquire the knowledge that will put you ahead of your competition. Let’s observe:
- The best pieces of advice for starting your career in the UAE
- Why should you have your information sorted?
- How can you have better social connections?
- Why should you pay attention to your social networks?
- How can you give a better use of the internet to find a job?
- How can you keep yourself motivated?
- Why is Connect Resources your best option to find a job in the UAE?
1. The best pieces of advice for starting your career in the UAE
The UAE is a place known for its employment offer to foreigners since it has one of the most developed industries in the world, and many of their companies are always looking for professionals to work for them.
For these reasons, there are many Dubai careers that you can apply to; you have to know how and where to look for them, so you can start receiving the benefits of living in this beautiful country.
1.1 Why should you know the best tips for finding a job?
If you’re looking to have an Emirates career in your field of expertise, you need to know some tips and advice that can help you be the perfect candidate for the companies that are looking for someone with your qualifications.
How can some tips and advice help you in your job hunting process? Let’s observe:
- You can be readily prepared in case any job interview arises
- You can become a candidate suited to the company’s requirements
- You’ll learn how to search for a job effectively
- You’ll know how to use the internet for job-seeking purposes
- You’ll keep yourself motivated in your job search
Whether you’re looking for an online job in the UAE for your career, or you’re planning to move to Dubai to find a job in any industry, you need to know the best strategies that you can apply so you can have success in your hunting.
2. Why should you have your information sorted?
The first of the best pieces of advice for starting your career in the UAE that you should know is that you must have all of your information sorted and well-organized. It would be best if you did it because you don’t know when an opportunity comes up and you need to provide any of your documents.
2.1 Certificates and documents
When it comes to urgent job vacancies in Dubai, they’re usually looking for people that are ready to be hired, so if you already have all of your documents sorted. The employer asks about this in the interview; then, you have better chances to get selected.
What kind of information should you have ready and available?
- Degree certificate: have it attested by the UAE government
- Resume: prepare an outstanding CV and include all the necessary skills and qualifications based on the job requirements
- Certificates: if you’ve done any extra courses or any other preparation, or you have achievement certificates or credentials, you should have them scanned and prepared in case you need to send them by email
- Personal documents: make sure you have all your documents ready and prepared, like your passport, driving license, photographs, and others.
If you have the help of Connect Resources, you won’t need to worry about the steps for getting the working Visa in Dubai, because they’ll be in charge of preparing this document for you so you’ll be ready to start working.
3. How can you have better social connections?
Having strong social connections is also one of the best pieces of advice for starting your career in the UAE because you never know when somebody can give you a hand and can help you find a job.
3.1 Contact list
You can prepare a spreadsheet where you track all the applications that you’ve done, and next to it, you write the contact information like a phone number or email address. With this, you can make the follow-up process after the interview, or you can let them know that you’re still interested.
How can you use this contact list correctly? Let’s observe:
- Call them or email them to let them know you’re interested in the vacancy
- Tell them you’re calling for getting feedback about your application
- Remember not to look desperate; you’re just doing a follow-up
- Don’t get disappointed if you don’t receive the answer that you expect
If you don’t have any experience in your field, you need to start doing some networking with people related to your career. It is one of the best advice for young professionals that are looking for a job, because you’ll be making friends that can give you a hand.
How can you expand your network? Let’s observe:
- Attend conferences of topics related to your career to find people to talk about it
- Connect with professionals that work in companies that are interesting to you
- Discuss professional plans to friends and acquaintances
4. Why should you pay attention to your social networks?
Having polished and professional social networks is another one of the best pieces of advice for starting your career in the UAE because employers nowadays request the HR department to check the profiles of the candidates to know more about them and their personality.
If you ignore the way you handle your social networks, you’ll be making one of the most frequent errors that people make when finding a job, and this can negatively impact your hunting.
4.1 Career making platforms
What are some of how you can improve your social networks for making them look more professional? Let’s observe:
- LinkedIn: It’s a popular social network in Dubai, and you can find many exciting job applications here. Keep it updated with your latest experience and education since it works as a CV. You can also make some interesting posts related to your career to keep your feed interesting.
- Instagram: keep your Instagram feed looking professional, avoid posting exposing pictures or anything that can give you a bad image.
- Facebook: Your Facebook profile should also be clean, and you can also use this network to find a job since you can join several groups of people in Dubai, and you can make great connections from here.
Additionally, you never know when by your social networks you can find one of the urgent job vacancies in Dubai that are available, so for these reasons, it’s better to keep it updated and always with your career in mind.
5. How can you give a better use of the internet to find a job?
If you don’t know how to use the internet for finding a job, then you need to continue reading our guide of the best pieces of advice for starting your career in the UAE so you can start using this tool for your advantage.
Although the coronavirus pandemic has impacted the job hunt, you still have a chance to find a great opportunity that can give you the quality of life that you expect to have. For this reason, it’s advisable to know how to provide a great use of the internet and everything that you can find in there.
5.1 Job platforms
Many companies opt for job platforms to post their vacancies, and the best part is that you can check from there all the requirements for the job position. It also helps you have an insight about the company and the skills that you need to have if you’d like to work in that field.
How can you take advantage of job platforms for starting your career? Let’s observe:
- Sign in to as many job platforms as you can because you have to apply to several until you get a call for an interview
- Look for prospect employers so you can learn more about their businesses
- Upload your updated CV, but be sure to adapt it or customize it to make it suitable to the job position that you’re going to apply
Connect Resources is one of the best platforms where you can start your Emirates career because they have a team of experts readily available to help you find the perfect job based on your qualifications and skills.
5.2 Company websites
Another great way of finding Dubai careers is by checking the companies’ websites that you’re interested in applying to, so you can learn more about them and find out whenever they have a vacancy for a position that may suit you.
You can also register in companies’ websites and send them your CV in the “Career” section, and some of them even have a career portal so you can know their vacancies.
6. How can you keep yourself motivated?
One of the best pieces of advice for starting your career in the UAE is that you should never lose your motivation. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been trying to find a job for a long time; you have to keep up and continue searching because your dreamed opportunity might be just ahead of the corner.
6.1 Be productive
While you’re waiting to receive a call to go to an interview, you can’t just sit on the couch; you have to be productive. It would be best if you aimed to grow intellectually and learn more about your field, so you can increase your chances of getting selected.
What kind of things can you do to continue being productive and boost your career? Let’s observe:
- Register for short courses in institutions for expatriates. It will help you to learn more about the culture and new relevant things that can be useful
- Develop new skills based on the requirements that you’ve seen in the job postings. Try to become the best candidate for the position that you’d like to land.
- Craft your resume as you start getting new skills to keep it updated
6.2 Don’t lose hope
One of the hardest parts of searching for a job is getting rejected from several applications. Although it’s hard to find your dream job, you can’t lose hope, and if you haven’t found the perfect opportunity, you have to keep trying.
How can you keep yourself motivated? Let’s observe:
- Be positive
- Know that everything happens for a reason
- Don’t get discouraged with rejection. Learn to use it in your favor
- Think that the best is yet to come and that your dream chance is close
If you find a job opportunity and you’re not sure whether to accept it or not, you have to continue searching because you’re very close of landing the position that you have in mind, and you have to continue
7. Why is Connect Resources your best option to find a job in the UAE?
Once you know the best pieces of advice for starting your career in the UAE, you need to do something extra, and that is having an ally that can help you in your search.
Connect Resources is the top-leading recruiting agency in the UAE that has been working with several companies in a variety of industries, providing them with the staff that they need. If you’d like to be part of the talent pool of this agency, you have to reach them and start receiving the benefits of counting with experts by your side.
Would you like to contact Connect Resources for recruiting services? You can call at +971 433 166 88 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you’ll talk to one of their representatives that will gladly answer all of your questions.