Citizens and residents of Qatar must have a valid Qatar ID and carry it with them everywhere they go. In this regard, it is helpful to know how to do the Qatar ID check online by passport number so you can be aware of its validity.
In this article, we are going to guide you through each step of doing the Qatar ID check online by passport number. Furthermore, you are going to learn other additional ways to do the Qatar ID check. Let us observe:
- Do you know what the Qatar ID is?
- Why do you need to check your Qatar ID?
- Steps to Qatar ID check online by passport number
- Checking your Qatar ID using your QID number
- See how to check your Qatar ID using the Metrash Wallet
- Renew your Qatar ID timely to avoid issues
1. Do you know what the Qatar ID is?
Every country in the world has a national identification card. In the case of the UAE, there is the Emirates ID. And, in Qatar, it is the Qatar ID.
So, a Qatar ID is a photo identity card issued to every citizen and resident in the country. Therefore, every holder of an ID has a unique 11-digit number.
The purpose of the Qatar ID is to store the person’s details in a government database. For this reason, in some countries, it is necessary to provide biometrics for your ID card.
If you are an expatriate in Qatar, you must hold a valid Qatar ID so you can enjoy residence rights in the country.
Also, it is required to have your ID with you at all times, since in certain circumstances you will have to display it. Thus, it is advisable to replace your lost or damaged ID card so you can have one in perfect condition.
1.1 Here we have the information contained in your Qatar ID card
Your Qatar ID has the following information about you:
- QID number.
- Date of birth.
- Sponsor details.
Also, as an expatriate, you need to know that your Qatar ID has a period of validity. This means that once it has expired, you have to renew it to stay in compliance with local regulations.
2. Why do you need to check your Qatar ID?
We understand how complex can be to stay up-to-date with the expiry date of your ID card. For this reason, you can follow some simple steps to do the qatar ID check online by passport number so you can know when it is the proper time to renew it.
Also, since your QID is your proof of identity and residency, it is important to hold a valid one. And, if you want to get access to a variety of services in Qatar such as getting a business license, opening a bank account, or any other, it is necessary to submit a valid QID.
And, since Qatar is not issuing visa stickers for new residents because the identity card replaced the visa page on passports, your QID is your only official document for entering the country.
As you can see, it is very important to do the qatar id check by passport number. This way, you can do it any time you forget your QID expiry date. Thus, you can renew it timely.
3. Steps to Qatar ID check online by passport number
Doing the qatar ID check online by passport number is very simple. You just need to have a computer with internet access, and your passport number.
You can use this method in case you have lost your QID and you do not remember your QID number, or if you know your passport number by memory and thus it is easier for you.
And, since you can check your visa using your passport number, you can also check your identity card using your passport number.
3.1 Qatar ID check online by passport number in a few minutes
Here we have the steps for checking your QID in no time:
- Enter the MOI Website.
- Look for the icon of “Inquiries” and click on it.
- You will see a menu on the left. Click on “other inquiries.”
- Click on the “official documents” icon.
- Now, you can choose between two options. If you do not have your QID number you have to choose the “passport number” option.
- Enter your passport number on the blank box.
- You have to select your nationality from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the verification code.
- Click on “search.”
After that, you will be able to see your QID. It is worth noting that this process is only available for Qatar residents that already have their QID. If your QID has not been issued, you cannot follow these steps to check it.
4. Checking your Qatar ID using your QID number
If you do not want to do the Qatar ID check online by passport number you can also use your QID number to check it.
Just as you can check your visa status in Qatar, you can check your QID using your Qatar ID number.
You will have to follow the next steps which are similar to the ones to check your QID using your passport number:
- Go to the MOI website.
- Search for the “Inquiries” button by scrolling down and looking for a magnifying glass icon.
- Click on “Other inquiries” on the left menu.
- Select the “Official documents” icon. It is the one with a Qatari passport icon.
- On the next page, select the “QID number” option.
- Enter your Qatar ID number on the box.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Click on “Search.”
After that, you can see the validity of your QID. But, if you do not see any results after you have provided your QID number, then it is likely you are entering incorrect information. Click on reset and type again.
5. See how to check your Qatar ID using the Metrash Wallet
As an expatriate in Qatar, you may have to familiarize yourself with a variety of rules, for example, with the Qatar Labour Law.
The good news is that in Qatar you have many resources to look for information and to stay updated, as this is one of the jobs of the Ministry of Labour.
In fact, the Ministry of Labour has also developed a mobile app intending to facilitate processes for foreign residents. And, one of the functions it has is the helpful “wallet” feature.
Here you can see digital copies of your identity documents, such as your Qatar Driving License, Vehicle permit, and Qatar ID card.
Thus, if you do not want to do the Qatar id check online by passport number, you can download the App and do it wherever you are.
5.1 Check your Qatar ID on Metrash2 App easily
To check your QID in a few steps just do the following:
- Download the Metrash2 App on your mobile phone.
- Login to the App by providing your QID number and PIN code.
- Click on the “Wallet” option located on the main menu at the top.
- You will see a series of documents, check on the ID card box to display your QID.
With this E-service, it is easier to check your Qatar ID. It is helpful whenever you are approaching any of the MOI departments or whenever a police officer requests your ID and you do not have it with you.
However, it is advisable to carry the QID with you at all times. Only use this method when it is strictly necessary to present your ID and you do not have it.
6. Renew your Qatar ID timely to avoid issues
Once you have done the Qatar ID check online by passport number, you can see your QID expiration date. If it is near, you have to proceed with the renewal.
You can renew it easily by entering the MOI website and following the next steps:
- Enter the MOI website.
- Look for the “E-services” icon.
- Click on the “residency services” option.
- Click on “renew residency.”
- Enter your QID number.
- Choose the renewal period.
- Pay the fees.
Your QID will be renewed after a week. But, if you prefer to renew it offline, you can go to any of the Expatriates Affairs Departments. Make sure to bring your application form duly filled out and attach a copy of your documentation.
Also, before renewing your Qatar ID make sure to check your fines on your QID.
As an expatriate residing in Qatar, you want to count on the best tools to succeed in the country. For this reason, you have to visit our blog. Here you will find useful resources such as how to use the Ministry of labour Qatar website or how to check Qatar visa online validity status.