The capital of the United Arab Emirates is Abu Dhabi, which is a city that offers a wide range of job opportunities, including part-time. This is for professionals and students who want additional income or need flexibility in their schedules. For this, the best thing is the Abu Dhabi part time Jobs are an excellent option. These positions are what allow individuals to balance their work with other responsibilities, whether family, academic, or personal.
In this article, we will explore the various Abu Dhabi part time Jobs opportunities available. We will discuss the benefits of working part-time and how to find the best position that fits your needs and skills. Additionally, you will see the different types of jobs most common in this city. We will also provide job search tips and how to stand out in Abu Dhabi’s competitive job market.
Part-time work in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi part time Jobs have become a great option for many employees. However, many doubts can be found for this type of work environment. Therefore, if you want to have a part time Job in Abu Dhabi, you need to know everything to successfully carry out this process.
Expats usually have no idea about how to deal with this. This is because they are afraid of losing their jobs. For this reason, it is important that you know all the details about part time Jobs in UAE.
Benefits of a part-time job in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi part time Jobs provide many benefits to both employees and employers. Furthermore, nowadays thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, Part-time online Jobs in Abu Dhabi have become more common. For this reason, among the most notable benefits are:
- Those employers who do not have enough budget for full-time workers may hire part-time employees.
- Allows employers to hire only the employees they need and offer them a better deal.
- Allows employees who want to work fewer hours to do so and earn their desired income.
- All employees who wish to have more than one role can do so. Therefore, it is especially good for students.
- Thanks to this, employers can create specific roles for part-time employees for a certain project.
In Abu Dhabi can you work for more than one employer?
It is important that you consider all your options when working part time in Abu Dhabi. This way, an employer may hire you and work the corresponding hours but have free time that they want to use for another job. For this reason, this very common question arises if you can have more than one employer.
According to labor law, employees can have 2 employers. For this reason, if you have a work visa or a family visa, you will be able to get a part-time job and start earning new income. In this way, if you want to have more than one employer you must know the following.
- The employee has to obtain a part-time work permit from the MoHRE.
- You must pay a fee of AED 100 for the application and AED 500 for its approval.
Can full-time employees accept a part-time job in Abu Dhabi?
When talking about Abu Dhabi part time Jobs, many full-time employees want to do it. However, they do not know if this will be possible and if they can receive legal approval. For this reason, you should understand all of your legal rights regarding employment as it allows you to make a much better decision.
In this way, a person can start taking Abu Dhabi part-time Jobs when they meet the following conditions:
- You must obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the regular employee.
- Enter into a written contract with the next employer, i.e. part-time contract with the second part-time employer.
- The MoHRE will be responsible for granting a part-time work permit to the next employer.
Additionally, you must keep in mind that the individual may work less than 8 hours a day for the first employer. However, it is mandatory that you work a minimum of 20 hours a week.
The most important aspects of the legal framework for part-time work in Abu Dhabi
In order to better understand the Abu Dhabi part time Jobs, you must know its legal framework. Thus, although part-time jobs are common around the world, in Abu Dhabi many employers cannot offer that to their employees. In this way, Ministerial Decision Number 31 of 2018 is the legal framework for this type of work agreement.
Here, it is established that employers may legally sponsor and employ part-time employees. Furthermore, this decree not only allows people to work part-time. It also requires employers to allow their part-time employees to be employed by more than one employer at any time.
On the other hand, it is important to know that the provisions apply to both qualified first and second-level nationals, as well as expatriate employees. For this reason, you must understand the essentials of this legal framework and how to approach this type of employment agreement:
- Before you undertake part-time work, you must have legal authorization to do so.
- Primary and secondary employers: This is a distinction made by the MoHRE. This way, you can classify employers and determine the cost and provisions they should give to their part-time employees.
- Employees who accept part-time work must work a minimum of 20 hours for their primary employer.
- You may work for other employers, but must not exceed 48 work hours per week for those employers.
What part-time jobs are there in Abu Dhabi?
Abu Dhabi is one of the most important economic centers around the world. For this reason, many people from all over the world seek to work in this important emirate. In this way, you can find a wide variety of Abu Dhabi part time Jobs. Below is a list of part-time jobs that you can find:
- Part-time accountant.
- Marketing and sales executive.
- Electrical design engineer.
- Occupational therapist.
- RME Technician.
- Full stack developer.
- Materials planner.
- Business development consultant.
- Technical Support Engineer.
- Engineering and project manager.
These are just some of the Abu Dhabi part time Jobs that you can find. Therefore, if you are looking for a part-time job, at Connect Resources you can find the help you have been waiting for. This way, our team of experts can help you get that part-time job you have been waiting for.
For this reason, we invite you to contact us for more information. In addition, you can visit our insights to learn more not only about Abu Dhabi but also about the UAE and other Middle Eastern countries.