When it comes to relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi, there are many questions and doubts that may arise about the process. For this reason, it’s important to be informed about everything involved when a business decides to send an employee to the UAE.
In this article, you’re going to learn about the essential aspects related to employee relocation, so you can be aware of all the steps involved in this process. Whether you’re an employer planning to send a worker to the UAE, or you’re a professional looking for starting your life in this country, you can benefit from this information. Let’s observe:
- Frequently asked questions about relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi
- What is employee relocation?
- What documents are necessary for the relocation?
- Can you move to the UAE with your family?
- How can you arrange accommodation?
- What are the health requirements for the relocation?
- How can you move your belongings to the UAE?
- Why is Connect Resources your best option for relocation?
1. Frequently asked questions about relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi
If you’re looking for relocation companies in Abu Dhabi because you’re planning on sending employees to that place, it’s a good decision, because they can help you with all of the aspects involved with this.
Relocation is necessary when you’re planning an expansion, and you can either send some of your current employees to the UAE, or you can outsource and hire internationally. In both cases, it’s necessary to have the entire information about the process.
When you need to hire staff for your business, whether it’s for your local office or for the new brand where you’re planning to relocate your employees, you have to find a great agency. For this reason, Connect Resources can be your best ally in this matter by offering a comprehensive service.
1.1 Why do you need to be informed about relocation?
The information about relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi it’s very important. It can help you determine whether you want to do the relocation with your own resources, or if it’s better to contact an agency that can assist you.
Let’s observe why it’s important to be well-informed about relocation whether you’re an employer or employee:
- You can have a better understanding of the process
- It can be used to determine if it’s the best strategic decision for your business
- The information will help you know which steps you can do by yourself and which can be outsourced
- It can help you have an overview of everything you have to take into consideration. so you can have an outstanding plan that allows you to get excellent results.
Perhaps you’re considering the relocation of some of your employees, but you still don’t know when it’s the right time to do it. If you’re planning on using the services of an outsourcing agency to help you with these kind of HR functions, you have to know when it’s advisable to do it.
1.2 Why do you need to consider everything about employee relocation?
If you want to send employees to Abu Dhabi, it’s important to do it in a way that allows them to adapt easily.
Moving and living abroad could be challenging, and if you want your business to be successful you need to have committed employees. You can only achieve that when you provide them with everything they need.
Relocation involves so much more than the necessary documentation to work legally. This is because many employees would want to move with their families, pets, belongings, and more.
2. What is employee relocation?
The relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi refers to the fact that a person moves abroad. It’s also known as international relocation.
Why do some companies need to do employee relocation? Let’s observe:
- They want to enter and test a new market
- It’s part of their international expansion plan
- The employees are sent to fulfill a short or long term assignment
When we refer to relocation we’re also talking about global mobility. Having a global workforce could be the best solution for your issues. but you need to know how you can implement a solid strategy that can give you the results you’re expecting.
3. What documents are necessary for the relocation?
The first step for carrying out the relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi is processing all the necessary documentation. Every expat needs to have the mandatory documents to work legally in the UAE.
What are the necessary documents to work legally in Abu Dhabi? Let’s observe:
- Work permit
- Employment contract
- Permanent residency visa
- Emirates ID card
- Personal documents: degrees, marriage certificates, etc. They should be attested.
The employer is responsible to process all of these documents, and it can be overwhelming when there are several employees that have to be relocated. If you need help, you can trust in Connect Resources to help you deal with this.
3.1 How to get the work visa?
Getting the work visa is essential if the person wants to work legally in the UAE. The employee can’t do this process since the employer is responsible to do it. The employer has to follow some guidelines to process the visa, let’s observe:
- Process the work permit to entry the UAE
- Get the paperwork to process the emirates ID
- The employee needs to travel to the UAE to continue the process
- The employer has to provide an insurance policy as it’s mandatory for getting the visa
If the employee is planning living in Abu Dhabi with family, it’s necessary to process also the residency permits and ID cards for each member.
Dealing with the HR operations can be difficult if you don’t have the expertise, especially when it comes to relocate employees. If you’d like to have an outstanding performance with your HR tasks, you need to count on with our experts in Connect Resources, where we’re going to focus on giving you the best advice.
4. Can you move to the UAE with your family?
One of the most common doubts when it comes to relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi relates to the fact that workers don’t know if they can bring their family with them.
The employees can move with their families, but they need to have the necessary documentation too. They can be the sponsors for their families, and an agency like Connect Resources can help you with all of the paperwork.
4.1 What about the education in the UAE?
A great concern about living in Abu Dhabi with family is in relation with the education. The UAE is one of the best in the world for raising children, and it’s rated as the 12th for quality of education.
There are many excellent international schools for expat children, but they tend to be costly. The other option is homeschooling, and many expats prefer this choice since there are many networks and support groups to help them.
4.2 Can you move to the UAE with your pets?
The employees can move with their pets to the UAE, but they need to have the required documents in order first. What do you need to bring your pet to Abu Dhabi? Let’s observe:
- Copy of employee’s passport
- Veterinary certificate with up-to-date vaccination
- An UAE pet import permit
- Pet passport
When you’re planning relocation, you need to have an excellent outsourcing company that can help you. Finding a great agency could be difficult since there are many of them in the UAE. for this reason, you have to follow our tips to know how to choose one.
5. How can you arrange accommodation?
Accommodation is one of the main concerns in relation with relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi. Renting is the first option, although many expats can choose to buy a house. Both options aren’t cheap, and utilities are also costly in Abu Dhabi.
All you need is a housing contract certified by the authorities, and they’re often long-term leases. Most places come with additional facilities, and rents have to be paid monthly, but there’s also the option to pay upfront for a year.
Relocating employees is a task that businesses carry out when they’re expanding themselves. But there are many aspects that you have to know before doing this process. If you’d like to understand more about relocation, you have to continue reading.
6. What are the health requirements for the relocation?
Health is highly important when it comes to living abroad since many employees want to be covered in case anything happens. Additionally, all expatriates that are looking for living in the UAE should pass the medical exam, so it means they need to have a great health condition.
What do you need in terms of health to relocate? Let’s observe:
- There are no mandatory vaccinations to enter to the UAE
- It’s necessary to undergo a medical exam
- Employees need to have health insurance paid by the employer
Relocation companies in Abu Dhabi can help you process the health insurance for employees, since it’s mandatory to receive the residency permit.
When you decide to contact an agency that is going to help you with relocation, you have to set everything out first. It’s advisable to propose a service level agreement between both parties. This is so each one can know the scope of the service and can be clear about what they’re going to receive.
7. How can you move your belongings to the UAE?
The relocation of employee to Abu Dhabi also involves moving their belongings or goods. Since the UAE is a Muslim country, some restrictions apply to the kind of items you can take with you. Additionally, some items are subjected to inspection.
What can the employee take to the UAE? Let’s observe:
- Food items: there are regulations about the maximum amounts of food people can take with them.
- Car: the employee can take the car but it’s necessary to pay an import tax as well as it’s necessary to provide some documents.
- Personal belongings: the employee can take or ship personal belongings, as long as they’re not forbidden by the authorities.
Carrying out a relocation project could be expensive, and you have to plan it very good. For this reason, if you don’t want to exceed your company’s budget, you have to know about the true cost of an employee. It will allow you to plan a better strategy.
8. Why is Connect Resources your best option for relocation?
Once you know some of the most common doubts that many companies have when it comes to relocation, perhaps you still want to know more about this matter, or maybe you need assistance with the process.
You can trust in Connect Resources to help you deal with the challenges that may arise with relocation. We have a team of specialists readily available to solve all of your inquiries and assist you in every step. We can help you successfully relocate your employees in Abu Dhabi with ease.
Would you like to contact Connect Resources for assistance with relocation? You can call at +971 433 166 88 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you’ll talk to one of their representatives that will gladly answer all of your questions.