Kuwait is a very prominent country that welcomes foreign investment. Thus, it is the perfect place to start your expansion to the Middle East. In this regard, you need to know how to establish your Kuwait company subsidiary.
Incorporating your business in Kuwait can take time since it is a long process. Some investors may spend even months in the process to incorporate fully. And, after that, you also have to hire employees, run the payroll, and much more since these are the main components of doing business in Kuwait.
Here at Connect Resources, we can make the process faster. We can provide assistance throughout each step of your incorporation. Moreover, you can use our local entity to hire employees and have a faster market entry. You get to choose a service tailored to your needs.
How to set up a subsidiary in Kuwait
Planning your expansion to Kuwait includes preparing yourself to set up your company. However, there are many different factors that you have to take into account, some of the most important are the following:
- Some regions and cities have their own Kuwait companies law that may differ in some aspects.
- You have to determine which type of subsidiary you would like to incorporate, based on the nature of your business setup in Kuwait.
- It is best to work with an accountant, lawyer, or consultant with expertise in business law in Kuwait.
- You will need to prepare the documentation to incorporate your company and provide personal details about the shareholders or any other required.
Types of subsidiaries in Kuwait
Before incorporating your Kuwait company subsidiary, you have to determine the legal structure it will have. According to the companies law Kuwait, you can establish the following types of entities:
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Shareholding Company
- Partnership Company
- Brach Company
It is essential to point out that each type of company has its regulations according to the new Kuwait companies law, and they also place restrictions on the activity you are going to carry out in the country.
For example, a branch company is very restrictive, since it operates based on the parent company. Most investors prefer to incorporate an LLC because it gives them flexibility and the most freedom to operate.
Steps for setting up LLC Kuwait Subsidiary
Since the LLC is the most common type of entity in Kuwait, and the preferred one by investors, it is essential to know how to incorporate it effectively.
Here we have the main steps for establishing your LLC in Kuwait:
- Do the registration at the Department of Companies of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI)
- Choose a unique company name and reserve it.
- The Department of Companies issues a letter addressed to the bank and you have to retrieve it and make the capital deposit
- Select a physical office and get the inspection by the respective municipality
- Draft your Memorandum of Association and obtain approval from the Department of Companies
- Notarize the MOA at a public notary
- Register your company at the Commercial Registry
- Do the registration at the Kuwait Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Register at the Public Authority for Civil Information (PACI)
- Lastly, do the registration at the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Subsidiary Laws in Kuwait
One of the main aspects of setting up a Kuwait company subsidiary is complying with local laws. Here are the ones you have to follow if you decide to incorporate an LLC:
- Foreign investors cannot have 100% ownership of the company unless it is a free zone company. A local shareholder must hold 51% of the shares.
- LLCs have to pay an annual corporate tax rate of 15%
- It has complex business requirements so you need to know how to navigate them since they can sometimes be contradictory
Benefits of setting up a Kuwait subsidiary
Even though establishing an entity for doing business in Kuwait may be challenging, it is a country that offers many benefits.
By setting up company in Kuwait you can enjoy the following:
- Hire local and foreign employees
- Establish relationships with other businesses
- Operate legally in the country
- Engage in several commercial activities
- Work on the most prominent sectors and economy to boost your income
- Access to the Middle East market and continue expanding throughout the region
And, if you choose to incorporate an LLC, you can operate independently, so your parent company will not have to worry about compliance issues, litigations, or problems.
Furthermore, if you decide to partner with Connect Resources for your setup in Kuwait, you can even obtain more benefits. You can enjoy faster incorporation of your Kuwait company subsidiary since you will not have to wait until incorporating your company because we offer our local entity as your EOR.
Important considerations about the Kuwait subsidiary
Once you know everything that setting up a subsidiary entails, you need to be prepared to start the process. There are many important considerations you should have, as follows:
- Some businesses need to get a Kuwait License Registration to perform certain activities in the country.
- The setup process may take a lot of time and financial involvement, so you have to be prepared and patient.
- It is required to pay fees throughout the incorporation the process
Why Choose Us
By partnering with us, you can achieve a seamless expansion to Kuwait. We can help you navigate the complexities of incorporating an entity in the country. Our well-versed team in the new companies law Kuwait, Saudi law, and Kuwaiti Laws can provide comprehensive assistance so you do not have to worry about non-compliance.
Connect Resources can be your go-to option to start your business in Kuwait. As one of the leading business setup companies in Kuwait, we can understand your requirements and provide an effective solution. Contact us to solve all your queries about our service.