Learn about the new rules in Saudi Arabia for final exit so you can follow the proper procedure. In this way, you will be able to avoid inconveniences, which can be fines or entry bans. Also, the application process is easy, although it depends entirely on your employer.
In this article, you will find the steps to follow to cancel the visa of individuals and their dependents. You will also be able to learn about how to check the validity of said visa and what you must do to leave everything in order before departure.
Final exit visa in Saudi Arabia
This visa is for foreigners working in Saudi Arabia who wish to leave the country. The new rules in Saudi Arabia for final exit stipulate that it must have the approval of the employer of the worker. In this way, the employer is the one who determines the validity of the process for its employees.
Saudi Arabia Final Exit Visa Requirements
Before making the application for an exit visa Saudi Arabia to the employer, you should take into account some factors. Furthermore, these steps must be taken to complete the process under Saudi law. However, others are optional.
Among the mandatory steps that you must carry out are the following:
- From the date of issuance of the final exit visa Saudi Arabia, there must be a fee payment attached for 60 days.
- Termination of contract with a correct notice period.
- Cancel all fines for traffic violations.
- Make the sale of your vehicle or transfer your ownership.
- The Iqama of the applicant must be valid according to the law.
Optionally you can do the following:
- Obtain a Saudi Arabian Police Background Certificate.
- Get your end-of-service benefits and transfer them to your bank account in your home country.
- Pay all postpaid internet/mobile/electric bills.
- Cancel your Ejar contract. In case you want to continue the lease, you can pay the landlord for a few months and he will not cancel the lease.
- Disconnect the landline phone and internet connection.
- Pay loans and credit card bills.
- Close your bank account before leaving Saudi Arabia at the final exit.
- Flights normally allow 46 kg of luggage per passenger, so it is best to use the cargo service to ship your belongings from Saudi Arabia.
Final exit visa application process
The application process for the final exit visa is as follows:
Final exit visa for individual
According to the new rules in Saudi Arabia for final exit employees can use Absher for visa petition if they meet the following criteria:
- The employee must not have any car/vehicle in his name.
- A final exit visa is issued for all dependents
- All those with family visit visas have left Saudi Arabia
How to apply through Absher
To apply you must do the following:
- Open and log in to Absher.
- Click on the services option in the my services entry.
- In the options that will appear, select passport.
- Click on visa applications.
- Proceed to the next page.
- Scrolling further down the same page there will be the option to create a visa application.
- In the request type of visa option, select definitive exit visa.
- Accept the terms and conditions provided.
- Click on confirm and request the final exit visa.
In addition, by not meeting the aforementioned requirements to request the document of final exit from Saudi Arabia an error message will appear. Typically, the message says Sorry, you are not eligible to create a visa application, please contact the General Directorate of Passports.
How to apply through Muqeem
On the page of Muqeem, you can also apply according to the new rules in Saudi Arabia for final exit, just follow the steps below:
- Open and log in to Muqeem.
- Then click on electronic transactions.
- Select electronic final exit visa.
- Enter the requested security code.
- Then enter the data of the resident.
- The system will display the data.
- Click on the accept box.
- Select confirm.
- Then select print.
Also, by performing all the previous steps correctly there will be no errors for the Saudi Arabia final exit visa application.
Final Exit Visa Rules for Individuals
When using Absher, applicants must follow the final exit rules in Saudi Arabia. These rules are detailed below:
- When the employer approves the visa, the worker must issue the Saudi Arabia exit visa within a maximum period of 5 days.
- Within 10 days employers must approve or reject the request.
- When the employer rejects the visa, the MOL will review the application and decide within 10 days.
- When the employer does not accept the application within 10 days, the visa is considered accepted.
Permanent exit visa for dependents
With the new rules in Saudi Arabia for final exit, dependent persons must meet the following conditions:
- The dependent person may not have title to any automobile or vehicle.
- Within 60 days the dependent must pay the visa fee.
- You must have a valid Iqama.
- You must have a passport with an average validity of 60 days.
- The dependent must be within Saudi Arabia.
- You must comply with all violations committed or not paid.
How to apply
Dependent applicants must follow the following final exit procedure in Saudi Arabia on the Absher page:
- Open and log in to Absher.
- Click on services in the Family Members tab.
- Select visa services.
- Click on next.
- The page will display the following tab with a list of all dependents.
- Then select the corresponding dependent by clicking on more detail.
- Select the option issue final visa in the option that appears.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Click on accept to proceed with the exit visa application.
- Again accept the terms and conditions.
- Select the issue final visa tab.
Select the print option to obtain a physical copy of the visa application made in the previous steps.
Final verification of exit visa status
There are two forms of final exit visa check through the MOL (Ministry of Labor) website. Thus, on the Absher web platform, the verification details are as follows:
Verification of the final exit visa through the website of the MOL (Ministry of Labor)
- First, people will need to go to the MOL website.
- They must complete the requested identification number.
- Click on the green box.
- The employer has issued the final exit visa, you will find the result of خروج نهايي in the employment status.
- Likewise, when the employer has not yet issued the visa, people will find the result in علي رأس العمل .
In this way, you can also perform an exit check exit re entry visa validity.
Definitive exit visa consultation through the Absher platform
With the new rules in Saudi Arabia for final exit people can check the exit visa status in Absher.
- People should go to the Absher website.
- Select the individuals option.
- Choose the language English or Arabic.
- Sign in to the Absher platform.
- Go to the control panel option.
- Then click on the more details tab.
- Scroll down and look for the visa class option in the visa information box.
When they confirm the final exit visa validity after the application, it will appear on the page as FINAL.
How much time you must wait to get a final exit visa?
Following Saudi Arabia final exit rules and the steps of the application, they issue it within 60 days.
How long can a person stay in Saudi Arabia after final exit?
After the issue date, the final exit visa is valid for 60 days. Likewise, the validity of the visa when requesting it from the employer has a period of 15 days after approval. On the other hand, after they issue the exit visa, the validity of Iqama will not be relevant.
When people do not leave within the effective time, they will receive a penalty for an expired final exit visa. On the other hand, there will be no charges for canceling the final exit visa at the time it is valid.
As you could see, the visa consultation and application process is very simple, as you can do it through Absher and Muqeem. In addition, you now know what both mandatory and optional processes you need to be aware of according to the new rules in Saudi Arabia for final exit.