When a company makes an expansion to another country, there are several factors it has to take into account. Even before planning to incorporate your subsidiary, you need to learn everything about the local regulations if you want to build a local workforce. In this regard, it is essential to know what the minimum wage in Lebanon is. This is with the aim to stay competitive and providing great offerings that can help you attract talent.
For this reason, you need to do your research about the Lebanon labour law salary 2022, so you can stay in compliance. As a business, you need to follow the regulations established in the Lebanon labour law 2022 because you have to provide compliant employment contracts.
In Connect Resources we can help you with all of your hiring needs in Lebanon, as well as stay in compliance. With our comprehensive assistance, you do not need to worry about these matters and you can focus on growing your business in your new location.
Lebanon minimum wage
The currency in Lebanon is the Lebanese pound (LBP). According to Lebanon new labour law 2022, the current minimum wage Lebanon is LBP 675,000 per month.
This means that as a business, you need to provide this amount as the Lebanon labour law basic salary at least.
A wage is a payment that every employee receives in return for his or her service and according to the employment contract. The employee may receive the wage in cash or in kind, and the frequency of payment can be hourly, daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.
Provisions about minimum wage in Lebanon
According to the Lebanon labour law 2022, here we have the most critical aspects of the minimum wage in Lebanon:
- The employer should pay the employee an amount that would be sufficient to cover his or her basic needs as well as those of his or her family.
- The salary should reflect the nature of the work, and it cannot be less than the statutory minimum wage.
- Decree 7426/2012 is the latest regulation about the minimum wage
- The wages must be expressed in the employment contract, as well as the payment and deductions
Whether it is Lebanon government jobs 2022 or a private job, employees in Lebanon cannot earn less than the minimum wage established by the law.
Payment of wages in Lebanon
When it comes to salary in Lebanon, companies need to follow the guidelines stipulated in the Lebanon labour law 2022, which are the following:
- Employees that are under a monthly or annual wage calculation must receive their payments at least once per month.
- The employer may not change the basis of payment of employees that are paid on monthly basis, without the employee’s written agreement.
- Pregnant employees should receive the full wage or salary during the maternity leave
Allowances are also a crucial part of the Lebanon salary. For this reason, it is important to understand which allowances you have to include because they are mandatory and which ones are supplemental.
Some of the most common allowances are the following:
- Transportation: employees should receive LBP 208,000 per month, which is LBP 8,000 per every working day.
- Family allowances: every married employee should receive LBP 60,000 for spouse allowance, and LBP 33,000 for every child, with a maximum of 5 children. These are paid by the NSSF.
- Schooling allowance: there are three types of schooling allowances that are granted for every child from 3 years of age. LBP 300,000 for public school students, LBP 750,000 for private school or university students, and LBP 450,000 for Lebanese University students.
Deductions and contributions
As an employer, you also have to deal with deductions when it comes to your payroll. Besides the minimum wage, you have to consider the following deductions as per the Labour Law:
- Social security contributions
- Income tax contributions
Why Choose Us?
Here at Connect Resources, we can help you with everything your Lebanon subsidiary needs, from hiring employees to processing their payments. We also can help you draft employment contracts compliant with Lebanon new labour law 2022.
You will not have to worry about the average salary in Lebanon since we will help you develop solid benefits plans, offerings, and wages that are great to the nature of your business. Contact us to receive a tailored solution.