Expanding to Kuwait is a great decision for many businesses. However, there are many factors you have to take into consideration. If you are planning to build your own workforce in this country, you need to consider your hiring options. You can find employees in the local labour market, or you can hire foreign employees. For the latter, you would need to apply for a Kuwait work visa. This is because according to local regulations, foreign employees must have a Kuwait work visa for carrying out their tasks legally.
Here at Connect Resources, we can help you obtain this important document for your employees. We can assist in getting Kuwait work visa open date if you have trouble sponsoring your employees.
It is important to mention that to hire employees you need to have a local and licensed subsidiary. However, we can be your local entity in Kuwait so you can enter the market faster.
Work Visas in Kuwait
There are several types of visas in Kuwait. Each one of them is aimed at a specific trip purpose, length of stay and entry requirements. The options available are the following:
this visa is for individuals that want to enter and travel in Kuwait. Applicants are only required to provide basic information such as passport number, contact details and others, to obtain this visa. It is worth noting that individuals cannot apply for a tourist visa if they are planning to do an activity other than recreation, or a casual visit. It is not allowed to work under a tourist visa.
this visa has further categories since there are many options to which an individual can apply, based on the reasons to visit the country. For example, a company may sponsor an individual to obtain a visit visa, but also a relative can sponsor an individual to obtain it.
this visa is for expatriates that want to reside in the country. Individuals that want to obtain a work Kuwait visa have to apply for a residence visa. With the job visa for Kuwait, individuals can apply for a residence visa. However, this visa is for individuals that are not part of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). The employment visa in Kuwait is a subcategory of the residence visa.
this type of visa can only be issued by civil and government sector employees that hold an entrance visa. However, they can only be for joining providers and also applicants need to comply with a minimum amount of money.
Requirements to obtain Work Visas in Kuwait
If you want to obtain an employment visa Kuwait for your foreign employees, you need to comply with the requirements. It is important to know that you will have to apply for the residency visa on their behalf.
To obtain this type of work visa, you need an employment offer. Thus, you need to hire your employees first and after that, you can apply for a job visa in Kuwait. Then, they can travel to Kuwait and start their operations for you.
You will need to submit the following documentation:
- Original passport with at least a 6-month validity (Kuwait work visa on passport)
- Filled out visa application issued by the Kuwait Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Passport-size photograph
- It is required to submit an HIV/AIDS test
- Health certificate issued by a local doctor that states the employee is in good health and does not have a contagious disease
- Clean criminal record certificate
Once you have gathered all of these documents, your employee will receive a NOC (No objection Certificate) which allows him or her to enter Kuwait without any issues.
After they arrive in Kuwait, they will get their residence visa. The next step would be to apply for the Kuwait Civil ID, within 30 days after the issuance of the residence visa.
It is worth noting that the processing time does not vary depending on the nationality of the employee. Thus, the Kuwait work visa processing time for Indian is the same for everyone else, which could be a few days or maybe weeks.
The application process for a job visa for Kuwait is pretty straightforward. Here we have a summary of the steps you have to go through as an employer:
- First of all, you need to provide a job offer to the foreign employees you are planning to hire.
- Get a work permit issued by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour by submitting employees’ personal details
- Submit the required documentation
- The General Administration of Criminal Investigation will issue the NOC for your employees
- Send the NOC and the work permit to your employees
- The employee has to undergo a medical test in a facility recognized by the Kuwaiti Consulate.
- After that, the employee must receive a Police Clearance Certificate
- The employee can travel to Kuwait to get the residence visa stamped on the passport
- Lastly, the employee has to apply for the Kuwait Civil ID, and now he or she is ready to start working for you.
Here at Connect Resources, we can help you with everything related to your immigration needs. From checking the Kuwait work visa status to assistance throughout the entire process, we are here to help.
Important considerations about Work Visas in Kuwait
As an employer, you need to ensure all of your foreign employees comply with the law. This means that they should have their Kuwait employment visa or they are not able to work for you.
It is worth noting that this country has very strict rules about granting a Kuwait job visa. For this reason, it is important to consider the following:
- As an employer, you need to keep a file of your employees, whether it is a Kuwait work visa open or not. In this file, you need to include copies of each employee’s work contract, work permit, Civil ID, overtime hours, annual and sick leave documents, work injuries, penalties, and end of service. This is to be compliant with the Private Sector Kuwait Labour Law.
- Before applying for a job visa on your employees’ behalf, you need to prepare and make a job offer.
- The employee cannot enter Kuwait if he or she has not received the NOC
- Applicants have to prove they are in good health conditions and have a completely clean criminal record.
- It is important to gather all the documents and review them to ensure there are no mistakes or errors that could delay the application.
Why Choose Us?
You can trust Connect Resources to support you during your expansion to Kuwait. Our team of specialists is readily available to provide assistance with immigration with your EOR solutions. We can carry out several processes on your behalf such as Kuwait visa check online 2021.
We have solid experience in getting a work visa in Kuwait for foreign employees and we will ensure your needs are met. From Kuwait work visa for india 2021 up to any other foreign individual, we are here to help. Contact us to receive customized service.