The dos and don’ts of choosing an Employer of Record platform
Hiring remote workers for your business or needing to expand your company internationally are both excellent times for hiring an Employer of Record that could offer you a wide range of services to relieve some burden.
In this article, you’re going to learn everything you need to know about how to choose an EOR platform. By knowing what you should and shouldn’t do you’re going to be able to take the best decision that could greatly benefit your business. Let’s observe:
- The dos and don’ts of choosing an Employer of Record platform
- Do: Know the service type and options
- Do: Choose based on your need
- Do: Learn about the EOR’s experience and trajectory
- Do: Know who you’ll be dealing with
- Don’t: Fail to simplify your processes
- Don’t: Pick an EOR without understanding your needs
- Don’t: Sign the contract without reviewing the terms
- Don’t: Choose an EOR that don’t operate in your prospective country
- Why Connect Resources could be your best option for EOR platform?
1. The dos and don’ts of choosing an Employer of Record platform
When considering on choosing a partner for your company, many don’t know the difference between employer of record vs peo, and this sometimes causes them to block themselves from picking the right service.
If you’re still unsure about the differences between EOR and PEO services, you have to understand how the EOR could be the best one for your business in terms of international expansion and hiring needs.
1.1 What is an employer of record platform?
An employer of record platform offers several levels of outsourced employment services, and it’s the best choice for those businesses that want to employ staff abroad so they can meet their multinational goals.
What can an employer of record platform do for your business? Let’s observe:
- It is an effective employer of your employees
- You can retain control of your employees without being liable for them
- You can use an EOR for many reasons, among them are HR, administrative or strategic functions
- An EOR could help you access to a new market
Keep in mind that there are multiple EOR options that you can choose from, so be aware of your needs and requirements so you can identify the best provider and you can receive the benefits that you expect.
2. Do: Know the service type and options
One of the main things you have to do before choosing the employer of record for your business should be knowing which services they offer and the several options that you have to solve your specific needs.
As you may know, there are many firms offering EOR services, so you have to know how to differentiate them so you can choose the perfect service for you. Know how to identify your requirements before choosing the service.
What are the several services that you hire from an EOR? Let’s observe:
- You can outsource any business tasks like payroll or any other
- You can hire full-time employees for your business
- You can request them to manage everything related with your workforce
- You can hire independent contractors
- You can request them to manage your administrative responsibilities
Keep in mind that there are many services that you can choose to receive from the EOR, including managing the payroll for your business so you don’t have to worry about making the payments for your employees.
3. Do: Choose based on your need
If you decide to contact an employer of record it’s because you need a third partner that helps you manage your workforce and many tasks related with it, so it’s essential that you choose based on your particular requirements.
What are some of the needs that you can solve with an EOR platform? Let’s observe:
- Legal presence in a specific country
- Drafting and managing of employment contracts
- Managing your business’ taxes
- Doing the visa application
- Receiving health benefits for your workforce
- Solving your HR needs
- Managing your payroll
There are many services offered by the employers of records so you have to know which one of them could be the best fit for your business, so be aware that there are many solutions available.
3.1 Should you use an EOR for international expansion?
When you’re planning an international expansion, an employer of record company could be the best solution so you can decrease the complexities of overseas employment and you can receive what you have in mind without too much trouble.
What are the reasons to use an EOR for international expansion? Let’s observe:
- To solve your company’s needs for talent abroad
- To help you with the day-to-day responsibilities of your business
- To define the amount of liability you’re going to have
- To solve the challenges and difficulties of hiring abroad
- To have an expert in the country that assume liabilities for your company
4. Do: Learn about the EOR’s experience and trajectory
When deciding to contact an employer of record you need to do your research about the several agencies that you could hire, so you can know their level of expertise in your desired service and how long they have been providing this service.
Why is it important to know about the experience and trajectory of the EOR you’re going to choose? Let’s observe:
- Clients similar to your company: if the EOR has worked with other businesses similar to yours, then you can be sure that they’re going to understand your specific needs.
- Type of service: when the EOR has been providing the same type of service to other companies, you’re going to trust that the service is well-designed and it’s going to work.
- Trajectory: EORs that have been offering several services for many years have better defined their processes and they’re best than those that are unexperienced.
Depending on the service that you’d like to hire from the EOR, you have to know their experience in the field so you ensure an excellent delivery and your business could continue its expansion.
5. Do: Know with who you’ll be dealing with
The employer of record responsibilities could vary depending on the type of service that you decide to hire, so you have to know who’s going to be the link between the EOR and you. It’s crucial to know if you’re going to have a dedicated account manager to whom you could talk to in case you need anything.
An important question that you should ask the EOR is: Who will I be dealing with? You need to have a point of contact or an account manager to have a great communication and deliverance of the service.
The EOR typically offers a person that is going to be the link between your business, the worker and the EOR. You’re going to deal with that person regularly, so be very well-informed about who are they.
Knowing the complete service that you’re going to receive from the EOR is the best way to know if they have a dedicated person that is going to be readily available to solve your inquiries, for this reason, Connect Resources and its recruitment solution is the best for you.
6. Don’t: Fail to simplify your processes
The main purpose of hiring an employer of record is to simplify your processes, so you can have more time to dedicate to your business’ core activities and you don’t have to worry about hiring and selection processes.
Contacting an EOR is going to help you solve your challenges to hire workers, so you have to hire them only if they’re going to simplify your processes.
What are the considerations for hiring an EOR to simplify your processes? Let’s observe:
- Help you solve the international hiring process
- Hire employees domestically easily
- Have an ally to help you dealing with the labor laws and requirements of the country for hiring employees
- Help you stay in compliance with the regulations
- Save time and money in hiring processes
- Help your team focus on its strategy and growth
If you’d like to save time and money with your processes and simplify them, you need to know about the best strategies so you can keep your business in the road to success.
7. Don’t: Pick an EOR without understanding your needs
If the employer of record you’re deciding to hire doesn’t understand your needs and the service that you’re requesting, then this business relationship is going to fail because you’re not going to receive the solution that you expect.
How can you be sure that the EOR can understand your needs? Let’s observe:
- Ask the right questions about their services and structures
- Make sure to clearly point out your needs and requirements
- Know how the service is going to be delivered
- Be sure to know if they’re committed to align their service with your needs
Keep in mind that during this difficult times when businesses are dealing with the coronavirus outbreak, there are many doubts about doing the remote team outsourcing, so it’s important to know the best tips for doing it with a EOR.
8. Don’t: Sign the contract without reviewing the terms
The employer of record vs peo is a common debate particularly because you have to know about the different services they offer and the terms that they have in their contracts. Don’t sign without knowing everything that’s going to be covered with this partnership.
Why is it important to know the terms of the contract with the EOR? Let’s observe:
- To protect your company from breach of confidentiality
- To protect your business and employees’ sensitive data
- To have a high level of data security
- To eliminate the risk of liability or data loss
If you need to do staff outsourcing for your business, Connect Resources is the best option for your business because they have a comprehensive service adapted to your needs and they’re clear about the terms of their service.
9. Don’t: Choose an EOR that don’t operate in your prospective country
One of the employer of record responsibilities should be to cover your needs in the countries you’re considering so you can trust that your hiring process will be done excellently in terms of your expansion needs.
If you’re planning to expand yourself internationally, you definitely need to know if the EOR is global or if they offer their services in the countries you’re considering. What do you have to check about the EOR? Let’s observe:
- Check if they’re active in the global markets that you have in mind
- Ask if they have offices in the region where you’d like to establish your new branch
- Consider if they have account managers in the region so you can contact them without having to worry about time zone differences
10. Why Connect Resources could be your best option for EOR platform?
The best employer of record company that you can choose is Connect Resources since it’s one of the top-leading agencies that has been offering this service to several companies in a variety of industries.
Solving the needs for your business in terms of liabilities and hiring employees could help your company to expand and grow, so it’s an important decision and you have to think about it before choosing the EOR service provider.
Would you like to contact Connect Resources to help you with the challenges of COVID-19? You can call at +971 433 166 88 or send an email to [email protected], and you’ll talk to one of their representatives that will gladly answer all of your questions.